Ward Check

Corinne Kolpeck

OOC First Name
Lin
Wand
12 1/4" Bloodwood/ Cocobolo wood mix with hair of unicorn core
The day was glorious outside, it was still hard for Corinne to believe it was December. So used to the biting cold that would have been the norm back in merry old England. She tied her matrons robe around her checking that the St. Mungo's pin was firmly in place. Her time piece strapped to the inner pocket of the robe had already informed her that it was time for rounds. The few pregnant women that were in had already been seen to, now it was the hopeless cases with ridiculous magical ailments.

Her father would probably join her soon enough on the rounds but she would have preferred one of the other hospital staff. They seemed in awe and fear of both of them that they went to great pains to stay away from them as often as it was possible to do so. Picking up a file she glanced through it as the doors burst open, looking up she wondered what it would be this time.

Bella pushed her way through the doors as if the hounds of hell were at her heels. She didn't want to be late for her first appointment, terrified of what to expect. Looking about her as she finally stood in the entrance hall Bella glanced to her left as her best friend entered with her.
"Am I late? tell me I'm not late please?" all day she had been having visions of them doing ghastly things to her and the baby but now that she was here, she felt utterly stupid for even entertaining such ludicrous thoughts. Her hand went instantly to her stomach touching the flatness that belied what lay beneath.

"I swear if that lunch repeats on me now I will scream" she muttered as she spotted a woman that seemed to have the presence of someone in charge, "Come one then".
She grabbed her best friend by the hand and walked over.

Watching as her best friend entered the ghastly looking front window of the condemned looking building Sakura sighed. She hated hospitals, had spent enough time in every school hospital wing for various quidditch injuries but this was different. Surely she wouldn't have to see any blood or anything, just cute baby pictures and stuff. Looking about her as she came to stand along side Bella, she inhaled deeply and regretted it immediately as the awful hospital smell assailed her nostrils.

'Please don't let me faint' she whispered as Bella asked her in rather alarming tones if they were late. Looking at her watch she shook her head.
"No, we've got time to spare" she told her, wondering what she would be doing if she had chosen to go back to Bulgaria and not stay here with her friend. The thought didn't stay long, there was no way she would leave her in the lurch, if ever Bella needed her it was now. Of course her alchemist Master Jarousek Radomira had been none too pleased with her decision and had promptly cut her off from ever returning to take up her apprenticeship with him. Disgruntled no end she had begun applying to various positions, knowing that Radomira would not even give her a reference now.

Bella spoke again, Sakura shook herself out of her reverie and smiled at her. Feeling her hand being pulled she allowed herself to be frog marched over to a woman who was dressed in healers garb.

Corinne smiled at the two young women that entered, one looking hurried and flushed the other merely distracted. It wasn't long before they were approaching her, sending the file she had been perusing back to the desk she turned to greet them.

"Hello, do you have an appointment or is it an emergency?" she asked them, not sure which of these women were in need of medical assistance. Perhaps they were here to visit, a slight frown creased her brow. It really was typical of her that she would jump to conclusions.

Her expectant gaze wavered between them both.

Sakura smiled releasing her hand from the powerful grip of Bella's.
"She has an appointment actually" nudging her head in Bella's direction, her gaze also dropped to her friends stomach, "The maternity wards I guess. It's her first baby appointment".

Suddenly and unexpectantly she began to laugh, huge hearty chuckles escaped her at the absurdity of the situation that the best friends had found themselves in. Once upon a time, not so very long ago they had mapped their lives out and she was certain that one being unemployed while the other was going to be a single mother had most certainly never ventured into any of those plans. She quickly shut up and clamped a hand over her mouth, letting Isabella speak for herself.

Bella smiled wanly as Sakura actually spoke for her then promptly clamped a hand over her mouth, chuckling before she placed a hand over her stomach she smiled at the woman.
"I have an appointment with the midwife here, Dr. Corinne Kolpeck? Do you know which floor I should be heading too?" suddenly direly aware that she was also in need of the bathroom yet again, Bella sighed. Her body seemed to be functioning completely on its own without any desire to involve her, as if her body had been abducted and she was merely trapped in there somewhere watching and feeling as the strange happenings within it occured.

"I just need to use the rest room again, any idea where that is as well?" this was so embarressing but the lady seemed nice enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back