Walking around

Greg Fevrier

Greg walked slowly in the dungeons. His steps echoed softly against the old stones of the wall and ceiling. Yet he wasn't afraid. It was Slytherin territory after all and no Lion would dare and face his own shadow... He wasn't even going to talk about the meek Hufflepuffs or the narrow minded and book oriented eagles. Those were ruled out by definition.
Finding an empty and dusty classroom, Greg stepped in it. Taking his wand out, he waved it without a un-necessary flourish and cleaned the place, making sure that every single step he had taken toward this particular place was erased on a wide perimeter. It wouldn't do for an univited guest to stumbble on him and his 'acquaintance'.

Professor Kuvari had entered the dungeons on his routine patrol, making sure no one was up to any trouble. As he looked around the hallway his interest was piqued by the unusual cleanliness of the floor down the middle so he decided to take a look around.

Pulling out his wand he thought of the spell he was going to cast, Homenum Revelio. He looked around and decided to follow the path cut through the dust down the hallway. It wasn't long before he noticed the a person revealed to him in an otherwise empty classroom.

After a second of standing outside the room he decided to enter. "Not causing any trouble in here, are we?" he asked the boy, looking at him ready to decipher whether he was lying or not with his answer.

Greg looked up, startled at the appearance of a teacher. Luckily he was clean; nothing to accuse him of anything or point to a potential mischief planned. Not that it ever stopped people when it came to Slytherins, but...
"No sir. I am not." he answered simply. If the teacher wanted to know more, he would have to ask. After all, as a First Year, he didn't have much power, so better to take the small victories we you can...

Professor Kuvari surveyed the boy. "Its getting late" he said, looking down at his watch. "Perhaps you should get back to your common room."

Greg nodded to the teacher.
"You are right. I shall ensure to be back before curfew time." Greg answered.
Like he was going to leave now! He'd be ready to stay outside, just to see how far he could push the Care of Magical Creatures Professor.

"Good" Professor Kuvari stated. "I shall walk you back to your Common Room right now, then" he said. "Wouldn't want anything to happen under my watch."

Greg nodded calmly as he got up.
"No,we would not. However I was not aware to be under your surveillance. I was under the impression it was Professor Manteia's."

"Yes, he is your head of house" Professor Kuvari said. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if any of you kids were to get injured down here in the dungeons while I'm on patrol" he explained further, leading the boy towards the Slytherin Common room.

"Of course" Greg said as he followed the Professor. "I do undertand your position."
After a minute of silence he asked "By the way professor, as Professor of Care of Magical Creatures, could you explain to me the difference between a Nundu and a Hyena?"

"Well, given the fact that a Nundu looks similar to that of a Leopard I don't believe you'd have a problem distinguishing the two apart" Professor Kuvari chuckled. "However, should you come across a Nundu alone you're probably already dead. It is considered one of the most dangerous magical creatures, afterall, and why shouldn't it be? Its breath alone can take out entire villages."

"True' Gregacknowledged. "But I am more interrested in their different abilities. For example, I know that a groupe of hyenas can killed a rhyno and that a Nundu can kill with its breath, but I would not think that I could survive an attack from a hyena."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back