Unveiling the Truth

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam had agreed to met Toni up here, this day. Sam was almost counting down the minutes which seemed to flow by incredibly slow. Sam paced the tower. He was going to tell her. He had it rehearsed in his head. It was two weeks since he kissed Jenn and he could have put it off for longer but he knew that wasn't right.

Sam stopped pacing the room and began twiddling his fingers. He tapped his foot out of pure nervousness. He tried to be calm but it was extremely hard. He clenched his fists and began pacing the tower once more. He flexed out his fingers and he bit his lip. Waiting...waiting nervously.

Toni rarely went up to the North Tower anymore. After that all thing with Jenna, Toni tried to stay clear from this place. It just didn't seem smart to mess with a place in which drama was drawn to. Yet when Sam said he wanted to meet up, Toni could almost guess why. Thinking that there was no other place to meet up for this reason, other than the tower Toni agreed to meet him up there.

Wearing one of her normal outfits of a very nice flowing pink skirt along with a white tank top and a jean jacket. She walked up the stairs carefully almost as if she didn't know whether she wanted to make a run for it now. Though Toni made her way up anyway thinking that maybe this day would be a decent one after all.

Reaching the top she noticed Sam ,who looked almost nervous. Flashing him a smile she said "Hey" She walked over a smile still on her face.

Sam stopped when he heard Toni's voice. He turned to her, she looked extremely pretty today, as usual. Sam sighed, how could he have done this to her. He forced a smile on his face, "Hey Toni!" He tried to act as natural as he could and went to give her a friendly hug.

Once he let go of her he asked "How are things?" still playing it cool. He wasn't going to tell her just yet. Ease her in, though he suspected that wouldn't change her attitude when he'd tell her.

Toni hugged Sam back thinking that maybe she had just imagined him being nervous. Maybe it was just with everything going on she expected him to be nervous. Glancing out the window for a moment, just to see the view. The view was always so beautiful up here yet the tower seemed to hold so much problems that Toni was sure they didn't even out.

"Things are ok" Toni said smiling "I mean I've spent a bit of time in the common room. Lots of time outside if you believe that" Toni said laughing a bit thinking abouty how her time outside hadn't been the best once she ran into Scorpius. "But overall things are good" Toni said as she turned to Sam once more removing her gaze from the outdoors.

"How's everything with you?" She asked.

When Toni mentioned about the common room, Sam couldn't help but think of Beau, probably spending a lot of time with her. He instantly tensed but it wasn't too obvious. "You? Outside? Thats hard to imagine...I mean except for our.. place." Sam said remembering the promises they made back then, it seemed like such a long time ago.

"Umm...things are okay I guess...I mean eh.." Sam didn't know what he mean't, he looked her in the eye. Sam looked away quickly, he couldn't bare it anymore. "Okay Toni the thing is..." Sam said quickly. He then closed his eyes and bit his lip. He then returned to her gaze, his eyes were full of pain but surprisingly not regret. "I have something to tell you.."

Toni smiled as Sam went on a bit about her being outside. It wasn't usually where she would have spent her time but lately it just seemed like the place to be. Yet when Sam mentioned there place, Toni's heart sunk a bit. It seemed years and years a go since that day when they carved their names, badly of coarse, into that tree. We thought we would last as long as that tree did Toni thought sadly though she kept a smile on her face. This year she was becoming quite an actress. With everything that was going on she didnt' have much of a choice.

Though when Sam began to almost seem lost at thought, Toni knew he had something important to say an thanks to that one day out in the lawn with Knight Toni knew exactly what that was.

Toni tried to keep eye contact with Sam. This was going to be so much harder to hear from Sam than it was to hear from Knight. "Ok" She said her voice full of fake confusion that no one but Toni knew was just an illusion. "What is it?" She asked.

Sam sighed and shook his head. "The eh..thing...you see.." Sam tried to get it out but there was no possible way. Sam tried again, "Its just that..." Sam exhaled quickly and he scratched his forehead. This didn't sound so hard in my head. "Umm....well. I..eh...I..I kissed someone...someone else. I broke our trust I know. I'm a fool. I'm so so sorry. I" Sam then looked down. "I'm sorry.." he breathed.

Toni had been preparing for this day and it all seemed so easy. Though as Sam actually came out and said it, it hurt more than Toni could imagine. Remain calm She thought though her eyes couldn't find their way to his face. She couldn't keep eye contact.

Looking at the ground, Toni opened her mouth to speak. No words came out, none could. Closing her mouth she tried to think about what she wanted to say. How she wanted to go about this. It seemed so much easier as she prepared for this in her mind.

"Who?" she said softly. Of coarse Toni knew the answer but she wanted to see if Sam was going to tell her. Though as she looked up at Sam for a moment she wondered if he was really sorry for any of this. Toni knew for a fact that Jenna was not. Why should she be? Jenna had gotten her way.

Sam winced, he was hurting Toni. Badly. Sam waited for her to speak even to shout at him though when she asked who it was softly, Sam knew it was bad. He wished she would have shouted at him. Sam may not be good at reading girls but he could tell be her not screaming at him, she was really hurt.

"I promised not to say her name." Sam said standing his ground. In fairness Toni didn't have the intention of telling him who it was when she kissed Beau it just so happened that it slipped out of her mouth. His toes squrimed in his converse. He cleared his troat and waited for her to speak.

Toni was tempted to scream at him when he wouldn't tell her who it was. Did he really think that she was that stupid? Even if Knight hadn't of told her who, Toni would have figured it out. That brat Jenna would do anything to break Toni and Sam up and this time she might have just suceeded.

"Of coarse you did" Toni said taking everything she had in her not to sound cold. "Jenna wouldn't want me to kill her now would she?" Toni asked looking up at Sam. Though she had seemed almost normal lately, she had known. "I already know Sam" She said quietly. Toni wondered how he would react to this. She waited not breaking eye contact wondering what he would say.

Sam looked down once more, "Don't bring her into this anymore. Please Toni.." Sam pleaded. Sam raised an eyebrow, "What?! How?" Sam asked, How could she of known? "So you were acting all this time? How long have you known?" Sam was slightly peeved off at this but new he was not in any place to be angry right now.

Toni couldn't help but feel anger and jealousy well up in her. After everything that brat of a Hufflepuff had done Sam was still protecting her. How was that even possible? "I doubt I can do that" Toni said a hint of coldness finally coming up in her voice. It didn't help that Toni hated Jenna with a passion, now that Jenna was playing a part in Sam cheating on Toni, it was a bit too much.

Though Toni could see that Sam was surprised that she knew. Why shouldn't he be surprised? "I'm not stupid Sam" Toni said simply. "Unlike you some of my friends actually find it fitting to let me know" Toni said the hint of coldness not out of her voice yet but it was fading. Really Sam had done the same thing to her as Toni did to him, yet in Toni's mind she couldn't help think what Sam did was worse.

"I've known for awhile" Toni said not knowing how long really. "I just wanted to let you tell me instead of rushing to the Hufflepuff dorm and yelling at you" Toni said thinking that really when she had heard she wasn't sure what she wanted to do about the whole thing, she still didn't know.

Sam ignored her comment about Jenn. It wasn't her fault afterall. It was Sam's and he wasn't going to bring anyone down with him. "Hey don't give me any of this not telling you crap." Sam said sounding appalled. "If I remember correctly when you kissed Beau I heard it from Jenn. Not you. Unlike you though I had the intention of telling you myself." Sam said trying to keep calm. "It just took a while.." he added slowly.

Sam breathed a couple times, loudly. Sam wasn't going to fight with Toni. He didn't want that. But knew he would be extremly lucky if he made it out without her being absouloutle furious at him. "So.....what..eh...what now?"

Toni closed her eyes for a minute trying to calm down as Sam seemed a bit upset with her. Don't flip out Don't flip out Toni thought trying not to get upset, but it wasn't working. "Well how do you know I wasn't going to tell you. If that idiot of a Hufflepuff didn't tell you I might of. Maybe I just needed a bit as time as well. Ever think of that" Toni said her voice hinting on anger. Of coarse it was a total lie. Toni wasn't going to tell Sam. She had agreed with Beau that it was the best thing to keep it all quiet. Though Toni hoped that Sam didn't know this.

Turning away from Sam, Toni walked over to the window and looked out. She didn't want to deal with this now. "I don't know what to do" Toni said her voice calm once more. Still after all this time she hadn't figured it out. "Obviously you like Jenna better...." Toni broke off unable to finish her statement.

Sam didn't consider that. "Your right I should have thought about that...and she not an idiot. She's my friend." Sam said calmly his voice didn't quaver. Sam watched as she walked to the window. Sam didn't dare follow, he just watched and waited for something anything.

Sam shook his head, "Oh don't givee me that. I never said I liked Jenn better. Just make a decision Toni...please. Don't make me make it." Sam said still calm. He was the one that had to make the desicion last time. It was her turn.

Glad that Sam thought that maybe Toni was actually going to tell him. Dismissing that whole thing she could only roll her eyes at the comment about Jenna. "I don't know how" She muttered not knowing how Sam could be friends with the likes of that girl. Though Toni wasn't going to push it.

When Sam stated that he never said he liked Jenna better, Toni turned to face him again. "Oh really?" Toni said using all her energy to keep her tone normal. "Then why would you break up with me because of the fear of losing your friendship with Jenna.? Why out of all the people that you have to use to get back at me you kissed Jenna?" Toni all her said her voice rising slightly. She had never planned to actually fight with Sam. She thought this was going to be easy, but everything seemed so much harder now that it was happening. "And I know that if or when we break up you are probably going to go back to Jenna" Toni finished off turning away from him once more. Now that everything Toni had been thinking lately came out in the open, she sort of felt bad about it all. She never meant to lash out at Sam.

Sam bit his lip as Toni shouted at him. But he took it, he wasn't going to object. She had a right to be this angry. Once she was finished Sam replied slowly, "Because Toni, I simply care for Jenna she's my friend and I really treasure her as a friend I didn't want to hurt her...thats all." Sam paused. "I didn't use her." He would never use someone especially Jenn. "I didn't do it to get back at you." he was ocnfused by the idea. He'd never do that. Sam tried to ignore the last comment but it ate away at him. "So what if I did? You wouldn't go back to Beau. Honestly?" Sam raised an eyebrow.

Toni didn't want to look at Sam at the moment. "She doesn't consider you two just friends" Toni muttered knowing that Jenna had never gotten over Sam. Maybe that was one of the reasons that Toni hated her so much. Yet when Sam said he hadn't kissed Jenna to get back at Toni, Toni sighed. It would have made this situation so much easier if he had. Now it just meant that Sam actually liked Jenna as well, and that would hurt more than him just trying to get even with Toni for kissing Beau.

As Sam threw questions at her that Toni didn't really know how to answer. What would she do if Sam and her were no longer a couple? Would Toni go back to Beau? He probably already had a girlfriend by now. He probably would even take her if she wanted to. But Jenna would take Sam back.

"I don't know what I would do" Toni said "What I would do isn't the problem now" Toni said knowing that maybe it was just as much as what Sam would do. Toni ran her fingers through her hair not sure what to do at a time like this. "I can't trust you anymore" She said thinking that this all sounded so familiar except this time, Toni was on the other side of the conversation.

Did she really want to break up with Sam? Toni didn't see how they would survive after all the drama that had occured already. "Sam" She said turning to him already picturing him with Jenna, the image making her feel rather sick. "I think that......" She paused God get a backbone and say it Toni thought looking straight at him.

"We're done" She said simply her voice calm but her mind and thoughts were swirling.

"She doesn't consider you two just friends" Did Sam...? He didn't know what he thought anymore. "Oh so its a problem about my relationships but yours..yours isn't?" Sam shook his head, he was really confused and fustrated right now.

Can't trust me? Sam knew what was coming. Sam automatically felt the pain. The pain which opened up his chest and tore out his heart. He had it coming. But did she? Should he have taken her back? Then she said it. Those two words hurt him badly. He really was head over heels for Toni, he just wasn't showing it these past few days. We're done The pain swept quickly all over his body it showed in his face. Sam nodded, nothing he could say would change it. Nothing. He wasn't even going to try.

Toni wished Sam would have said something, anything about what she had said. Though what was he supposed to say? Was she really doing the right thing? He hadn't broken up with her when she kissed Beau, but really it was different. Wasn't it? Sam had kissed Jenna, one of the people that Toni had an extreme dislike for. It was worse than him kissing Hoshi, which was really saying something. Though really Toni didn't have to think about whether it was right or not, it was done.

Seeing the pain in Sam's face, she almost wished she could take back the words, but she knew that wasn't possible and wouldn't matter. "I'm sorry" She muttered not knowing where that came from. Why was she sorry? Probably for hurting Sam like this. But he has Jenna now Toni thought.

Sam walked over to her and stood beside her. "You don't need to be sorry." Sam said sadly, but he knew to cope on and get on with things. "Theres no point if theres no trust." He sighed, he just wanted to leave. Go back to his dorm. Anywhere was better than here. The pain still remained and his heart never returned back to his body yet. He waited for Toni to make the next move.

Toni was surprised a bit at how Sam walked over and stood next to her. She could tell that he was sad. Right now, it had not hit Toni with what really had happened. Though it was sure that it would hit her once she walked back to the dorm. Toni just hoped the dorm room would be empty. Looking over at Sam, she wondered why he had not stormed out of the towers. Surprised that he didn't come up with any comment at all.

"Well" Toni began running her hand through her hair once more. "I should probably go" She said pausing a bit. Her mind was telling her to just move, get out of there, but her feet weren't moving. "I'll see you around though" Toni said knowing that it was probably one of the lamest things she could have said but her mind wasn't working right now.

Finally her feet began to move. She walked over to the stairs looking back a once more at Sam, before continuing down the stairs. Wondering if she had done the right thing.

Sam nodded when she said she'd see him around. Of coarse they wouldn't. They would never see each other and talk to each other. Never again could he lie back and watch the stars with her. Never again could he share special moments with her. He couldn't. It was all over. "Yeah I guess." Sam didn't look at her nor the grounds he just stared at the windowsill.

Once Sam was sure she left he slammed his back against the wall. How stupid he was to do this to her! He put his head on top of his knees. Waiting...waiting...waiting for nothing. Sam knew she was gone. But yet he sat there for a while after she left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back