Unexpected News

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri wondered up to the owlery, she was wondering whether too write home or not. She was keen to hear from James as she wanted a full up date on how the baby was doing, but she wasn't sure whether to write to her dad, last time she had seen him he had gone off in a strop to find Brooke, and although she really wanted to find out what had happened she wasn't sure what she should write in the letter. She sighed and sat down on the window ledge, thinking about what she should do.

Caysi was walking around the Hogwarts land and decided that she should go to the Owlery to see if there was anything there for her. She walked up the steps and saw Harri. " Hey Harri, what's up?" She asked.

"Oh hey Caysi!" Harri said jumping up, "Nothing nothing just wondering around up here," she said walking over to her, "How about you? Got any letters to send?" she asked, looking around at all the owls and seeing one heading straight for the owlery.

Caysi smiled. " I just sent some a few days ago to my sister, you know to see how she's doing and things like that." She smiled. She saw her owl come for the Owlery, " I shall get that." She opened the letter and quickly read through it. " Hey Harri, my sister met a boy." She smiled.

Tommy was bubbling with excitment as he took out his quill and parchment. He wanted to write to someone, to tell them but couldn't think to. After debating with himself for a few moments he decided Harri was the best person to write to.
Dear Harri,
I have to tell someone, you know when I came to visit you? Yeah well I was just like about to go back to Scotland and I like met this girl! She's like really nice and everything and well just had to tell someone!
Anyway how've you been? Doing better then last time?
And for Christmas, we're gonna meet up right?
Tommy

Tommy attatched the letter to his owl and sent it off.

Harri watched as another owl flew closer and closer, she was now only half listening to Caysi but managed to get the gist of it, she snapped out of her trance like state "Oh really? Thats nice, whats he called?" she asked turning to Caysi thinking the owl obviously wasn't for her, but as she turned back she realised the owl was now perched next to her, it's leg stuck out awaiting the removal of the letter. With shaky hands she untied it, in her experince letters usually bought bad news, but as she recognised the messy sprawl on the front she let out a small sigh of relied, it was Tommy. She opened it carefully her eyes scanning it. This wasn't an unusual letter, Tommy was always meeting girls, but his tone in this one was slightly different from the others. She let out a small laugh "Oh Tommy met a girl during the Brightstone weekend," she said, at this precise moment it didn't strike her odd, that Caysi's sister and her cousin had both met someone at exactly the same time.

Caysi shrugged her shoulders. " I don't know, but she said that they met at Brightstone." She said. It then hit her. " Wait, oh no." She said. " Did you say that your cousin met a girl at Brightstone?"She asked.

Harri nodded her eyebrows furrowed in confusion then it hit her, "You don't think?" she asked wide eyed "Surely not..." she trailed off into thought then laughed.

Caysi laughed crazily. " Oh my, that would mean that we would be, well actually I don't really know. If you and Kevin get married, your my cousin, if Elise and Tommy do, then he's my brother, then you would be...oh my ." She giggled.

Harri looked shocked "Well I found Kevin first so he'll have to gracefully step down," she said laughing "But seriously that is far too weird," she said shaking her head "My cousin and your sister..." she repeated, she was in all honesty a little worried about this. She knew how quickly Tommy went through girls and he didn't want the same to happen with Elise.

Harri nodded one eyebrow raised "Very interesting indeed," she said before launching into a fresh set of thoughts. This was very very strange and Harri was finding it hard to get her head around it.

Caysi giggled. " Mhm". Caysi kept on thinking about it. " Well, we would always see each other." She smiled.

Harri laughed and nodded "Yeah I guess we would," she said happily, "Whats your sister like then?" she asked.

Caysi smiled. " She's like me, we look alike, we act alike for the most part." She said.

Harri grinned "Well I think they'll get on fine then," she said happily.

"I guess he's probably like a male version of me!" Harri said laughing, "NO really, He thinks he's funny, gets into a bit of trouble but he's a great boy!" she said, she dropped out the fact he went through girls like wildfire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back