Waiting for Bruin

A

Anonymous

Emily sat alone at the lakefront on a blanket , waiting from her house mate Bruin to show up. She had dressed in nice clothes, hoping to make a good impression and hopefully a friend! She had brought a book in case he was late, so she started reading in the cool shade.

Bruin hurried across the grounds hoping that he hadn't kept Emily waiting too long. It was nice of her to invite him down to the lakefront, particularly as they hadn't really gotten to know each other that well yet. Bruin only hoped that his visit to the lakefront today didn't end up costing his house any points, thinking back to how messed up everything became yesterday.

He spotted Emily sitting on a blanket in a nice spot overlooking the lake...a blanket, what a great idea he thought to himself, making a mental note to come better prepared next time and hoping that she wouldn't mind sharing hers today.

"Hey Emily! Hope you haven't been waiting long...", Bruin looked out over the water for a moment and then sat down on the blanket across from her... "This is a great spot! So, what are you reading??"

"Oh, hi!" Emily said, looking up from her book to see that Bruin had arrived. "It's actually a muggle book, East of Eden. It's pretty good so far. How are you? Would you like to sit down?" she asked, scooting over to make room for him.

"Don't mind if I do, er, did...", he replied. "Are you muggle-born then?", but then realizing how stupid that probably sounded, he tried to clarify what he had meant, hoping that she would realize he didn't use blood ties to the magical world to pre-judge people... "My dad's a muggle, but my mom was a witch...she never really used magic around me though." Bruin added...

He appeared deep in thought for a moment... "I never really knew anything about magic, or that I might be able to do it, until a few months ago...and to be honest, I'm still not sure there's much special about me or my abilities based on the first week here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back