We can keep chilling like ice cream filling

Dylan Fields

Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Dylan seemed to have a mound of Homework which was growing at an alarming rate. Instead of spending the afternoon in the Hufflepuff Common Room, submerged in essays, Dylan came and sat down beside the lake and enjoy the weather. Although he had brought a text book along with him but really he knew he wouldn’t be reading it. The weather was far too nice for any studying to be going on!

Dylan through his text book to one side and lay back on the grass. The sun didn't last long though, when something or someone cast a shadow over him, blocking his sunlight "Er, sorry can you just move to the left a little bit. Your blocking the sun!"

The sun was bright in the sky, and Barbara was doing what she would always be found doing wether the weather was nice or not, kicking a football about. She had been on the lawn, dribbling around trees, but she had eventually found herself at the Lakefront, and was now doing keepy-up's! She had just managed to beat her record of 54 keepy-up's non stop, when she heard someone ask her to move as she was blocking the sun. Looking around, her ball fell and went rolling away from her. She laughed nervously as she scurried to pick it up. "I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was here" the young Gryffindor apologised, her cheeks blushing pink as she smiled brightly at the boy whos sun she had been blocking. "I'm Barbara, Barbara Grant" she told him, her chocolate brown eyes sparkling.

"Yeah its alrite" Dylan said, sitting up and looking at the girl who just introduced herself as Barbara. "I'm Dylan Fields, nice to meet you" Dylan's eyes drifted to the ball the girl had been playing with. "What's that?" It was too big to be a bludger and not angular enough to be a quaffle.

Hoshi was in ripped up black stalkings and a baggy-ish black top today as she didn't feel like going full tilt goth. She was humming 'Frankenhooker' to herself as she walked by the lake. "It's a football am I right?" She said as she walked up to them with her hands behind her head in a way that her elbows where high up over her. She smiled wide at both of them. "Hoshi Koshiba. Who are you two?" She asked. One of the people she had walked up to seemed like a first year while the other seemed a bit older. A second year most likely but she had never seen him in any of her classes.

Barbara smiled brightly before her eyes widened as the boy who introduced himself as Dylan, asked what her football was. "It's a.." she began, before someone else finished her sentence for her. "It sure is" she said with a grin, looking round to see a gothic looking girl join the two of them. The girl soon told them she was Hoshi, Hoshi Koshiba. "I'm Barbara, Barbara Grant".

Before Barbara could answer, his question was answered by someone else. Dylan's eyes adverted to the girl who had joined the two of them. "Ah okay" Dylan nodded, as if he knew what a football was. But of course, being a pureblood, he didn't have a clue. He looked at the strange ball and then back at Hoshi. Hoshi, hmm what an interesting name! "I'm Dylan Fields," Barbara too introduced herself. Great now everyone knew everyone.

Silence..

"Hold on, so what's a football?"

Hoshi laughed slightly. "It's like what the Chasers do with the Quaffle but on the ground from what I've seen the point is to knock each other down. Great fun though." She said laughing. She bent down and put her hand under Dylan's chin as if to study him, her long blue hair fell to one side like a curtan. "Your cute." She said with a wide smile then backed away. The turned to Barbara then and smiled again. "So do you play well or is do you play like I said because I'm sure that I got it wrong somewhere." She said shaking her head. She knew many Muggle spots even though she grew up with a Pureblood family. Her father's side of the family to be exact.

Barbara laughed at Hoshi's view of the game, but decided to stay silent for the moment and watch as Hoshi studied Dylan's face and told him he was cute! Barbara bit her lip in the way she always did when she was thinking. She had never really thought of boys in that way. "Well I've been playing for as long as I can remember, and I'm captain of my under's team back home" she answered Hoshi brightly, before she realised something and her face dropped. "Well... was captain" she added with a sigh, the only down side to coming to Hogwarts was leaving Football behind, although she'd played it every day since she'd got there!

Dylan was speachless. Hoshi caught him completely off guard. One minute the three of them had been talking about football, then she called him cute. What did cute mean anyway, cute like a bunny rabbit or cute as in Hoshi likes him? "Er thanks," Dylan had never been called cute by a girl before! He smiled back at the girl before she moved away.

Then it confused Dylan even more how the conversation suddenly flicked back to football. Did he just dream what just happened? "Captain, wow you must be good" Dylan looked at the ball, it looked so interesting. "So do you just kick it?"

Hoshi put finger to her lip thinking. "From what I played, which was not a lot as other sports, you carry it like you would the Quaffle and try to get it to the goal." She said looking up. "You must have been good. Don't worry there's a Muggle Sports Club in this school so I'm sure there are others that you can make a Football team with. If not I'll play with you. The stalkings already have the holes in them after all." She said with that last part being a joke. She knew she had just really confused Daylan. Though she was debating with herself if she should throw another hint out there or just keep it like this and let the boy wonder for a bit. Hoshi desided to throw out an intrested sort of glance before turing back to Barbara and holding out her hands. "I could try and get some of my friends to play if you want." She said. Football really was a fun game even though she tended to get a little too violent with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back