Trying To Think

Vanessa Parker

Vanessa was just sitting and looking at the sparkling lake. She was hoping she wouldn't find enemies, but she didn't want to find friends at the moment. She was deep in thought, not paying any attention to anything in the real world. Vanessa was relaxed and happy for the moment. She didn't want anyone to interrupt her trail of thought, especially not a mean person. Vanessa was thinking about friends and a lot of other things that had gone on. She was so busy thinking that she didn't notice someone approaching.

Nia had to get out of the castle, there was far too much noise and distractions. This had to be Nia's third attempt in a row to get away from everyone and just have some peace and quiet so she could have time to think. Feeling the warm summer sun on her skin Nia began to feel more relaxed, much nicer than the cold dungeons.

Nia could only think of one place to go right now, the lakefront, the one place she loved to go to get some quiet time. Unfortunately other people seemed to think the same as Nia approached the lakefront she saw someone sitting in her favourite spot. Glaring at the person Nia decided she wasn't going to be Miss. Nice Slytherin any more. Walking up the person she placed her hands on her hips, "You're in my spot!" she stated, waiting for the girl to move.

Vanessa snapped out of her thinking and said, "Sorry, I didn't know this spot was yours. I won't sit here again." She found a spot about 10 feet away so she could keep an eye on this girl. She seemed like the type to snap at anything, and she wanted to know if she was the only target of this girl. Without turning to look at her, she kept her ears open. She had very good hearing. She was still admiring the sparkling water, or trying to at least. The view from her new spot was amazingly... bad. Trying not be bothered by the snapping of this girl, she went back to thinking, hoping that the girl would be happy now that she had her spot back and wouldn't bother her anymore.

Nia was surprised at how quickly the girl gave in a moved from Nia's spot. It wasn't even really her spot but she liked how she was able to get the best view of the lake from there. Shrugging she sat down and stretched out her legs, glad she was finally getting some quiet time. Feeling as though someone was looking at her Nia sat up again and glared at the girl who she had moved from her spot moments ago. "Have you got a problem?" she asked the girl, despise clear in her voice.

Vanessa decided that this girl knew that she was listening to her. "Not doing anything, but I'll move farther away if you want." She already knew that she did, so Vanessa moved farther away. She'll snap at me if she sees me at all, she thought. Better just move where she can't see me. She went to an ok spot, but it wasn't as good as the spot she had originally sitting in. Vanessa went back to her thinking, trying not to feel like this girl was watching her every move, ready to snap at her any moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back