Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Kingwood 15 1/2 with Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
</SIZE>
This RP takes place February 14, 2037, Valentines Day.​
<i>
</i>

<SIZE size="50">The young blonde Hufflepuff didn't have a valentines, but that didn't surprise her. While most students had spent their Saturday with their other half, Clara hid in her dormitory, unsure why she was letting the day get to her. It hadn't been a big deal before. But this year, it felt like it just proved her loneliness even more. The Third Year thought about what her sister would say, and it would probably be along the lines of not letting a boy be in charge of her happiness, but that wasn't the point, it was just that she was alone. And besides, he definitely was no boy. He was well and truly a man.
Clara had already bought the chocolates. They were sitting next to her bed, the only task now was to go and give it to him. She hadn't written a letter. She thought that may be a bit too cheesy. Clara had only written his name, in her prettiest handwriting, on a note, and attached it to the front. She had spent most of the day trying to psyche herself up, convincing herself that she either should, or should not go into the library.
Clara wasn't even sure he'd be in there. But as the afternoon droned on, Clara put on a bit of perfume, some nice clothes and tucked the chocolates under her arm. Perhaps she'd just be able to leave them on the desk? But then she wouldn't be sure that he'd get them. Sighing, Clara slowly made her way through the corridors and into the library.
And there he stood. So handsome. He had been so kind to her - kinder than anyone ever had been. He was helpful and just his presence made her feel better. Before her nerves got the better of her, Clara took a deep breath and walked over to the librarian. She could feel her cheeks redden before she even reached him. She cleared her throat, wanting to sound smooth. "Hi - er- um, I got these, for you." She stuttered out. Anything but smooth. She held out the chocolates, waiting for him to take them. Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion, except her heart which was pounding faster than ever.

Valentines was not exactly the day that stuck out in his brain a lot. Stefan knew that him and Kate would probably have a nice dinner, and he was sure he'd bring flowers for her, but really that was about it. He felt like he didn't need a day to show that he loved her more than he already did. So, he found himself in work on that day. Pretty happily, working away. There was some organising to be done, as always when it came to books in a library. He knew that today in the library he'd probably just end up coming across couples who thought that in the little corners of the library he, or any one wouldn't come across them, how wrong they were. He had been told by the other librarian that this was a day in which he chose very often to wait, to not put the books away. To just let them pile up a little more. Now, Stefan was a fan of this but, he always wanted to be able to tidy some of it away. it was more annoying having them pile up, so instead he had just began placing them in piles. So that when he did get to put them away they were already sorted and piled in groups. The correct ones. He was working away quietly, a small cup of tea sitting beside him, it was too hot to drink but he was waiting. His stomach rumbled slightly, and he realised that he had forgotten to have lunch. That wasn't something that happened often, but it made him smile when it did. He had been about to head into the back, when upon glancing up he noticed that young girl from not that long ago, what was her name again, Clara. Stefan hoped that she was doing better than the last time he'd seen her.

However, it appeared that she had a slightly different agenda, he smiled at her as she cleared her throat and then spoke. Holding out something. He raised an eyebrow slightly, he didn't really know why she'd gotten him something. That didn't make sense to him. It made very little sense. He took the box, and realised that it was a box of chocolates. It had a little note with his name written on them. Suddenly, he realised what they were. This was a valentines day gift. "Erm..Thank you Clara" He said to her. He had nothing for her, though he hadn't known she was giving him something. He was a little lost for words, he was sure he'd said that he was in a relationship and also, she was very young. There was a pretty big age gap between them. "I didn't get you anything, I'm sorry" he replied, unsure about what to do next. It was a nice gesture, maybe she just wanted to give him something for what he'd done, but then it was valentines day. "I was just going to have lunch, do you want to join me?" Stefan wasn't sure that this was the right thing to do, but he'd never had to deal with someone crushing on him before. It seemed like the polite thing to do. He motioned to the little section for the librarians and gave the girl a smile. "A little company wouldn't go amiss."

The young Hufflepuff felt her cheeks redden when Stefan thanked her for the chocolates. Clara wasn't entirely sure what she expected to happen. Her mind couldn't get passed actually having to give him the chocolates, so she just stood there awkwardly, her head facing slightly down. He seemed confused as to why she had given him something, it was obvious that he couldn't really care less about her. It was surprising he even remembered her name.
Clara knew she was being silly. She shouldn't have a crush on a Professor ; though he wasn't a Professor he was the librarian. But he was still staff. Having a relationship probably wasn't even allowed. But she didn't like him because of the romance side, he was very kind to her and that's what she liked. He made her feel better without even having to try. Although, at this moment, she didn't feel better at all. Clara felt like a fool.
Stefan apologized for not getting her anything. She shook her head as if to say it was no big deal. Clara didn't know what to expect - but she certainly didn't expect a gift back. The Hufflepuff was in half a mind to turn around and run back to her dormitory, and never enter the library again when he offered her to join him for lunch. Clara looked up, a small smile on her face. Even if he hadn't thought about her beforehand, he definitely was now. She nodded, butterflies still battering around in her stomach. "That-that would be lovely." She beamed.
Clara wasn't sure what else to say. She felt like she should have researched how to speak to your crush - or to people in general before she came to see Stefan. What would they talk about? How awkward it would be if they just sat there in silence. Clara looked at the librarian before looking away quickly, biting her lip. What could she say? Thank-you? How are you? I could get lost in your delicious blue eyes? How lame and cheesy. But she had to say something. "I'm surprised you haven't had lunch yet." Really? That was what she came up with? "Um, because it's the afternoon. I haven't either but um, yeah." Clara commented quietly.

Stefan was incredibly surprised at the gift in his hands. he couldn't really believe that this was actually happening to him. He didn't think of himself as someone who would receive such gifts. He didn't seem himself as attractive. He just saw himself as healthy, which was what he always wanted to be, the rest didn't really matter. None of it was important. So, while Stefan had been told that this could happen, he hadn't expected it to. A part of the librarian, had always thought that this would never happen to him, but he was sure that it was what was happening right now. He was faced with a young student presenting him with a valentines day gift. The fact that this hadn't ever happened to him, was why he'd then chosen instead of acting strange about it, decided that lunch was a better idea. It was what he was doing anyway, and it wasn't like he didn't sometimes have lunch with other students, they just tended to be his cousin Tybalt, some times people that Ty knew. But that was it. But,he couldn't see how it make this situation either better or worse. He liked Clara, she was a nice person, and he didn't want to appear ungrateful or hurt her feelings by rejecting her, so when she accepted his offer lunch he smiled brightly. "Awesome" he replied, before motioning toward the little bit for the librarians that he knew would be empty. He'd brought some lunch with him, and was sure that there would be enough for two.

Stefan held the door open for Clara as she followed him inside. He was surprised when she spoke, he nodded at what she was saying. "I can be a little forgetful at times" he said casually. "Make yourself comfortable." he said before gathering up various bits and pieces. His lunch was a pasta salad which he'd made. He grabbed some plates and a couple of forks. The he just took random bits and piece to eat and placed them at the table, where Clara had sat. Also placing the box of chocolates that she'd gotten him on the table too. "I get so lost in my work, I just forget. Plus if I'd eaten earlier, I wouldn't be able to have lunch with you." he shrugged slightly. "Now, how've you been? Having a good semester so far?" He asked her, helping himself to some of the pasta. There was definitely enough food for two people. While he was now never without or short of food, he wasn't the best at telling portion sizes, not any more. So, it helped that he made slightly more than what he needed. "What year are you again?" Stefan knew that the information was somewhere in his head, but he couldn't place it. It was escaping him. Stefan smiled at her, he was always glad for company at lunch, he'd spent too many years alone to not be glad of the company at any point in the day.

This could've been better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back