Under The Sun

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Slipping out of the common room, with a blanket and her journal under her arm, Taylor made her way to one of her favourite places in the school. The lake front. It was a perfect day and Taylor wanted to get some writing done. So what better place to do so than down by the lake?

Reaching her destination, the old oak tree which she favoured, Taylor lay out the blanket and lay on her stomach, her head in the shade of the tree, but her legs in the sun, being warmed by the shining heat. She began scribbling down more of the events that had recently taken place. Once again she found the most common name to appear was Knight though.

"Oh. Hey there, Taylor. Nice weather, isn't it?" a voice called out. Tichondrius was in the branches of the trees, looking down at her. Hayate was perched higher up, looking down at both his owner and Taylor. "You're probably wondering why everyone always finds me in trees," he said conversationally, unwrapping a Mars bar. "I sometimes wonder that myself," Tichondrius added, taking a bite of the bar. "Have a Mars bar?" he asked. Without waiting for a response, he tied one to Hayate's leg, who dropped down, flaring his wings to land gently before Taylor.

Taylor was disrupted by a voice. Furrowing her eyebrows, she glanced up to see a boy, she somewhat remembered from her classes. He was a Hufflepuff, if she remembered correctly. She couldnt remember his name though, how had he known hers? "Umm hi?" She said a little wary. "Its lovely weather." She commented, still a little confused. She noticed her eyebrows were still knotted together so she released them and continued looking up at the boy.

He then sent her down a Mars Bar without waiting for her response. "Thanks?" She said, not understanding anything that had just happened. Wanting some form of explanation, she tried. "Uh, who are you?" She smiled awkwardly, not wanting to offend the boy.

"Tichondrius. Tichondrius Illitharis, remember? I may have been away for a while now, but I'm pretty sure I haven't undergone any form changing phases," he said, then paused. "As far as I know, at any rate." Tichondrius climbed down the tree quickly, the branches barely shaking at his touch. Brushing off imaginary leaves, he tilted his head at her. "You don't remember, do you. We had some classes together, back in the first semester."

Taylor shut her journal as the boy came down to the ground. Tichondruis? She remembered that name now. It was one of the more distinctive ones. She looked up at him, when he mentioned classes and she smiled and nodded. "Yeah I remember you now, we havnt properly met though. Im Taylor, as your remember so well." She smiled and held out her hand. A proper introduction would be nice. Taylor had to admit she was somewhat surprised the boy had remembered her name. It wasnt often people remembered her of all people, if Tichondrius hadnt mentioned his name, Taylor was sure she wouldnt have had a clue who he was.

"Tichondrius Illitharis," he said again, grasping her hand lightly, bowing and brushing the back of her hand with his lips. Releasing her hand, he turned back to gaze out at the lake, the wind blowing gently at his silvery hair. "What're you doing out here?" he asked, turning back to her. Tichondrius caught sight of the open book and pen, and added, "Writing your diary?"

Taylor couldnt stop the slight blush as Tichondrius bowed. She smiled when he returned to full height. He then asked what she was doing and Taylor dragged the book so it was positioned next to her on the ground. "Maybe." She said slyly, looking sideways at the boy. "Were you out here for a reason, or just climbing trees?" She let a chuckle escape her.

Tichondrius laughed, the sound tinkling across the lake. "Climbing trees, mostly. With the right preparations, or force of habit, napping in trees can be quite fun." He whistled sharply, and stretched out his hand for Hayate to land. "No, seriously. I was just letting Hayate out. He doesn't like being cooped up, and frankly if I were a hawk, neither would I. I take the opportunity to sleep while he plays around. Or hunts."

Taylor laughed along with the boy. Still seated on the floor, she looked out at the lake. It really was beautiful, it was no wonder why she enjoyed it here so much. Taylor looked over at the hawk. "He's gorgeous." She said with a grin. Taylor loved animals, she had asked her Mum ages ago if she could get an owl, but she never got around to doing it. She already had enough pets she supposed.

He nodded. "Quite. Was a gift from an old friend of mine. In fact, that friend should be entering Hogwarts come next year," Tichondrius said. He pulled back the sleeve covering his bracelet and showed it to Taylor. "This is from her too." The silver and black crystals glinted in the bright sunlight, reflecting rainbows of colours upon the waters. "Do you have any pets of your own?" Tichondrius asked, covering the bracelet.

Taylor smiled, as a response to Tichondrius's comment about his friend. He then asked if Taylor had pets. "Back home, I have a cat and a horse." She said, missing her pets, but not as much as she missed her family. The end of first year was so close, she couldnt wait to see her parents again.

"Well. It's almost the end of the first year. You'll be able to see your pets soon. And your family too," Tichondrius said, smiling. He himself couldn't wait. He'd recieved a letter from his parents, who said they were on their way to New Zealand, and he'd be able to return to the Azure Drake direct. "Where do you live," he asked absentmindedly, already looking forward to going home.

"Yeah I know, I cant wait." She grinned. "Im in Australia." She said thinking about back home. "How about you?" She looked up at the boy, before letting her eyes fall back to the lake that lay steady in front of her. She couldnt wait to go home, that much was certain, but she knew she would miss Hogwarts too.

"I'm ... Heh. Every where. Currently, the waters outside New Zealand," Tichondrius said, grinning. "My family lives mostly at sea, on a massive ship called the Azure Drake. I grew up there." He couldn't stop grinning as he thought of the memories from living on board the Drake. "It's quite an experience, living on board a ship."

"Wow." Taylor said genuinly amazed the boy lived on a ship. Taylor assumed it would be a lot of fun and definatly an experience. "Sounds awesome actually." She smiled up at Ti.

He laughed. "Not really as fun as it sounds." Tichondrius paused, and considered. "Well, maybe it is. Sometimes. When you're out their in the open seas, its simply just amazing. Although having seafood everyday gets old."

Taylor laughed. "Even so, its different and differents always good." That was true. Taylor loved change and things that werent ordinary. Ordinary equaled boring and boring was just no fun at all. Taylor finally stood up, leaving her journal on the ground. Picking up a stone, she skimmed it acroos the water, creating ripples in the perfect stillness.

He tilted his head back to look at her. "'Different's always good'? You like change, do you?" Tichondrius watched the stone skim across the water, then too picked up a stone and flicked it across the water.

"Yeah I spose I do, although, change is what Im used to. So maybe change is actually not different." Taylor said, although she wasnt sure it made complete sense, shrugging it off, she picked up another stone, throwing it out, but failing, instead the stone plunked into the water with a loud splash.

He watched as she threw a stone into the water. Tichondrius picked up a branch of the floor, examined it, then tossed it aside and began looking for another one. "Change is always different. Change might not always be good, but it is inevitable." He picked up a likely looking branch and began whittling away at it with his dagger.

"Yeah thats true." Taylor said thoughtfully. Eyes scanning the lake, which had once again settled after the rocks had been thrown. She looked over to see Tichondrius cutting at a tree branch with a dagger, she raised her eyebrows in question. "Whatcha' doing?" She asked.

"Whittling," he answered even as he continued to do so. "Be damned if I know why it's called that. I used to call it wood carving, which seems right, but my father is insistent its called whittling, and hammered that lesson into me." Tichondrius paused to rub his head absentmindedly.

Taylor stretched her arms over her head, leaning to one side with a yawn. She then chose to take a seat back on the ground. She looked up at Ti. "You remember things your told when your little. I always remember my Grandad yelling at me not to put my elbows on the table, so now I never do it." She chuckled, thinking back to her Grandad. She didnt see him anymore, Tay guessed it was the situation with her Mum. She didnt think she would miss that family though, they werent the nicest of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back