OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Flexible Fir Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Charlie had decided to settle down in the student lounge for a bit, bringing along his notebooks. He had been going over previous Quidditch articles and was taking notes on ways he might improve. If he had his way, he'd just cover Quidditch games forever. He knew logically there might be times someone else claimed the articles before he could, but he still wanted to make sure that he was improving for when he did manage to get them. He was caught up in his work, several old newspapers laid out on the table in front of him as he took notes in his journal.

Ivelisse was confident she would be able to make this year better than her last, which would involve a) more friends and b) more fun. Those two seemed connected by default though and she was keen to expand her social circle as well as keep up with the few friends she had managed to make last year. She headed into the student lounge with the idea that there would likely be new people for her to meet, yet little plan about how she was actually going to approach them. Spotting a familiar face made her realize she wouldn't need to think about that just yet though, quickly heading over to the table and dropping down on one of the chairs. "Hey!" She grinned, looking down at the newspapers in front of Charlie. "Whatcha doing?"

Charlie looked up, almost startled as he heard a voice. He smiled at Ive as she sat down, glancing to the papers as she asked about them. "Studying. And taking notes. I'm reading old Quidditch articles, seeing how I could improve." He explained, smiling at her. "How are you, Ive?" He asked, curious how her break had gone.

Ivelisse nodded when Charlie told her what he was doing, turning one of the newspapers around so she could scan over the article. She was sure that one day she'd be in there, there was no doubt about it. "I reckon there'll be plenty of quidditch developments for you to write about this year." She grinned. Especially with two of the older seekers leaving things were bound to get interesting. Slythering was still going to win though, obviously. "I'm good! Just catching up with people before class starts."

Charlie smiled at her words. He was sure she was right. It was bound to be interesting this year. He personally suspected Ravenclaw might win. After all, Minnie Calida was the oldest seeker left, and arguably the most experienced. He could see them winning with that alone. He blushed a little as she said she was catching up with people. "Yeah?" He asked, giving her a small smile. "How's that going?"

Charlie smiled at her words. He was sure she was right. It was bound to be interesting this year. He personally suspected Ravenclaw might win. After all, Minnie Calida was the oldest seeker left, and arguably the most experienced. He could see them winning with that alone. He blushed a little as she said she was catching up with people. "Yeah?" He asked, giving her a small smile. "How's that going?"

Ivelisse turned the newspaper she had scanned over back around, still imagining herself in an article like that some day. She shrugged when Charlie asked how her catching up with people was going. "Pretty smooth, my social circle isn't that big yet." She laughed, acting as if that didn't bother her in the slightest. Which it did. But she was sure she'd be turning that around this year so she wasn't too annoyed by it yet. It would be fine, surely. "So how was your break? You haven't just been doing homework, right?"

Charlie wondered briefly if her social circle was bigger than his, but he didn't know how to ask so he ignored the question. He smiled as she asked how his break was. Now that was a question that he could answer. "It was... interesting. I got in a fight with my dad, he wants me to ignore that his mother is really mean to him but nice to me. I told her off and he apologized to her!" Charlie scowled. "She didn't know I could hear her, but she was being just nasty." Charlie shook his head. "I don't care who she is, she can't just treat my dad like that and expect me to be nice to her," he ranted, getting worked up again just thinking about it.

Ivelisse rested her head on her hand as she listened to Charlie talk about his break, quite surprised about seeing the boy so worked up about something. He seemed like a soft and quiet kid, so to hear him say he told off an adult made his way more interesting. "Wow, that's.. something." She nodded, still internally processing the story for a second. "You shouldn't!" Ivelisse agreed when he said he couldn't be nice to anyone who wasn't nice to his dad. "I'd definitely go off on anyone disrespecting my dad as well." She said with a little shrug, feeling like she would've done the exact same thing in that situation. Even if her dad was more than capable to stand up for himself.

Charlie was glad that Ive agreed. "Right? Like she was telling him he was a bad dad and being just really nasty, like really, how horrible of a person do you have to be to be so mean to your own kid?" Charlie scoffed, sitting back and shaking his head. "I do know I'm not going to go back to her house, like, ever again," he stated firmly, crossing his arms. "It's creepy, and smells weird, and she's always way too nice to me, like she's trying to fatten me up and eat me or something," he scowled.

Ivelisse listened on as Charlie continued talking, trying not to laugh at the last thing he said. "You sure you haven't just been reading too many fairytales or something?" She grinned, hoping he could take a little joke even if he seemed quite worked up about the entire situation. "Nah, but honestly that sucks." She added with a small shrug, not sure what else she could say about it. "Other than that, you looking forward to second year? I mean at least we're not the newbies anymore."

Charlie laughed lightly, shaking his head. "Aren't all fairytales based on truth?" he asked. He considered her question, thinking it over. "Hmm... well, it should be interesting, at least," he told her. "What about you? Are you looking forward to it?"

Ivelisse shrugged at Charlie's response. Were fairytales based on truth? Perhaps in the broad meaning of the word but she didn't think people would actually do some of the weird things that happened in fairytales in real life. Like marrying after knowing someone for a day. That was just weird. "I guess." She answered when he returned the question to her. "I mean we're older, which is nice, there's still plenty to do and being a second year means being able to tryout for quidditch. So yeah, I reckon it'll be good."

Charlie smiled at her words. "You're trying out for the team then?" He asked, curious. "What position are you going to play?" He smiled, going through the team roster in his head and trying to think of who would be graduating soon and leaving open positions.

Ivelisse nodded in response to Charlie's question. "For sure." She grinned, already excited about the simple idea of trying out and being able to show her skills. "I'm going to try out for seeker." She answered with a small shrug at his next question. She knew the team's current seeker was pretty young and all but there was no other position she consider playing, no other position she would want to play.

Charlie smiled at the girls statement, nodding. "Well, that is definitely a good position to play," he told her, thinking. "And with Blake Irons graduated, the school needs a new star seeker," He winked playfully at her. "I can't wait to write all about your rise to fame," he laughed lightly.

Ivelisse grinned at Charlie's words, glad he agreed that seeker was a good position. It was the seeker that could make or brake a game after all. "Oh, for sure." She nodded confidently. Slytherin's current seeker was.. fine. Obviously with Blake around he hadn't seen a lot of action yet and if she even made the team she was sure that would be her faith as well but she didn't care. "I'll give you plenty to write about. It might just take a little while." She laughed.

Charlie laughed lighlty. "Well, at least next year you'll probably have an advantage at least on Ravenclaw," he offered. "Minnie graduates this year, and their new seeker will probably be that new first year," He told her, smiling. He wasn't sure how she would do against Flynn. She would be interesting to watch, at least.

Ivelisse nodded when Charlie mentioned some sort of advantage over ravenclaw. She knew they had the most experienced seeker for now but their seeker would be graduating next year, which could definitely change things around. "That'll be good." She said with a small shrug. "I just hope I don't have to wait like four years to actually get to play." She added with a small chuckle. She wouldn't wish for Ruben to be knocked out during a match and knew what she had signed up for as an alternate while he still had a few years to go as well, but that didn't mean she wouldn't secretely hope she'd get to play a little sooner than that.

Charlie nodded, understanding that feeling. "Well, the other beaters can be pretty good. I'm sure you'll play," he smiled. "I'll be at every game," he promised, winking playfully. "To be fair, though, as a reporter I must stay neutral," he held up one hand, crossing his heart with the other. "The best stories are the most truthful," He laughed lightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back