Wandering

Sebastian Rossi

Wand
Straight 14" Rigid Aspen Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
While his grandmother stepped into Magical Menagerie, Sebastian decided to take a walk around Obsidian Harbor. He had never been in a real, wizarding community and seeing everyone walking around with their wands visible and brooms in their hands was exciting. Near Salem, they had a few shops that catered specifically to wizards, but nothing like this. He saw people apparating into the Harbor, and watched in awe, excited at the prospect of being able to do that himself in a couple of year's time.

He pulled up the collar of his jacket and placed his hands in his pocket, touching his new wand, as he walked slowly up the harbor. The boy watched as a group of kids around his age walked past him quickly and entered the Quidditch store up ahead, loudly talking about quidditch the entire way.

Jaidyn bounced happily down the street. She loved the new outfit she just bought. Her pink leopard leather hoodie looked great with her black mini skirt and matching pink stripped tights. Generally that was too much pink for her tastes but it worked. She smiled down the street. She was finally getting used to the streets here. It wasn't as beautiful as France, but it would do.

She saw a man in front of her. 'Hmmm. I wonder who he is.' She thought to herself. Walking up to him she flashed him a sweet smile. "Hey, My name is Jaidyn. How are you doin'?"

Sebastian stopped as a girl walked up to him. She had blue streaks in her hair and was just rather nicely. As the girl introduced herself, he looked at her for a second before answering. "My name's Sebastian" he said in his Boston accent as he returned her smile.

He knew he couldn't leave it at that, so he thought of something else to say. "Umm...you from around here?" he asked with his hands still deep in his pockets.

Jaidyn smiled. "Kinda sorta." She folded her arms in front of here and kind of rocked from side to side as if dancing to music. "I'm waiting for beauxbatons to start up." She pulled her hand though her hair and smiled up at him. She was used to being short though, so it didn't bother her. "How 'bout you?"

Sebastian smirked as the girl began moving side to side. She was a little quirky, but he found it amusing. She reminded him of a friend of his from back home. "I'm transferring to Beauxbatons for the new term" he said easily as he looked down at the girl. He didn't feel like going into the whole story of his transfer and moving with his grandmother to France, especially not with someone he had just met.

"What year are you in?" he asked.

She smiled. Maybe he might make a good friend. She loved meeting new people, especially when they found out she was a twin. Though she usually didn't tell them, It was funnier if they just found out on their own. "Thats great. I'm going into my sixth year now."

"Yea?" he said, a little surprised when Jaidyn said she was a sixth year. She looked younger than that. "I'm going into my fifth...OWLs" he said with a frown. He knew that this year was going to be a lot of work, and not knowing how the school worked would definitely make it harder.

"So, how are the people at Beauxbatons?" he asked as he removed one of his hands from his pocket and brushed it through his blond hair. He hoped that the people there would be cool because it would definitely suck if the people were snobby or arrogant or anything else.

Jaidyn smile weakened slightly when he said he was younger than her, but she recovered quickly. "They are nice, though all be it, a bit self-centered." She laughed lightly, it was a musical laugh that most guys she knew liked. "And don't worry about your OWLS. They aren't as nasty as everyone says. My sister and I both scored rather high. If we can do it, I'm sure you can."

He nodded and rolled his eyes slightly as she described the students of Beauxbatons and smirked as she said they were sometimes self-centered. It sounded like the year would be interesting to say the least. When she laughed though, Sebastian couldn't help but let out a little chuckle himself. Her laugh was enchanting. "I hope so. Some people at my old school said that they were killer, but then again, some of those people were never known for their studying" he said jokingly, though he was still a little worried.

Sebastian looked over Jaidyn's head and saw his grandmother come out of the store she had been in and give him a wave before entering another store. He raised his hand in greeting and then let it drop. "My grandmother..." he said in explanation, since he knew she would probably wonder who he had been waving at.

Jaidyn nodded when he said who he was waving to. "Is she who you are here with?" Jaidyn didn't know many people who lived with their grand parents. Even so, Her sister and herself lived with thier foster parents so, they were pretty weird too.

He nodded. "Yea, I just moved in with her about a week ago. She wanted to show me the shops here, so we decided to come for a little vacation..." he frowned, realizing how lame it all probably sounded to the girl in front of him. "How about you? It's a long way from France."

She thought it was so sweet. Not many people still cared about their elders. Smiling she rocked back on her heals. "My sister and I are hear with my 'mother'." Jaidyn held up quotes around mother and then shrugged. "If you want to call her that." Both of the twins hated their foster mother.

Sebastian's eyebrows raised as he saw Jaidyn use air quotes to describe her mother. "I'm gathering you guys don't get along all that well?" He certainly knew all about that because of Joel, his guardian's husband.

She smiled and shook her head. "Never. She is just awful." She chuckled and held her hand up to her lips. "I suppose I should be greatful though. She did take my sister and I in."

Sebastian nodded. "Yea, sometimes you just have to deal with it until you're in a better situation" he said knowingly.

Just then, Sebastian caught sight of his grandmother again. She gestured for him that it was time for them to go. "Well, my grandmother is calling for me." he began to walk toward his grandmother. Turning around, he walked backward a step and added, "I'll see you around school, Jaidyn." With a smile, he turned around and reached his grandmother. She began to talk to him. As he listened to her, he took one last look at the girl he had just met before the pair apparated out of New Zealand.

Jaidyn smiled and waved. "Yup! See ya around!" she spun off, looking for where her sister had gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back