Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Unyielding Blackthorn Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Okay so this idea just came to me as I RPed Marisol asking about it because she's struggling with classes. So I was wondering, what if Hogwarts actually had tutors for classes, purely for RP purposes. Meaning they don't have to actually tutor someone else, it wouldn't be a new user group or anything BUT it could be a new student club.

Like not everyone could be a tutor, only fourth/fifth years and up maybe?? And perhaps you had to have a certain grade to be considered a tutor as well so you'd have to have been doing lessons for the "title." Again, this wouldn't be a user group change like prefects, but not just "anyone" would be able to be a tutor, but it also isn't as exclusive in the sense that you wouldn't have to be "chosen." Anyone who is good at a certain subject (and maybe has a certain grade) and wants to be a tutor could be one and join the "tutor" student club.

I just figured this could be something fun to RP between students, and perhaps add another student club that doesn't require too much effort, and people can still put it in their member titles? Also this would be rewarding to those who do their character lessons and aren't necessarily prefects, but can still get recognized in the yearbook for taking the time out to do lessons by being in the "tutors" club. :) Idk I hope I'm making sense! ^_^

Thank you for the suggestion. Currently, we aren't allowing clubs to just be made or re-exist. There were far too many clubs that just existed in name with little to no activity before, and we are trying to avoid that happening again. First step is letting an admin know of your interest, so thanks! What you can do now is start RPs related to the things you'd do or like to do if this club were to exist. So, start an RP tutoring a student, find other like minded characters, etc. Personally, I think it'd be a great way for students to put the galleons system in use (though if it becomes a club, you can't charge anymore). ;)

Basically, we have to see that there is activity/interest in something like this from more than just one person. If the idea is active and RPs are flowing, then at some future point, we can revisit the idea of it being an official club and your character leading it since it was your idea.

~Cyndi

"Unofficial" clubs can be created though, right? Like the Adventure club?

That's what I'm suggesting here, so yes. :p . For specific information about your proposed club eventually becoming official (getting a forum area, being listed in the yearbook, tabling at the club fair, etc.) , an admin needs to be aware ahead of time and give an ok. Adventure Club was never going to be a club in that sense, but still obtained admin approval for other reasons.

To add to this idea, I was thinking instead of making a club could we just have some type of mentoring program with the first years that anyone can sign up to? Two or three leaders from say 5-7th year can have their own group of first years (around 4 or 5 depending on how many sign up) and those mentors can show the students around the school and give them advice and the first years could look up to them as their own role model. They wouldn't have to be in the same house either which means the first years are able to make friends in other houses and older years and it could lead to some pretty good plots.

Like a Peer Support group?
I like that idea, though of course we'd have to do it unofficially to begin with. This or next year someone could always post a PD and see how much attention it gets?

Yeah, much like a peer support group!

I don't have any characters who would be eligible to participate but I'll happily start a PD perhaps some time this year if someone would be willing to help :r

Thanks for the clarification and suggestion Cyndi! I like the idea of combinine tutors to be part of the peer support group as Kaye suggested. Perhaps I'll post a PD thread and see if people would be interested in this type of thing to get it started unofficially! :)

Thanks Abby, but would you mind if I started a PD? If you want, one of your characters can be the leader of the whole thing while I OOCly monitor everything :hug:

Hmm to be honest the more I think about it, the more this "peer support group" sounds like Heta Omega/the Brotherhood which already exist. It's open to students of all ages and all houses, and the older ones get to mentor the younger ones and does much of what you're suggesting the peer support group should do. :unsure:

My original suggestion was just for tutoring academically since some characters don't have a problem making friends and getting settled into Hogwarts, but struggle with magic/classes.
I still think tutoring could be a fun idea to RP, it offers more opportunities for older student/younger student interaction; your character can be like "Sorry I can't do this, I have a tutoring session later" type of thing, whether you're the tutor or the tutored; etc) and as Cyndi suggested, we can integrate the galleon system into this. So idk if you still want to be in charge of that but that's what I'm suggesting since I feel like there is already a peer support group type of thing. :correct:

Okay so when I suggested a 'peer support group' I literally meant small groups going off and doing activities that relate to people getting along with others. The groups can be each given something fun so they can make friends and not be so uncomfortable with attending a new school. Also, the groups will be small compared to that of Heta Omega and Brotherhood which would probably be easier to handle ICly. I respect the fact that you believe that those two clubs are very similar to my idea but what about Club Academia? That sounds very similar to your tutoring idea but with being paid to tutor others. But if you want to try your idea instead of mine, go ahead. In the end, it's really all about what the admins think so I truly have no say on what gets out of this.

.....I think you're being unnecessarily defensive lol.
I understood exactly what you meant by your peer support group suggestion and I still think it sounds similar to Heta/Brotherhood. I don't think those clubs are as big as you're making them out to be and breaking off into small groups to do stuff could easily be handled through them as well. So having another club for the same thing seems rather redundant.

And you're right, my suggestion does sound similar to Club Academia! So perhaps instead of trying to start a new club, that one could be revamped and brought back if there was enough interest.

I was just clarifying what I had originally suggested so you were aware of what I meant, and asking if that's still something you wanted to handle since it was not exactly what you were suggesting.

Sorry if I'm coming off slightly rude xD If you're willing to go through with your tutoring idea I will gladly help you if you want. I feel like the peer support group would be much more work than the tutoring and yes, it could possibly fall off the rails like all of the other clubs. Still, I would like the peer support idea to happen if all else fails.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I think the best route forward is putting a PD up and seeing if people would be interested in having tutors, and if that takes off, we can look at the peer support group. There's no saying how active it will be or if it will become a group yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back