Updated Hospital Wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violet Callaghan

Wand
Ivy 12 1/2" Wand with Billywig Stinger core
I have a suggestion regarding the Hospital Wing. Since St. mungos has a list of staff, would the hospital wing be able to get a list for the nurses?
Secondly, I understand that anyone can become a healer or nurse but surely there should be a higher role for those that go through the school first and use techniques learnt in class? I would like to put my character through the medical pathway, but it's overwhelming knowing that older characters can just walk in there and skip the education all together?

Cheers :)

Hi Phoebe,

Thanks for the suggestion! When the list first started, I don't think there were many people with nurse characters, but I don't see why they can't be added now if they exist.

The list in St. Mungo's is a bit outdated, so rather than having a new list to add nurses and leave the outdated healer list, we think it'd be good to start up a new list for everyone. So, if you have a Healer or Nurse, I encourage you to add your name and specialties. This will also help people to know who they can PM for St. Mungo's RPs. :r :)

As for your second suggestion, we don't think that there are enough people becoming Healers to warrant such a division in work that people can perform based on whether they attended HNZ. Characters who didn't RP attending the school would still have attended a school and received the same training necessary to become a Healer. So long as no one is claiming to be the head Healer (which would need admin approval), characters are free to declare what ward they work in and what work they do. :)

Hope that helps. ^_^

For my second point I understand that, but it seems silly to spend a year or so putting my character through school that takes up real life time, when I could skip it entirely and still do the exact same job. Just me? Seems odd to have an education if theres no purpose for it..

I understand where you're coming from, but I'd say that doing the lessons is much more than just getting the grades so that the character can get a good job. They help in developing the nature of the character, on having the character grow and figure out what they wanted to do. Letting the character go through the formative years and figure out if their dreams as a child remain. At least for me, I've always seen that lessons help the character grow. It can help mark the passage of time that a character will experience.

Obviously an adult character who hasn't gone through the education process of HNZ would still be able to apply for positions that the character would be suited for. Not all of the adult characters go into high powered jobs, obviously. But, to say that the only characters that are allowed to get positions such as healers would mean a lot of surplus, jobless adults and a lack of filled positions which help in the running of certain aspects of the site. Not to mention any person, or new character should be able to at the very least apply for the position that they want. We don't want to exclude people.

So, there is a purpose beyond just getting grades, but there is also an importance in allowing any character who is on the forum to have the chance to be anything.

If you get what I mean. I'm not sure if this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back