Trapped

Blair Petrescu

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
The constant thought gripped Blair's mind, of the fight that she had, had with Hyo-rin. It was hard to relate to Hyo-rin, when the girl's mood changes every second. She had never wanted this. And know she was trapped, there was no safety, no knowledge of hope. Nothing. The last time she had seen Hyo-rin was when she spied the girl going into the dueling hall.These were conscious fears. Hyo-rin hadn't told her what she was doing and who she was fighting. Not that it was any of her business.

Blair flashed her hand in front of her face, spotting the chips in her perfectly smoothed violet nails. Damn she thought, removing them from sight. She wanted to apologize to Hyo-rin, for everything she had done to her. She knew she wasn't the best, best friend in the world. She yanked at the strips of her dark blue hoody. Pacing up and down the passageway she had found herself in.

Blair continued to wonder down the hallways, heading towards the dungeons. She ran a hand through her jet black hair, her dark blue hoody clinging to her hips.

The boy moved along the constant gloom of the place like a shadowy phantom, he was perfectly snug in the darkness that constantly surrounded the place; the occasional candlelight put his features in sharp relief, his emotionless face drifting along endlessly.

Finally, he paused, noting a girl in the dungeons that he did not recognize.

"I haven't seen you in the Common." Was the lazy voice that drifted out of the gloom of the dungeons; Henric stepped into view slowly, his perfectly parted black hair seemed at home in the darkness. "That means you're not Slytherin." Henric added softly, his footsteps resounding throughout the brick-layered gloom like a ghostly echo. "And it's quite rare to see someone not Slytherin in this place. Why are you here and who might you be then?" Henric questioned quietly, a little smile imprinted on his face.

Blair stopped walking and closed her eyes for a moment. This could not be happening! She recognized the voice, the exact one she heard in the train when she bumped into him. Blair bit her lip. And out of all people, he was there at the dungeons with her and she was in the Dungeons out of all places. And that meant she could not run away from wherever she was standing. Blair breathed in and out, hoping he didn't notice her. But what could she do? He was talking to her this very minute. Blair closed her eyes.

"I have the right to walk anywhere i want," she replied, her eyes still closed. She didn't want to look at his face. "Name's Blair," she added.

Henric nodded slightly, twirling his wand in his hand almost threateningly; he waved the thing in his hands like it was a toy, though he seemed to do it with an air of ability. "Lee, Henric Lee. Nice to meet you." His sharp eyes flickered to her own, and affixed them onto her own eyes in the candlelight. As if he was boring into her mind and dragging out her deepest thoughts, he closed his eyes again and tapped his lips in thought. "I've heard your voice before, somewhere. Have we met?"

His voice was cold and laced with venom as he addressed her, though he was smiling all the time.

A voice sounded behind him, impossibly close. "Play nice now, Henric." Tichondrius said. His eyes flickered towards Blair, noticed her shut eyes, posture and could almost feel the sadness coming off her in waves. His eyes narrowed momentarily, before recovering, his face set in a pleasant smile that failed to reach his eyes.

"Oh hello." Henric repied smoothly, smiling silently at the newcomer. For a moment his brows furrowed, eyes travelling to his orbs and locking onto them, then the uncomfortable sensation of having your eyes being directly stared at. For a moment, he pondered over the newcomer's name, then exclaimed softly, "Tichondrius." He waved his hand airily in the air for a moment, "Your name is really hard to grasp - has anyone told you that, frankly it is." There were no friendly vibes from him, though his smile was plastered on his face as usual. "I thought I was being nice to Blair."

Tichondrius chuckled, though it sounded hollow and cold in the dungeon. "Quite a few have, actually. So for convinience's sake, you may call me Ti." He met Henric's gaze steadily. "Well, from my point of view Henric, if a person were really playing nice, he wouldn't, for example, wave his wand around in his hand. See?" He turned up his empty hands. "My hands are empty whilst I'm talking to you; that's playing nice."

He pondered over this for a moment, all the while twirling his wand; then without warning, his wand stopped spinning. And in a flash of light, a shower of sparks moved forward to the dim candle behind Tichondrius, singing the air next to him with a little burning smell. With a brief smile at Tichondrius, Henric left his wand in his pocket. "It was getting dark." He said with a brief smile at him, the suddenly fierce light from the candle throwing his gloomily lit features into full-blown appearance; his angled brows were narrowed downwards and his eyes reflected the burning light of the candle. "I thought she looked rather lost."

Tichondrius never flinched as the sparks came close to singeing him. "Indeed, it was. Thanks for lighting the dungeon." His eyes flickered again towards Blair and back. "She doesn't look lost to me. Rather, since she found her way here, I would think she knows her own way out, Henric." His own smile had never once faltered, and the tension in the air was almost palpable.

"I usually like to be helpful to my fellow students." Henric commented lightly, his arms now folded. His features were skilfully woven, and they were completely artificial; though they bore that simple note of genuine emotion that made it all so real. "You should know, I did help you on the Express as well; there's a certain joy to it." He bowed his head politely for a moment, and his eyes flickered golden once as the candlelight passed his eye.

"And for that I am grateful to you. Nevertheless, you should really try helping your fellow ... students ... in a less intimidating and threatening manner. If you don't you could really be mistaken for trying instead to waylay them, or worse, rather than your original, noble intention." Tichondrius said, nonchalantly rotating his wrist.

Henric raised his head, his permanently affixed smile still bearing it's usual cold venom and light genuine touch. "Being misunderstood is human nature. You get used to it." He inclinced his head towards Blair, with a slight smirk at the corner of his lips worthy of a serial killer. "But since she has company now, I do not need to help her along, do I? Goodbye." With a sweep of his feet, he disappeared into the darkness of the dungeons, the light tapping of his feet along the cold cobbled floor resounding throughout the air; till it finally faded to naught.

Tichondrius' eyes followed Henric out of sight, then sighed. Turning to the girl ... Blaire, Henric had said her name was ... he asked her, "Are you alright?" His voice was now fiilled with geniune concern.

Blair was about to answer Henric's question when she was interrupted by another boy, which she could clearly see, had developed some kind of mutual hate for Henric. Blair sighed. She just wanted a walk in the dungeons, and not being in some stupid childish fight. She watched as Henric walked away, and Blair sighed at the thought that she had to be thankful to the boy next to her. It was because of him that Henric guy was gone. And Blair wasn't good at her thank-yous at all.

"Yes, i'm feeling way much better now. Thanks for you help," Blair replied, with a small smile.

[[Can i join?]]
Kate had got fed up of the common room and so had decided to go around the school again. She walked around and got to the dungeons. Hearing voices, she went down cautiously. They sounded rather cold and icey voices so she took her caution. When she realised that they were 1st years, she relaxed and turned a corner to see a boy vanishing from sight. There was also a girl who looked a lot like Bia and a boy in Hufflepuff who she couldn't remeber his name for her life. Sighing at her feeble attempts to remeber it she smiled at them both and asked, "Are you both OK? I heard raised voices. Blair? What happened. None of you are hurt are you. I saw sparks from a wand." She asked in a concerned way. Blair looked a lot like Bia and Bia had spoken about her a couple of times. Remebering that she may not know who Kate was, Kate explained. "I am sorry to interupt like that. Your Bia's sister right? I am Kate Johnson, one of her best friends. Well, at leats, she is one of mine!" She said calmly.

Tichondrius smiled. "No, no one's hurt. I'm fine, and Blair says she's fine." He ran his hand through his hair, the wand hidden up his sleeve pressing slightly into his arm. I need to adjust the holster's position, he thought. I wonder how long till I can lay hands on a sturdy enough piece of wood too. Softly under his breath, without moving his lips and only loud enough for Blair to hear, he said,"There are better places to be alone then in the dungeons." Then he smiled and said to the newcomer, "I don't believe I've seen you before? I'm Tichondrius Illitharis, but you can just call me Ti."

"I see. Well then, in that case, I hope that you will take good care of me," he said, smiling at her.

Blair smiled at the older girl who had joined them. "Yes I'm Bianca's sister. Its nice to finally meet you Kate, Bianca told me so much about you," Blair replied honestly. She then turned to Tichondrius when she heard what he said to her. "The dungeons seemed rather interesting," she whispered back with a smile. "So you two are Hufflepuffs? Cool," Blair added.

"I'd say the same thing except I'm a year one here as well, with about as much knowledge about this place as you. I was actually on my way to the gardens. I must've taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way," Tichondrius laughed. "Personally, I'd pick the owlery. Gets pretty quiet there since your only companions are usually asleep," he whispered again.

Blair nodded thoughtfully, wondering if Owlery was a good place. She had been there once or twice, and the owls did seem a little agitated when she was around. Perhaps they were quiet when Tichondrius was around, or perhaps something about her scared the owls. Blair sighed. "Oh," she whispered back, with a small smile.

"Well. In any case, we should get out of here. I dislike gloomy places like this," Tichondrius said, as Kate left. "Making friends with the owls can help pass time too, and it can be pretty relaxing," he said as he passed her on his way out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back