OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Kaia did not come to the lake often, but when she did she made sure she wasn't surrounded by annoying shouts from younger students or at least having her drawing notebook with her. Right now though, she didn't have anything with her and the Ravenclaw regretted it. Although at the very least she could enjoy the view. She had been studying so much lately that strangely enough for Kaia, she was beginning to get bored. She wondered how she hadn't seen her best friend in ages, this entire semester in fact. She was missing him too. The third year sighed, sitting down against a tree close to the water and hugged her knees. She closed her eyes to enjoy the wind and she began to relax, she realised how tense she'd been these past few weeks. Kaia opened her eyes a little irritated, she hadn't slept much the previous night and really wanted her peace. But someone had interrupted her peace. She rolled her eyes, declaring, "can you seriously be any louder?" She glanced up and her eyes widened as she realised who it was. "I mean- Flavio?" She guessed, squinting her eyes. Kaia recognised him from the common room and from some of her classes from previous years. She cleared her throat embarrassingly. "Sorry about that," she apologised referring to her earlier outburst.

Flavio's entire life as of late had involved studying, studying and more studying. It was all because he wanted to achieve well, make his family and himself proud of everything he had learned during the year, and to ensure that he had a bright future ahead of him. Though even such important motivations weren't enough when he had studied all day, everyday, for a week and the notes he had written down began to look like gibberish that became more incoherent every time he turned a page. That was a sign more than anything that his mind craved a break and despite his better judgement begging him to continue being productive, Flavio had decided to listen to the sign and give himself a break. He headed to the lakefront to feed the ducks and used the calmness of his surroundings to drown out every thought of the exams that still lingered in his head.

Simply being outside instead of cooped up in the library was enough to make him feel like himself again but it didn't make him stop and head back inside. He continued forward and arrived to the lakefront, whistling cheerfully while shaking the bag of birdseed in his hands. The environment was so peaceful that Flavio had not noticed he wasn't alone until someone piped up, asking if he could be louder. The outburst surprised him but he didn't flinch, and instead turned around to see a girl he recognized from his year sitting against a nearby tree. It seemed she recognized him too when she said his name and later apologized. Flavio shook his head. "No, I am sorry for interrupting." He responded. "your name is Kaia, right? I came here to feed the ducks, I hope you do not mind." He looked out to the lake, spying the group of ducks in the distance before looking back to the other Ravenclaw and adding. "I can be more quiet if you like."
<i>
</i>

Kaia sent Flavio another apologetic smile, not having meant what she said. To be fair she hadn't expected anyone else to be here, although there was plenty of space everywhere in the castle for everyone. "Yes, that's right," she told him when he guessed her name. At least she wasn't completely invisible to her classmates, although she was the quiet one. "No of course! I don't mind. And you don't have to be so quiet, I wasn't expecting anyone else to be here, that's all." She glanced at the water, then back at her housemate who was feeding the ducks. "So do you do this often, feed the ducks?" she asked him, curious to know because she'd never met anyone who actually did it. Besides her adoptive grandmothers, but she expected them to, they both loved animals, which was kind of weird, but cool.
<i>
</i>

Flavio sighed with contempt as Kaia confirmed her name and then said it was alright if he fed the ducks. Really he was going to feed the ducks regardless if she wanted him to. The lakefront was a big place and he was sure he could find a spot far away enough from her to be quiet. Though it was a relief to hear that she did not mind the noise or his presence at the lakefront that day. As Kaia asked if he fed the ducks often he simply nodded, looking back towards the lake and then back to her before he spoke. "I used to feed the ducks often. Now I only feed them when I need to think and when I miss home." He admitted a little too honestly than he would have wanted, but he wasn't ashamed or bothered to admit how important feeding ducks was to his life. It was more or less what people in his and Kaia's year knew him for if they did not know him better and there was nothing wrong with being kind to animals, at least from Flavio's perspective. After a short silence fell Flavio cleared his throat before asking "Would you like to feed the ducks with me?" and wondering if Kaia would mind the offer. As she was alone when he arrived he assumed she wanted to stay that way. But he also assumed there would be no harm in asking if she wanted to join him. It was only polite after all, they were in the same house and barely spoken more than a few words to each other during the years but it was never to late to attempt to get to know someone.
<i>
</i>

Kaia could not help but smile when Flavio confirmed he fed the ducks often. She didn't exactly know what to say as he told her that whenever he did do this it was because he missed home, she could relate to him saying when he needed to think. But Kaia had two homes now, and she was beginning to miss her sister more the longer she was here, she hoped it wouldn't be too long until Aubrielle would be sorted. "I like to find a quiet space in the garden when I need to clear my thoughts," she told her housemate, since he shared a bit of information about himself and Kaia only found it fair. What was odd was that she missed talking to someone nowadays. So this was nice. And when he asked if she wanted to feed the ducks with him, she nodded. "Sure." She figured if she was going to go somewhere with getting to know others, especially those in her year, she might as well join Flavio and see if feeding ducks was an activity she'd actually enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back