Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira had been wondering the grounds for a while now, worry nagging away at her gut. She hadn't been away from home like this in... well, ever. She worried about her sister, even if Kira knew she had her new husband to keep her company and help with the Inn.

After what seemed like forever, she found herself at a nice rock outcropping by the lake. It said it was dedicated to another student, and the thought didn't help her worry. Was being here really a good idea?

She knew she needed to control her magic, or it would be dangerous. That was the only thing that had convinced her to come. But it didn't assuage her fears or her guilt over leaving. She sighed and looked into the water. She caught herself studying her reflection. Chocolate brown hair pulled into a ponytail, big blue eyes. She was slender and wearing denim shorts and a black tank top. She kicked a pebble into the water, disrupting her reflection.

With a weary sigh, Kira sat down on the ground, her chin in her hands, and stared out over the water looking for answers that it couldn't give.

Maggie had spent so much time trying to make games interesting for other people, she'd barely had a moment to think about what she wanted, and how she was getting on as a first year. She still had a bunch of ideas floating around in her head, of things she wanted to try, but she was caught between asking those she'd already invited to play with her, or asking new students that didn't seem to know many people yet. Maggie had spoken to a few people during her classes, but it was hardly the same thing when you were forced to bond over a subject, than to do something that was actually fun. Walking along the lake front, she spotted another girl around her own age, throwing rocks into the water by herself. She watched as she sat down on the ground, and the Pufflehuff thought she looked quite sad. "Hello" Maggie raised her voice to try and get the girls attention. "Are you finding the school okay?" She asked in her Korean accent. She didn't really feel comfortable leaving a student by the water on her own, especially if she was upset about something. Maybe she was homesick. Chaser had been quite homesick when he first joined Hogwarts Scotland, but as a fifth year he was now perfectly settled in.

Kira jumped a little at the sound of another voice. Her head snapped up, and she saw a girl walking her way. "Are you finding the school okay?" Her accent was different, and Kira couldn't quite place it.

She realized then that she hadn't answered the new girl. Kira chuckled nervously and looked away, rubbing her neck shyly. "Oh, uh, it's perfectly alright I suppose." She shrugged and tried to smile as convincingly as she could. No point in worrying other people about such silly things, anyway.

"So, uh, how bout you? Do you like it here?"

Maggie nodded at the girls question, glad that she seemed to be okay, at least on the outside. "I think so. Although I was not really sure what to expect," she replied. The only thing she knew was what Chaser had told her about Hogwarts Scotland, and while there were a few comparisons she could make, the schools were really quite different. Maggie wondered whether she wasn't the only person who hadn't really made any proper friends yet. She'd met a couple of people, maybe one or two of which seemed to like similar things to her, but no one she could really talk to yet. "Do you like the people in your house?" She asked, pretty sure she would have known if she were a Pufflehuff as she would have seen her around the common room. "What are you?" She asked, hoping it wasn't an offence to be so blunt.

Kira smiled a little. At least she wasn't the only one who didn't really know what to expect from school here. She looked up when the girl asked if she liked the people in her house and then asked what she was.

Kira nodded slightly. "I'm not sure, I'm not really good at talking to people," She admitted shyly. "I suppose everyone is nice enough. I'm a Ravenclaw." She added, looking up at the girl. "My name is Kira Wolf. Would you like to sit with me?" Kira felt a little awkward asking, but she really should try to make some friends. She'd be spending a lot of time at this school and maybe friends might make it a little easier.

Maggie could understand being shy around people. She liked to talk and make new friends but the transition of moving from South Korea had been quite difficult and she was finding it harder than she anticipated to follow English, especially when everyone spoke so fast. "I'm Pufflehuff. Maggie" she replied, even though she wasted asked. She followed the girls offer and took a seat beside her, hoping that she hasn't interrupted any thinking she was doing. "Did you live in New Zealand before you came to this school?" She asked. There must be students that moved from countries like her, but Maggie just didn't know any.

Kira smiled shyly as the girl sat next to her. She hadn't met any Hufflepuffs yet, and she couldn't help but wonder how the sorting system worked. She looked at the pretty girl when she asked if Kira had always lived in New Zealand. She nodded, looking guilty as she answered. "Yeah... my sister and i own an Inn outside of Arrowtown. It's just been us since our parent's died a few years ago. I haven't been away from her since then..." Kira looked back out over the water, unable to help the guilt nagging away at her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back