University?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemma Hart

OOC First Name
Abby
First off, I'm sorry if this has been asked before! I searched through the old asked questions (but only got like 5 pages in sorry!) but anyway.

I was wondering if you think it's possible for Muggleborn (and possibly other witches and wizards) to go to a Muggle university after completing wizarding school, and if so, how? Universities require transcripts and such from their previous schools so how would they work their way around that? Just curious for backstories of my character's family is all. :)

Solution
Hello Abby.
It is possible, and a lot of characters do.
As for the technicalities some universities will allow you to get in off a portfolio whichis one way, other uni's offer mature age entry which doesn't (as much) require a school transcript and more on entrance tests and possible prior experience in the field, or there is bridging courses/colleges which offer high school equivalence for people who may have not completed the final (non essential years of high school) Otherwise it is one of those things that people rp and don't work out the fine details for and don't really question as far as I know. It just sort of happens.
I hope that helps.
Mia
Hello Abby.
It is possible, and a lot of characters do.
As for the technicalities some universities will allow you to get in off a portfolio whichis one way, other uni's offer mature age entry which doesn't (as much) require a school transcript and more on entrance tests and possible prior experience in the field, or there is bridging courses/colleges which offer high school equivalence for people who may have not completed the final (non essential years of high school) Otherwise it is one of those things that people rp and don't work out the fine details for and don't really question as far as I know. It just sort of happens.
I hope that helps.
Mia

Solution
Topic Closed and Archived

Your question/issue has either been resolved or is unanswerable.
If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to open another topic in the FAQ forum, we're always pleased to answer your questions.

Thank you,

~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back