Vera McAllister

Vera McAllister

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Full Name:
- Vera Kathleen McAllister.

Date of Birth:
- 21st December, 2012. She hates that her birthday is right before Christmas.

Current Age:
- Eleven.

Basic Appearance:
- Vera's a small girl, only about 5', but her dynamic personality makes up for her lack of stature. Although she eats a lot, she's fairly fit and thin, because she exercises an awful lot (she always has to be moving, and loves to be outside, running around. She has blue eyes and light red hair (ginger, basically) that's quite long and usually fairly unkempt. She's been described as unrefined, and usually dresses in rather plain and often tomboyish clothes.

Personality:
- Vera is very loud and excitable. She can't stay still for too long (unless she's eating), and loves to be outside, running and playing sport. She's not an avid reader, and prefers to learn things visually. She's quite tough and although she can be 'unrefined', she is quite lovely and kind to those she cares about, and is always willing to give people a chance. She seems fairly laid back at a glance, but she's actually determined to make something of herself and, to an extent, be better than her brother (or at least prove that she's just as good as him). She's quite eccentric, but to those who get to know her, she's possibly one of the greatest friends they could have. Even if she's a little short-tempered at times...

Family:
- Vera's parents are both muggles. Her father was a musician who now owns a club in Melbourne (he owned one in Glasgow, but then sold it and moved to Melbourne), and her mother is a writer who's had a couple of books published to moderate success. Most of their income comes from her father. Vera has an older brother, Albie, who is seventeen and in his final year at Hogwarts (Scotland), in Ravenclaw. Albie is a lot more like his mother - quiet and likes to read and write - whereas Vera is a lot like her father, in that she's excitable and energetic. The rest of their family (a couple of uncles and aunts, and Vera's grandparents - all muggles) live in Scotland.

Pets:
- None. Vera's parents are not sure whether she could be trusted with a pet of her own. The family owned a dog back in Scotland, but they gave him to Vera's grandparents when they moved.

Area of Residence:
- Melbourne, Australia. They moved there only recently, however, and Vera spent most of her life in Scotland.

Blood Status:
- Muggle born.

Heritage:
- Albie, Vera's older brother, was the first wizard in the family. Naturally, her parents were confused at first, but extremely proud of their son - if it was possible to be prouder of him than they already were. Of course, when Vera got her letter, nobody was surprised. Vera's father's side of the family has been mostly businessmen - although her father's parents are deceased now, and he has no brothers. On the mother's side, they've been mostly artistic or scholarly types. Or both, like Vera's maternal grandfather, who wrote textbooks on literature for high school students (before retiring to a farm with his wife).

Special Abilities:
- None.

Interests or Hobbies:
- Sport, sport, sport! Back home, Vera loved to play football, hockey, and also to ride horses at her grandfather's farm. Or simply run around and climb trees wherever she could. Where they live in Melbourne, this isn't very possible, much to Vera's disappointment (though her father takes her out to go horseriding occaisionally, as well as to the park to play football). She isn't an avid reader, but she will sit still for a good movie or TV show...particuarly science fiction.

Additional Skills:
- She's good at riding horses, so she anticipates that she'll be pretty good at riding a broomstick.

Strengths:
- Her overwhelming enthusiasm. She's not at all shy and she's not one to procrastinate. She's extremely active, and she's also quite friendly, if a little eccentric. She doesn't make friends with everyone, but to the people she does, she's a life-long and valuable friend.

Weaknesses:
- She can be short-tempered some days, and can lash out at people without meaning it. Also, because she's so active, she rarely takes the time to stop and think, instead leaping headlong in to challenges without thinking carefully. She's also a bit brash and can come on a bit too strong, scaring people away with her excitement. And she rarely sits still, so sometimes she doesn't listen too carefully.

Describe your character in three words:
- Excitable, energetic, enthusiastic.

Favourite place to be:
- Outdoors. Anywhere outdoors is fine with Vera, as long as she has some space to run around. She's also happy to be anywhere with food, which is why she likes the Great Hall of Hogwarts already.

Friends:
- None yet. She had a couple of friends in Scotland, but she doesn't get to talk to them now because she doesn't have contact details for them. She is becoming friends with second year Gryffindor, Charlotte Wilson, and sharing a room with her. Vera is looking forward to meeting new people, however.

Hogwarts House:
- Gryffindor. She's brash and energetic, and quite brave. She's kind hearted too, and unfailingly loyal to those she deems friends, and she never backs down.

Hogwarts Hopes and Ambitions:
- Vera wants to learn anything and everything she possibly can

Best school subjects:
- don't yet know. Probably Flying, and Herbology, because she likes being outside and she loves sport.

Worst school subjects:
- don't yet know. Probably History of Magic, because she is a slow reader and likes more practical things, less theoretical.

Extracurricular Activities:
- Vera played a lot of sports at home, but she hasn't got any at Hogwarts yet. Still, she'll probably play Quidditch, amongst other things.

Plans for your future:
- Vera's not sure what she wants to do with herself, but she's sure it'll be awesome. For now, she just wants to have fun and do the best she can at school.

Your Patronus:
- Vera's patronus would probably be a Border Collie. They are intelligent, but also extremely lively, energetic, and friendly.

Your Patronus memory:
- Most likely when she was eight, and a foal was born on her grandfather's farm. As Albert Robinson (Vera's grandfather) dotes on his granddaughter, he allowed her to name the horse, and told her it would be hers, and hers alone, to look after. It was one of the happiest moments of Vera's life. Dollie is now three, and Vera doesn't get to ride her and take care of her all the time like she used to, but she's determined to go back home to Scotland whenever she can to see her grandfather and her horse.

Your Boggart:
- Vera's boggart would be her family turning their backs on her because she could never be as good as Albie at magic, or anything. She desires approval and so she's determined to work hard to get it, and she wants to be her brother's equal, more than anything else in the world.

Your Animagus:
- Much like her patronus, she'd be a Border Collie.

Mirror of Erised:
- She would see herself, at about age 18, standing side by side with her brother, as his equal, not as his inferior little sister. She would be successful and happy and have plenty of love and approval from her family. And she'd have friends who would remain her friends forever, so to speak.

A page from your diary:
- Dear Diary,
I miss Granddad, and I miss Dollie, and I miss Scotland! Australia's nice and all, but we live in the city and it's not as nice as where we lived in Scotland, where Nanna and Granddad's farm wasn't far away so I could go there whenever I wanted and run around and ride Dollie. Here I go outside and I have to avoid getting barrelled over by trams. And we have no family here so we can't go visit them. I'm so bored!
At least I'm going to Hogwarts in a week. If it's anything like what Albie says it'll be awesome. Though I have to go to the one in New Zealand. He gets to stay in Scotland for his final year. Oh well. Not like he'd hang out with his little sister anyway, he'd be too busy reading or studying or something.
Oh well. Lots of grounds to run around on, and I get to play Quidditch! Yay! I'm excited. It shouldn't be too boring. I mean classes might be but apart from that, there'll be people, and grounds, and...stuff. Anyway, it'll be great.
Ugh. So bored. Maybe I'll go to the park and kick a ball around. Bye!

Hi Vera,

just a few questions...

Did you like that you were sorted to Gryffindor?
For someone who is extroverted have you only made the one friend at Hogwarts?
It is now close to the end of your first term, have you a better idea what subject you like or dislike?
Do any of the professors inspire you?
Do any of the professors intimidate you?
Can you choose three words to describe yourself and explain why.
Will you try out for the Gryffindor quidditch team?
If you miss Scotland so much why did you not ask to attend Hogwarts there with your brother?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back