Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire made her way to Brightstone, chewing a piece of gum. She didn't really have a plan, so that left her open for pretty much anything. She had just entered the street when she saw a familiar face in the crowd up ahead. "Cap!" She called, weaving her way through the crowd.

Now that she was no longer in school, Odette had lost track of when the Brightstone weekends were. She wished she had known to avoid the village on this day, but she hadn't. Grumbling as she pushed past students, Odette stopped in her tracks when she heard a familiar voice yell, presumably for her. She turned to see Sapphire approach her, and greeted her with a wave. "Hey." She said. "Funny seeing you around. How's the team?"

Sapphire slid next to Odette, smiling brightly. "Hey!" She stuck her hands in her pockets. "Leda hasn't killed Liam yet, first game is coming up, and the seeker kid has an ego big enough I'm surprised he hasn't fallen off his broom." She told the captain. "How ya been? I heard you got on a professional team?" She asked, looking to her with bright eyes.

Odette nodded at Sapphire's quick recap of the team. "Well, what about yourself?" She asked her, raising her eyebrows a little. "I assume you took my spot? How has that been going?" It was easy to be critical of others, but she wondered how she would describe her own contribution to the team. "I do play professionally now, yes. For the Macaws."

Sapphire nodded. "Yeah, I did. My aim's getting better, though the last practice we had was pretty tough. Bludgers were pretty squirrelly, Liam and I only managed a few hits each." She shrugged. She grinned as the cap said she'd indeed started playing professionally. "That's pretty awesome. As a beater, right?" She inquired, offering Odette a stick of gum.

Odette was satisfied to hear Sapphire had taken her spot on the team. She had deserved it by working hard over the years. "It's fine, some days are just better than others too." She said with a slight smile. "You haven't had a game yet, right?" She nodded at Sapphire's question as she took some gum. "Yes, it's the only position I can play." She admitted. "I played chaser maybe once, but I'm not good at it."

Sapphire shook her head. "Not yet. Maybe we can meet up again after and I can tell you how it goes?" She offered. She chuckled as Odette said there weren't any other positions she was good at. "I know hot that goes. I had to sub as a seeker twice, and neither time was any fun." She grinned. "Although, I did win the second time." She laughed.

Odette hesitated, then nodded. "Or you can write me. I'm pretty curious." She had been a bit conflicted about who to pick for captain. Liam had been on the team longer, but she was glad she had chosen for both in the end. "You did fine as seeker." She assured Sapphire. "But playing professionally is a whole other level. I'm on the same team as Rory too." She told her. Asaiah too, but she didn't remember if Sapphire knew him or not. He had graduated a few years before Odette.

Sapphire nodded. "I can totally do that. Do you want me to keep you updated whats happening around school, too, or just Quidditch games?" She asked. She chewed her lip. "Rory was a really good player. That's cool he's on professionally." She remembered him vaguely, though it used to be just that he seemed to take the game more seriously than Liam did.

Odette shrugged. "That's okay, I have two younger sisters at school who keep me updated on things." It wasn't entirely true, Charlie didn't share much and the people Emily talked about were people Odette barely knew, but it was enough for her. "Just curious about Quidditch." She nodded when she mentioned Rory. "He's a great chaser. And I'm playing together with Asaiah, he used to be the beater alongside me before Liam." She told Sapphire.

Sapphire nodded. "Well that's good, I don't really know anything anyway." She admitted with a wry grin. She was surprised to hear that she was on the team with another old Slytherin player. "That must be pretty cool. Guess Slytherins where it's at," She chuckled. "Maybe they'll pick up Leda, too. That would be pretty awesome." She grinned at the thought of it.

Odette smiled a bit. "I bet you know plenty, but I don't even know half the people my sisters talk about... it's strange to have graduated. It all feels pretty far away." She said honestly. It was strange to remember she had been at Hogwarts only a few months ago. Odette grinned. "Guess so. I know there's some ex Gryffindors on the other New Zealand team though." She said. "Maybe, if Leda would want that. But we already have a pretty good seeker." Annoying as Ferrah was with Asaiah, she was definitely talented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back