What a wonderful fall

Jake Simpson

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Walking quickly along the fourth floor corridor, carrying a small stack of his books, his notebook placed on top. Jake travelled around Hogwarts, aimlessly trying to get to his next class. He didn't quite know where he was supposed to be. Where he was going and where he was at that moment. The students around him were rushing, going to their own destinations as quickly as they could. Oblivious to the dark haired Slytherin boy they were pushing around. Even though he was being shoved about by the hoard of students around him, Jake was pleased he wasn't being noticed all that much. He stopped walking and looked around for a place to have a rest so he could maintain his invisibility from everybody else. He couldn't see anywhere. He looked down at the top of his notebook "Damnit." He mumbled quietly to himself while the noise of the shouting and footsteps of the crowd around him continued to fill his ears.

He started to walk through the corridor again, hoping there would be a place to sit further along. At that moment he tripped over his own feet and face planted in the middle of the floor. He held his head up and rapidly looked around for his books to see if they had taken any damage from the fall. His school books were completely fine, no damage whatsoever. He let out a quiet sigh of relief and stood up to retrieve his books. At that moment he saw his notebook on the floor, a few of its pages scattered around. He started to get anxious; he had to get those pages quick so nobody would see them. He picked up his notebook as quickly as he could and searched for the pages. He picked up a couple and shoved them back into the tattered cover where they once lived and picked up another that had somehow drifted on top of the frame of a nearby painting. He needed to find one more page. He looked around for it but had no success in locating it. Then he noticed a girl whose face looked familiar walking up to him holding his lost page. He looked at the page and asked "Where did you find that?" as he looked back at her waiting for an answer.

Georgiana was glad her last class of the day was over, and she tried making her way back to the stairs so she could go up to her dorm but there seemed to be alot of other students witht he same idea. She tried to stay out of the way of the kids who were being really pushy. Staying put next to the wall was her best idea to wait for the crowd to slow down and become less. "Oh!" She said as a piece of paper landed onto her feet, she looked around but no one seemed to be going to claim it so she picked it up. Glancing at it she stopped herself from really looking at it knowing she wouldn't want people looking at her papers that could potentially be private.

The she saw him, a familar face was picking up papers that had been dropped and shoving them back into his notebook. Slowly she approached him holding the paper out till he noticed her. "On my feet," she replied to his question, her tone was indifferent considering she hadn't looked at and didn't know what was on it. "What are you doing here? I thought I was never going to see you again after that night in London," she said peering at him through her bangs that were hanging in her face. She remembered the night she had run after a man who was chasing the boy infront of her. She stopped the man from killing the boy with a couple of flicks of her wand, of course she hadn't known the boy was a wizard as well, and she was sure he ahdn't known about her being a witch.

Listening to the girl tell him where his lost page was, Jake smiled. He appreciated how honest she was, the other people in his house would've kept it to show to their friends to make fun of him. He wasn't used to somebody like her, somebody who had the courtesy to give the page back to him, somebody who greeted him with a friendly smile. He took the page from her and shoved it back into the notebook quickly, hoping she didn't see a thing. "This is my school, i get educated here if its not already obvious due to my uniform" He said jokingly, he felt he needed to impress the girl, nobody else at Hogwarts had bothered to take a second look at him.

Her name didn't come to his mind. Did he even ask her what her name was? He pondered to himself for a moment while looking down at his feet. "I've forgotten your name. I'm not even sure if i asked for it or not" He felt his cheeks turn a shade of pink, he was embarrassed he admitted it to her. This made him nervous; he didn't want to ruin this pleasant conversation by saying something rude or inappropriate. Looking back at her, he smiled, trying to hide his embarrassment. "So, How are you" He asked her politely. A simple question, a question to change the subject.

Georgiana was glad he wasn't going to just ignore her, considering the last time they met could make things a bit awkward. She looked at his uniform when he mentioned it and was suprised to see him being a slytherin. I can't see him as being one, she thought to herself. She wasn't sure exactly sure if he was joking but his voice indicated he was even though the words could be a very Slytherin way of puting things if said with a sneer.

"Georgiana, Georgiana Night, uh, Jake is it?" She said even though she still recalled his name she didn't want him to feel as embarassed as he seemed to be. She had never seen a boy besides her brother turn so pink it made her smile grow slightly at noticing it. "I'm doing well, how've you been? No run-ins with men with knifes lately, I hope," she stated in a teasing but also hopeful tone.

Jake was pleased Georgiana told him her name. He was relieved he didn't need to ask. It would've made everything too stressful and tiring for him to handle. His head still pounding from His fall. The pain wasn't important to him, he ignored it. Talking to Georgiana was making everything seem a little calmer. He looked briefly at her uniform to see what house she was in. Gryffindor, crap. Hiding his growing anxiety Jake answered Georgiana's Question "Yeah, my name's Jake. Thanks for telling me your name. I appreciate it." He said with a kind tone in his voice. He then frowned, realising he was being polite to her. If somebody else in Slytherin saw them being nice to each other, he was scared what would happen; he didn't know what would happen. A few unkind words from a distance? The whole house planning a plot of revenge against him? He wouldn't be able to deal with a mob of his fellow housemates coming after him angrily.

He rapidly looked around the corridor which was now void of students, They must've gone back to their dorms now. Jake thought to himself. He saw none of his housemates. "I'm doing good. Nope, nobody has gone near me, their scared of me, I'm just the kind of person that's scary." He said teasing her back, with a cheeky grin on his face. He liked talking to Georgiana, she was sweet and talking to somebody in hogwarts that was sweet was completely different for him. He wanted to get to know her more; having at least one friend at Hogwarts would be enough for him. Having one friend is better than having none. He thought to himself. He just needed to make sure Georgiana was on the same page. "I don't have any friends here, its unbelievable with my good looks right?" He said jokingly, trying to subtly hint that he wanted a friendship with her.

Georgiana nodded her head in reply, glad she had remembered his name right. She found herself glancing around and noticed all the students were gone and briefly wanted to go up to her dorm to drop her bag off but didn't want to be rude and just leave. A nice Slytherin was something new for her, all most all her classes this semester were with other first year Gryffindors and slytherins, none of the slytherins having anything nice to say yet. She wondered what he would think when he saw her house crest, if his mood would change like more other slytherins did.

"You're not very scary to me, maybe because you're still getting over losing all your papers in the hall. Did anyone step on them?"
She asked polietly trying to make for a good conversation. Her mind went back to the night in London were she first met him, he didn't seem anything at all like a Slytherin then either, prehaps the hat made a mistake. When she heard him say he didn't have any friends she felt bad for the boy. She knew how hard it was for her brother to make friends, but he had with help from her and the friends she had made. "That must be very lonely. My brother is most shy person I've ever met, it took him most of the first semester to make friends, and now he barely has time for me! We should be friends, then if anyone is mean to me I can say, 'Better be nice or I'll have my scary Slytherin friend come after you!" She said with a laugh, of course she was joking so she hoped he would laugh as well. All her friends besides her brother were in her own house and then there was her odd friend she found in Logan a third year Ravenclaw, so she felt the need to broaden her friendship circle to the others as well. Georgiana was a very social person and enjoyed talking with most people, including Jake.

Pleased that corridor had emptied, Jake smiled at Georgiana, he was happy to be around somebody that actually cared about what he had to say. "Um, i don't know. I was just focusing on getting them back without anybody seeing them." He said to her, his head tilted toward the ground. He felt embarrassed remembering his fall. He hoped nobody noticed, although he was thankful it got Georgiana to talk to him again, this conversation made him change his perspective on Hogwarts. Maybe there are people who want to know me, maybe, just maybe. He couldn't get over how refreshing it was to have a conversation without rude or sarcastic comments directed at him. Her presence made him feel accepted. Maybe it was because she was a Gryffindor. or maybe it was just her. He had no idea. He was just happy to be near somebody like her.

He smiled while he listened to her talk about her brother, she seemed close to him. He always envied people who had brothers and sisters. He was an only child and having a sibling to talk to might have stopped him from being so antisocial. "It does get kind of lonely sometimes" He added with a lethargic tone to his voice. "I don't really like to talk to people that much, im scared they might be mean to me." He muttered honestly, he hoped being honest would make her think he was a good friend. Who doesn't want an honest friend? He asked himself. He looked at Georgiana and smiled." I will get them with a stinging charm in one hit!" He said, sticking his tongue out to her playfully. Knowing now that Georgiana wanted to be his friend, Jake couldn't stop smiling. His first friend at Hogwarts was sweet, funny and a Gryffindor.

Georgiana wondered what had happened to make him lose all his papers in the first place not having seen his fall. He seemed embarassed enough without her asking so she didn't. "Hey, look on the bright side, you got them all back, right?" She asked hoping he did or else she'd have to find another bright side but she was sure that would be easy she could just say he has a new friend out of the whole ordeal.

Georgiana smiled at him glad she could make another person in the castle happy, even if he kept looking at the ground from embarassment. "You should hang out with the rest of my friends sometime! Everyone is really nice, plus you owe me so think of hanging out my friends as you repaying me," she stated with a bright smile. She really hoped he would join her friends in a get together. Georgiana always felt lonely during them seeing her friends having closer relationships with other students considering she spent her time practiving her guitar or procastinating till the last minute to finish her homework, she never left much time to talk with her friends.

Listening to the cheerful tone of Georgiana's voice, Jake felt the small stack of books he was clutching in his thin arms were getting heavier as every minute passed. He wasn't the strongest person. It seemed he had no muscles at all, it's not that anybody his age was expected to have them. He had always been insecure about how underweight he was, or how underweight he thought he was. He was quietly hoping Georgiana didn't notice it, or any of his other flaws. He wanted to be the perfect friend to her, and anybody who she would introduce him to. He hadn't had any proper friends since he lived in London. He didn't want to ruin this new friendship by saying or doing something stupid. "Yeah i did get them all back. That was pretty lucky, i was lucky that you found the last one." He said with a smile. "Im glad you were the one that gave me the page." He said with a subtle smile, his honesty was getting the best of him again. He didn't mind. An honest friend is a good friend. He thought to himself, he hoped his honesty would please Georgiana.

When he saw Georgiana smile at him, he smiled back. She made him want to smile, even when she didn't smile first. He knew a friend like her would bring out the good things about him, if there were any good things. She hadn't seen him at his worst just yet. They hadn't known each other long though, just this conversation now and the conversation they had after she saved his life back in London. He panicked. Im reading too much into things again. Dammit. He said in the back of his mind. He felt his cheeks flare up again. Since he moved to New Zealand, everybody that could've been a friend was trying to use him. He didn't think Georgiana was that kind of person because she was in Gryffindor, he hoped she wasn't that kind of person. He didn't want to get his hopes up and be betrayed again. "You should hang out with the rest of my friends sometime! Everyone is really nice, plus you owe me so think of hanging out my friends as you repaying me." He heard Georgiana say, she didn't seem at all like she was going to betray him. "I would love to hang out with you and your friends, its sounds like fun. " He said cheerfully. He decided that he didn't care anymore, Georgiana was nice and he didn't want to lose the opportunity of being her friend. He smiled at her; glad she wanted to talk to him.

Georgiana was glad he got all his papers back though she was still curious what they were. "Well I'm glad I was the one who found it too," she stated with a smile. She looked around and noticed how empty the hallway really was, they must have been standing there wuite sometime. Her bag was begining to cut into her shoulder so she moved it to the other one. Jake seemed like a very nice friend to have, even if he was sorted into Slytherin, which was somehting she didn't understand why. "Jake, why do you think you're sorted into Slytherin? I mean I believe I'm a Gryffindor because in the past during times of trouble I've always been brave through it, and I guess I just can't see any real Slytherin in you," she asked hoping that he wouldn't be angered by her question.

Georgiana was glad he would met her friends, she wanted to introduce him to Shiloh, her brother even Logan. Those were her three main friends she spent her time with. Though her brother and Shiloh have seemed to be putting her on the back burner leaving her to practice her guitar or look for Logan, she didn't mind however. Thinking of Logan it was her turn to blush though she was pretty sure it was, just because he was part Veela and he was two years above them. He probably liked someone different then her anyways she was just a first year even though her brother and her were most likly the oldest in the class. "I'm glad you'll meet them. I'll have to talk with them about when they're free," she said wondering when all three of them would be free. "You can bring any friends you make by then as well," she said with her smile.

Biting his bottom lip as he listened to Georgiana ask him why he was in Slytherin. He didn't understand why he was in Slytherin either; nobody in his house was like him. They would openly talk about other students behind their backs and make fun of them to their faces, he had never done that. He wouldn't bully anybody on purpose, he had experienced bullying before and knows how horrible it is, he wouldn't wish it on anybody else. Thinking this, he ran a hand through his hair "Um, i don't know why. You really don't see any Slytherin in me?" He said as he looked into the distance. He had wondered why the hat had sorted him into his house. He always thought that the hat had made some sort of a mistake since he was nothing like anybody else in his house that he had met. Now that he had heard Georgiana question the hat's decision, he thought the hat was right, when he gets mad he isn't very nice to people, he can't really control himself when he gets angry.

Smiling, hoping Georgiana wouldn't notice his anxiety; Jake clutched his books tighter to his chest. "I don't think i will bring anybody, i can't really make friends as easily as you seem to." He said trying to sound casual as he complimented Georgiana. Hearing her suggest that he bring some friends made him feel lonely, he had no friends except Georgiana; he was too scared to talk to new people. He had always been worried they would notice one of his flaws and make a rude comment about it, or ignore him completely, so he avoided most social situations. He thought that if somebody wanted to talk to him, they would approach him instead of making him come to them. Because of this habit, Jake hadn't made any friends in Hogwarts, or New Zealand. "Are your friends nice?" He asked, hoping that Georgiana couldn't tell what he was feeling.

Georgiana shrugged her shoulders towards the boy, he most certainly didn't seem like a Slytherin, they were the type who were cocky and pig-headed. Plus she believed a Slytherin would have stayed and tried to fight someone who was chasing them thinking they could handle it. "No I don't, and you know if you ever have issues here I'm sure it's a possibility that you could transfer to another magical school, not that I want you to leave, but if your housemates are really mean to you, it's a possibility. Though you'd have to stay in contact with me of course and let me know how the school is," she said with a bright smile. Georgie didn't want him to have to leave but if it came to it she knew he would make the right decision.

Georgiana thought on the possibility of more friends for Jake. "Well I'm sure you will. You're talking to me afterall so you are stepping outside of your shy zone I'm certain it's only a while before you make some other friends," her bright smile shined towards him hoping the boy could make new friends and she was more then willing to help. "I'll owl my friends when I get back to my dorm, are you busy on Saturday afternoon?" She questioned knowing most her friends would be free then. "Of course they are, I wouldn't be friends with them if they weren't," she said with a smile.

Georgiana was nice and Jake really enjoyed talking to her, he was glad he had met somebody as nice as her. He was glad he had made at least one friend at Hogwarts, he was glad he had at least one friend at all. It was just an added bonus that Georgiana thought of him as a friend too. The last thing Jake ever wanted to do was ruin such a new friendship by transferring to another school, he understood why it was a good idea, he wouldn't be ignored by students he has to take classes with. Or at the very least he would be able to get a fresh start. He didn't want to change schools anyway, it was a little bit of a hassle even being able to enrol for Hogwarts in the first place. Trying to enrol in another magical school seemed to stressful for Jake. He was thankful that Georgiana actually cared about his wellbeing. It was refeshing and complimenting at the same time, it was nice that somebody could worry about him and want the best for him. "I don't think it would be easy moving to a new school, i am happy with staying here, even though my housemates aren't very welcoming." He said quietly, being cautious, he didn't want any other Slytherin to hear. The corridor was still empty, Jake just didn't want to take any chances.

It was flattering for Jake to hear Georgiana ask him if he was free the following Saturday to meet her friends. Nobody had done that in a while, he was excited and anxious at the same time. He wanted to make more friends, if Georgiana's friends were as nice as she was, he would be able to make more friends in no time. If they weren't as nice as her and they were going to be rude and insulting towards him, he wanted nothing to do with them. He dismissed the idea of Georgiana's friends being rude when she confirmed they were nice, she obviously would'nt be hanging around with them if they were mean people. He trusted her, she was a Gryffindor after all. "I'm never busy, i would love to meet your friends, only if they are as nice as you though" He said jokingly, poking his tongue out at her.

Georgiana smiled at Jake feeling bad for his situation. "I'm sure you'll make plenty of more friends soon enough," she said beginning to move towards the stairwell. She really wanted to get the letters written and to her friends so she could get to the owlery and back before it got very dark. Plus she was excited to have sometime when all her her friends could meet each other. Of course Shiloh and Kayden were best friends, but Logan and Jake didn't know any of her other friends. Kayden would want to invite some friends as well so she decided she would have to write him first asking him to do so.

Noticing that Georgiana was moving closer to the stairwell, Jake knew that she had to be somewhere else. He started to feel guilty, he had kept her from what she needed to do for a while. "You look like you have somewhere important to be." he said with a smile "Im sorry for holding you up so late." he knew that he had somewhere to go too. He needed to go back to his common room and wait until tomorrow, something that he usually did. He knew it was best to do the right thing and let her do whet she needed to do. "I will see you round i guess." He said as he turned around and started to walk the other way. He was glad to have made at least one friend at Hogwarts, she smiled to himself as he continued to walk away. With his small stack of books in his arms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back