Watching the sun reflect off the shimmering water;

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
(Crappy title haha)

Ellie headed out of the castle and down to the Lake, a bounce in her step. The sun was bright and Ellie liked the warmth on her cheeks. She was meeting Zazuka down there, she had sent her an owl earlier that day telling her that she was now Spattergroit free and back at Hogwarts. She couldn't wait to see her again! Humming under her breath, Ellie slid down on the grass at the side of the lake, it itching her bare legs. She was wearing a pair of demin shorts, a yellow t-shirt, grey cardigan and a pair of yellow converse. She had wanted to match the weather! As a small brown bird appeared at her feet Ellie smiled and twirled her finger around a long strand of grass before pulling it out. "Hello little birdy" Ellie said in a joke baby voice, twirling the grass above the birds head, expecting it to fly off. It didn't, it stood there, bobbing about, looking at the grass above it's head and trying to catch it. "Aww, you're a cute little guy" Ellie said with a grin.

Zazuka reseved the owl as she was making her way back from Potions. It was Ellie. She had missed Els over the last semesters but it seemed that after the first year everyone lost touch with each other. Goodness knew what Harri was up to and Andy had only just come down from her dorm room. Zazuka hoped that Andy didn't close in on herself again.

Zazuka walked over to where Ellie was sitting, smiling wide. It seemed that she had lost her usual sunshine smile on a count of the feeling that she had been getting lately. She was hoping she got it back soon. The epsode was getting on her nerves. "It seemes like that bird likes you." Zazuka said with the brightest smile she could manage on her face.

Ellie was tickling the birds tiny belly with her pinky, suprised it was letting her, when she heard a familar voice behind her. "Zuka" Ellie squeled, Jumping up and flinging her arms around her friend, hugging her. "I've missed youuu!" she told her. "How've you been? has much been happening?" she asked with a wide grin, her eyes sparkling.

Zazuka huged Ellie back. "Well nothing much I'm going out with Andrew Bruke if you haven't already heard from others." She said. Her sunshine smile came back when she mantioned Andrew. She loved the boy so much but something was telling her that things where about to get a little compliated between them. "How have you been I've missed you too." She said letting go of Els and looking up and down at her.

Ellie's eyes and grin widened as she heard Zazuka's news. "Aww, Zuka that's great!" she told her, imagining Zazuka and Andrew. Cute, Ellie thought as Zazuka let go of her and looked at her up and down. "I've been good! The Spattergroit cleared up just before christmas, and now I'm back here, so I'm great!" She answered Zuka with another of her wide grins.

Zazuka frowned abit. "You got hit by it again. Glad your feeling better though. Have you seen Harri yet?" She asked wondering if Harri knew where her best friend was. Zazuka reached into her bag and found what she was looking for. "This is a one of my latest faeries that I've been working on. You could say I'm obesses with Animation spells." She said as the tiny thing walked across her hand. "Call it a welcome back preasent." She said laughing a little.

"Yes" Ellie said with a sigh, "I guess it wasn't properly cleared up the first time!" she said, telling Zuka what her Dad had told her. "Yehp! I seen Harri earlier in the Gryffindor common room, I've no idear were she is now" she answered her with a wide grin, she had been exstatic when she'd seen her best friend agin and she was sure she'd find Harri soon, if Harri didn't find her! She was so glad she was back at Hogwarts, she had missed the place, but most of all her friends, big time. Ellie watched as Zazuka reached into her bag and pulled out.. a live fairy? Then told her it was her welcome back present! "Oh my gosh, Zuka, Thank you!" Ellie squeled, hugging her friend and grinning like an idiot as she watched the tiny fairy walk across Zazuka's hand.

Zazuka smiled and made it flutter onto Ellie's hand. "It's a doll, no more that an inch tall like a real faerie. I make them all the time so I can make them look pretty real." She said hugging Ellie back but being carful of the tiny thing. "This one can fly and sing. I don't know if I gave it the ablity to play in instrament but you can find that out." She said laughing a bit. "I'm sure Harri will turn up in someplace or another." She said taking a seat on the grass now. She was sure that Ellie had so much to tell her after the holiday.

Ellie grinned as the small, very real looking Fairy flew on to her hand. "It can sing? Wow! You're really good at these Zuka" Ellie told Zazuka, admiring the pretty little thing as it walked along her palm. She was already planning shrinking her guitar to see if the Fairy could play it in her head, as she sat down on the grass beside Zazuka. "What should I call her? any idears" Ellie asked, racking her brain for a fairy sounding name as her new fairy friend fluttered around at her shoulder.

Zazuka looked at the faerie that she had give Ellie. She had dressed her in green an white. She had been planing on making her clothes interchaingable but it was hard to make clothes only about half an inch big and she hadn't mastered shrinking spells yet. "How about Jade. I haven't name one of my dolls that yet and it seems to sute her." She said with a soft smile. Zazuka, though she would never show it, was proud of how well she could do animation spells really well.

"Jade it is" Ellie said with a wide grin. The name did suit the tiny little fairy in her green and yellow clothes, Ellie couldn't take her eyes off her! It was as if there was a glow around her which made her look ever prettier. She was perfect! "She's amazing! You're amazing too! Are animation spells hard? I never got to do them. Do you think we'll be doing them again this term? I'd love to be able to animate things, although I know I'll never be anywere near as good as you. It's hard to believe Jade's really a fairy doll!".

Zazuka laughed and shook her head. "I practice a lot and I'm not all that good at all spells. The basic Animation spell all you have to do is think about the personality that you want the thing to have then poke the objet in the very middle they say Animare while pointing at the object. I've just taken it a few steps farther. Same can be said with the spell that turns books in her jewery boxes. Kailey my room mate can make amazing boxes while all I can make is plastic space savers." She said with a soft sigh. Zazuka was getting better at it but really her's where pathetic compared to Kailey's

Ellie laughed, "Even with that much practice I would be no good". "Oh yeah, I remember doing that in Charms, second year!" she said, after hearing Zuka recite the spell. "Well, at least you have somewere to keep all your bits and bobs!" Ellie added, thinking it couldn't be too bad to have a little extra storage.

Zazuka shook her head. "And I'm sure you wouldn't be so let's just say that we are both right." She said watching the faerie. Zazuka thought it was one of the best she had made considering that she had made quite a few. She remembered the full band she made out of the dolls in her room. "At least. Still it would be good to make a box full of other compartments and stuff like that." She said laughing into her head. Things had been feeling so heavy lately she was happy just to relax with a friend.

( Sorry it took me so long to reply, I completely forgot :( )

Ellie laughed, "Yeh I guess it would!" she said. "Can you make jewlerry boxes, with like singing revolving dolls inside them using magic?" she asked, remembering the one her mum had, which had an elegant lady signing Waltzing Matilda inside. She used to play it for Ellie to get her to sleep at night, when she was younger, and her dad had given her it after her mum died. Although she had left it in her room at home, so she'd have no chance of loosing it at Hogwarts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back