Waiting

Abigail Lurken-Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Spanish Cedar 14" Core of Werewolf fur and Phoenix feather.
Classes had not yet begun so Abigail was free to do as she pleased and as it was summer she would have been spending her time outside but it was raining and she really did not wish to be outside in the rain, ruining her make up and hair. So after changing into a simple yet cute outfit she left her dorm room and walked with her black pumps clicking with each step until she entered the library where the carpet muffled her steps.

She had no intention of studying, in fact she was hoping to find a friend there, a special friend she had written to early in the morning to see if he had wanted to see her. During the summer vacation she had, admittedly wished she had seen Luciano but being with her family had been more then worth it, she just hated that when she had met her uncle he ad been so preoccupied with Noelle's pregnancy and didn't get a chance to have an actual conversation with her.

Since she had returned to school she had been getting a lot more attention, mainly because of her change in appearance but also the new aura she had set for herself, one that she had lost in the summer between first and second year.

Waiting for Luciano Rossi, Abigail, walked towards one of the tables at the front and took out a book that had been slipped under her arms and while she waited she opened it and read, but because of her thoughts of Luciano she had to reread each line more then three times, which was becoming a little frustrating for the girl.

Luciano sat on his bed, re-reading the note that had been delivered to him that morning. Abbey wanted to meet him. He wasn't sure how to react. He knew he definetly wanted to see her, after they had seen each other at the Yule Ball last term, but another part of him didn't want to get too close. Luciano had told himself not to get attachted to anyone, or care about anything. He was just here to get away from his dad.

Crumpling the note up and shoving it in his pocket, Luciano stood up, and crossed to the door. He knew he shouldn't go, but he couldn't help it. Abbey had been the only light in his otherwise dull, grey daily routine here. He walked slowly up to the Library from the dungeons, taking his time as he entered the quiet room. He registered somewhere in the back of his mind that he hadn't been to Library here yet. Wandering purposefully slowly around the tables, he spotted Abbey sitting by herself, obviously waiting for him.

As he drew nearer, Luciano noticed she'd changed alot over the holidays. His eyes flicked over her form as he silently took a seat opposite her. He said nothing, looking a her with a half smile, waiting for her to speak.

Feeling a pair of orbs scanning over her, Abigail smirked, assuming that this person was Luciano. As he sat down and didn't speak, she flicked her byzantine eyes up at him before looking back at her book. Playfully she tapped his foot lightly with hers but poke nothing and kept her gaze away from him.

She refused to be the first to speak, she had after all invited him to see her. She leant in, placing her elbows on the table and continued reading. She chewed down on her bottom lip alluringly, hoping that her flirtatious actions would do something to him. She honestly didn't know why she was acting this way, whether it was to get her kicks or because she did like him but something about him made her act this way. Around Luciano she wasn't as hostile and it was apparent that they made each other feel something for one another.

Unable to keep her gaze from her fellow Slytherin, Abigail flicked her violet eyes up to his brown eyes. Her heart rate quickly accelerated and she had to look away from keep colour rising to her cheeks.

Luciano didn't even flinch when he felt her foot on his. He knew where this was going. Two can play at this game... he thought, smirking and leaning back in his seat, arms folded. He watched her, keeping his eyes purposefully devoid of emotion. His eyes narrowed a bit when she looked up at him, only to blush and look away. I just need to wait one more minute before...

"So." he said. He had played this game many times. Keep them waiting, then talk, and give nothing away. "You wanted to see me?" he said, in a bored voice, watching for her reaction.

Abigail looked up at Luciano ask he spoke, her mind sung 'finally' but her expression was hard as she watched him. She couldn't help but be very bemused at his reaction, every other person that had seen her had either been starring at her or glaring at her for taking attention from themselves (they had been girls). "Don't act like you didn't want to see me," she said, adding after, "Luciano." Her voice spoke his name with a sultry glow to her words, wishing to entice the boy, as she had been for quite some time now.

He seemed to go unaffected by the way she spoke his name every time or her flirtatious actions and it frustrated her but she didn't show that to him, well her face didn't but her unruly amethyst eyes did, well to those that could read her clearly enough.

Luciano knew that he was frustrating her, and it amused him. Truthfully, he wanted to give in to her flirting, but this game was far too much fun for him. "Abbey" he said, his mono-syllabic tone the absolute opposite of hers. "How have you been?" he asked in a polite but un-interested voice. I haven't had this much fun in ages he thought, unable to keep the smirk off his face. He looked down at his hands, fiddling absentmindedly with the note she'd sent him that morning.

Abigail couldn't help but feel offended as Luciano seemed bored in her, no one else was bored with her, not now, not ever but she kept that under lid. "I've been fine. How are you?" she asked with a shrug, trying not to show how displeased she was that Luciano was not giving into her attempts at flirtation. "Did you go home over vacation?" Abigail asked, a little bit curiously but she, like he, tried to keep her voice aloof.

"Fine I suppose" Luciano said in an off-hand way "Nothing special" he added, managing to keep the smirk off his face. He hoped that that comment would really get to her. "Home" he said, smiling humourlessly. Sighing he looked away. Now was not the time to tell her his life story. "No, I stayed here" he finished. "And you? Did you go home?" he asked. Luciano realised that he didn't know where 'home' was for Abbey. He looked directly at her across the table, keeping the same, un-interested look.

Abigail felt her infuriation build up more and more with every aloof word Luciano spoke. She stood up and put her hands on her hips as she seethed, "Fine, act like a smug idiot." The colour in her eyes darkened dangerously to a byzantine purple, it was a colour that Luciano had never seen in her eyes but one that she knew was particularly frightening. Her anger was that of her Death Eater parents and right now that was showing clearly.

The girl turned at her heels, forgetting her book on the table as she walked towards another book shelf. Abigail would let Luciano come fine her if he wanted to because at that moment her feelings and pride were both sore, making her not want to be around him any longer.

Luciano was a little taken aback when her eyes changed colour. He had to admit, her fury was beautiful. Sighing, he rested his head to the side, watching her walk away from him. She obviously didn't want to play that game he thought, smirking alittle. Pushing his chair back and standing up, he moved silently through the shelves to find her. Once he had found her, he moved so that he was standing beside her, and leaned casually against the bookcase.

"I am very sorry for being a smug idiot" Luciano said, not being able to keep a small smile from crossing his face.

Abigail kept her eyes on the books as Luciano stood beside her, watching her. As he spoke, the amethyst colour slowly returning into the hues of her eyes. She tried hard to keep the smile off of her face as she kept looking through the books, sliding her hand along the spines until it was cut off by her crushes' chest. She looked at him and said with almost a playful tune to her voice, "You're blocking 'ASI', could you please move." She smirked as her tone became almost icy and looked into Luciano's brown eyes with anticipation. Secretly, she wanted him to hug her and just talk to her. But she would continue to flirt wildly like she only wanted to kiss him and not learn anything about him or his likes.

Luciano watched her move her hand along the shelf until she reached him. He had to work hard not to smirk. Raising one eyebrow, he moved a step back "I'm very sorry" he said smoothly in his most polite voice. He badly wanted to give into the temptation to kiss her, or touch her or something. He knew this would be much more fun in the long-run though.
"And which book do you need so badly from that section?" he asked, his English accent prominent in every syllable.

The familiar accent Luciano had made her sigh softly, momentarily forgetting about his question but as she met his gaze she responded with a chide remark, "Take a wild guess Luciano." She smiled up at him and then said, "A book." She grabbed the book she had been looking for and held it up, front cover first to show him the book she had been looking for before leaning back against the book case.

Luciano cocked his head to one side "So I'm Luciano agin now? I suppose you forgot all about Lucy then" he said, his eyes locked on hers, and a small smile on his face. He glanced at the book she held up, but didn't take note of the title. It wasn't important to him right now. Rolling his eyes, he said "Well now, I knew that, but I find it funny that the book you wanted happened to be right where I stood"
He leant against the wall again, like her. He noticed for the first time that they were about the same height, maybe a centimeter's difference.

Abigail rolled her amethyst coloured eyes at Luciano and responded, "Too feminine for my liking." Her cheeks heated up and became flushed at the cheeks and ears in embarrassment although she wasn't too sure why she was blushing like she was. She hugged the book to her chest as she listened to him speak, admiring his gentle features. While most girls would find that he was awkward and gangly she just saw him as adorable. The messy hair he had made her smile, it was nice to know that this time someone she liked didn't care as much about their appearance as she did.

"Luciano," Abigail began finding pleasure in speaking his name. "I have a Christmas present I have yet to give to you. Maybe later I could.. um drop by your dorm and give it to you or something," she said shyly, hoping that he didn't point out that she had been thinking about him over summer break and had gotten him a present.

Luciano smiled "I'm glad" he said. Though he hadn't minded her nickname for him, it had been a little too feminine for his liking. He was glad, however, that she didn't seem to mind him calling her Abbey. Luciano thought she suited it much more than Abigail. He listened to her next comment, glancing around at the surrounding shelves, trying very hard not to feel embarrased. She had got him a present, and he hadn't even thought to get her one. He had been thinking about her alot over the holidays though.

"Sure" he said. He would look forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back