'Truth will out'

Natasha Bell

OOC First Name
Mika
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Natasha wandered up to the owlary, wondering if she should send a letter to her parents. She walked up the many flights of stairs, wondering why on earth there were so many stairs. Her black hair was tied up, and she had shoved a glittery blue denim cap on top. Her blue jeans were brand new, adn her rainbow t-shirt was as Natasha=like as ever.

She went up the last few steps, and looked aorund at all the owls. One looked exactly like her mother owl.... She walked over to it, and looked at the owl. It was Delani's! She made crooning noises, as she held out her hand, to take the letter it was holding. "Silly bird, you're supposed to deliver the letters to the Great Hall, not here." she murmered, reading her name on the envelope.

Nazza opened the letter, and read it, Delani's curly writing so unlike Natasha's own. The first sentence was enough for Natasha to think someting was terribly wrong.

My dearest Natasha,

This is hard for me to tell you this, as we have never kept secrets from one another.
But you are twelve now, and that is actually earlier than the age I promised to tell you at. It was supposed to be thirteen, a few mothes away. Christmas wouldn't be the best time to tell you this...
I am not your mother, your mother died when she gave birth to you. Both of you.

You have a sister somewhere. I do not know where, or if she is even has magical abilities. Your mother was my sister, older by several years. James is your cousin, born the same day as you; same day, same hosipital.

Your sister was... taken, and I hate myself for it, and I do not expect you to forgive me.

- Delani

Natasha felt hot tears pricking in her eyes, and she slid to the floor of the owlary. Why did all the bad things happen to her? She had a sister? Charlotte and James were her cousins? She was shocked, and hurt. Why did this happen to her?

Why?

Vivienne walked up to the owlery, letter in hand, ready to send off to her parents. She tied it to the leg of an owl, and let it fly out of the window. Just as she turned to go back to her common room, she noticed someone sitting in the opposite corner of the owlery, slumped on the floor. They looked as if they were crying. Vivienne didn't want to pry, as she knew how embarassing it was for people to see her crying, but she felt seeing if they were ok was the right thing to do.

"Hey.. are you ok..? What's wrong? If it's private just tell me and I won't bother you.." Vivienne said quietly.

Natasha wiped her tears with her sleeve, as she heard a voice. "Mnnf." she murmered, before looking up at the girl. She knew that this girl was a Hufflepuff, she wondered what her name was... Even though she had paid attention during the sorting, she couldn't remember this girl's name. "I'm fine." she said automatcaly, her responce for everything.

She didn't look fine; her eyes were puffy and red from crying, and a tear was slowly rolling down her pale cheek. When Natasha cried, it did not look pretty. Red looked awefully visible on her porcelain skin. She half-heartedly passed the letter to the Hufflepuff girl, not trusting her voice.

Vivienne took the letter slowly, unsure if it was right for her to read it. She opened it, reading it slowly. After a few moments of silence, Vivienne spoke. "Wow.. I uhh.. wow.." She didn't know what else to say. Obviously she couldn't say, 'I know how you feel, poor you.' because she honestly didn't. Vivienne had lived a nice life, in a nice house, with a nice family. There was never any drama like this. Coming to Hogwarts had made her understand how privileged she really was. "Wow, Natasha, I don't know what to say.. Did you just get this letter now?"

Natasha managed a weak smile. "Mmm." she muttered, while Vivienne read the letter. "Yeah, just a few minutes ago. she said softly. She felt like she had been betrayed, and there wasn't anything she could do. Natasha wanted to curl up into a hole and die. But as she was a Hufflepuff, dying was out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back