To Tutor Is To Help.

Remus Firn

Wand
Ebony / Kingwood Wand 14" Essence of Chimaera Scale
Remus walked down the hallway with his books tucked under his arms and his black robes flowing behind him. The blackness in his hair had vanished now, the dye had come out and he was back to Old Remus. Entering the Library and placed his books to one of the booth tables, Remus slid his body onto the seat and looked at some of the books he had brought. Andromeda had asked him to tutor her, and he hadn't planned on forgetting, he had just hoped she hadn't. To ensure she would arrive he took the liberty of sending her a note so that she knew where to attend Exactly. Usually Remus would want something like this held in his office, but not today he had paper work every where and quite a lot of detentions lips to be possibly handing out.

Browsing through some of the items he had concealed among his robe, he removed a piece of parchment which was rolled into a scroll. Placing it to the table and unrolling it, he browsed the words, some of the things he had taken the time to write up about transfiguration itself. He scanned his fingers along the lines reading some of the things he had expanded onto with detail that was less explained in the book. Sliding it across the table to be on the same pile as the books he had brought in, he sighed as he awaited his student to appear within the walls of the library itself.

Andy rushed out of History of Magic and nearly skidding on the corridor ran as fast as her legs could carry her up the stairs to the fourth floor. She had earlier recieved word from Professor Firn about where and when he would be tutoring her and she certainly didn't want to let him down. Straightening her uniform outside the library she made sure she was some bit presentable as she entered.

It didn't take her long till she spotted him at a table with a pile of books stacked obviously for their session, she walked over quietly so as not to disturb anyone else.
"Good afternoon sir" she smiled taking a seat and placing her freshly repaired bag on the table.
"I hope I'm not late, History of Magic ran just slightly over."

Remus looked at the clock that sat in the Library before a voice emerged, Andromeda had arrived. Remus smiled as she came around, "Ah See, Beautiful first impression for out session, Using 'Sir'." he smiled to her, it showed respect and he liked that, something he had to ask most to use, "Good Afternoon, Andromeda and you need not worry about being late, I understand that some of the History of magic teachers need not wish to shut up." he smirked slightly. holding back a brief chuckle. Shifting his eyes over at the book at his side, and then looking back at Andromeda he pondered for a moment, "Well, Considering this is our first session, I'd like you to make note for me of What exactly you require aid with, What spells what theoretic work, and so forth." he said to her in his deep voice, and the velvety part of it flowing smoothly. He skimmed his eyes over her bag for a moment noticing it was repaired, "Good to see thats fixed, We don't want ..." winking to imply what he meant, "Falling out again.

"Alright then," began Remus as he clicked his fingers to reveal a quill and ink on the table, "You can use that to write down the information for this evening, I don't want you to waste your Ink in our sessions, i can supply things like Ink and Quills unless for a certain reason you like to use your own?" he questioned looking at her, he didn't mind, he was just trying to allow her to save up on some ink for her other classes.

Andy noticed the difference in her professors appearance but didn't want to mention it, thought it would be extremely rude to do so. She really did think he behave quite differently outside of the class but as the rumour mill had been galloping about the school in relation to his having shot himself, Andy who usually ignored that type of thing whenever possible could only now wonder if it was any cause for the drastic change in him.

She took the parchment and quill he offered her and the dipped it into the quill.
"Thank you sir, that's very kind of you but to be honest sir, it's alright. I bought plenty of extra ink this semester because I wanted to be prepared for extra work and more indepth homework assignments. I do appreciate it though" actually she thought it more than decent of him, he was after all doing her a huge favour as it was with tutoring her.

She wrote down the few things she always had a problem with and hoped he wouldn't laugh at her for it as she pushed the parchment his way.

The rules on the restriction of transfiguration
the rules mainly regarding animate to inanimate

and changing animate to inanimate.

Remus nodded as she thanked him for the offer to use his Quill, "It's not a problem." he smiled briefly. Waiting for her to finish writing down what she wished to look into during these tutor sessions, he browsed up and down the Isles at his side, where books lay within. Drifting his eyes back toward Andromeda, as he noticed the sound of paper sliding. Remus looked down to the Parchment that was now in front of him and placed his finger onto one corner of the parchment so it was held down. Look up and down the parchment, he noticed some of the types of Transfiguration Studies. "Mm," he began, "Alright, Well for today, judging by these... I'll give you a run through of the Rules and restrictions of Transfiguration, Yes?" he questioned looking at her as he grabbed one of the books and opened it to page three hundred, placing it in front of Andromeda. "I'll go into some more Depth once you give that a thorougher read through." Remus spoke clearly.
The Rules and Restrictions of Transfiguration

Transfiguration is best known as the branch of magic that allows you to transform one object into another object. However, even this branch of magic has its limitations. Certain objects are un-charmable, un-transfigurable, and displaced from the realm of any sorts of magic that humans can muster. What occurs when a witch or wizard attempts magic on said objects is called Clashing Magic.

Have you ever actually heard of a wizard transfiguring a book into a dragon? The fact remains that such transfiguration is impossible to do. Creatures like phoenixes, manticores, and dragons are magical creatures; attempting to transfigure them into another object or any object into one of them will always fail.

When a witch or wizard attempts to cast a transfiguration or charm on a magical creature, 'the' clash occurs (Clashing Magic). Our human magic collides with the magic of the creature and become null and void. The spell will fail. A similar problem arises when a witch or wizard attempts to transfigure a magical creature into something else, either magical or not. In the case of attempting to transfigure a phoenix into, say, a non-magical rooster, this cannot be done since the phoenix's magic cannot be taken out of the creature.

Despite the fact that magic Beings have resigned to considering magical creature transfiguration impossible, the Ministry continues to do mild research on the subject.

Remus awaited for Andromeda to finish reading the page, "Now if you need any more Information on that i can go into some more detail, If not then let me know." he nodded to her, once she had finished reading. Looking over the table and the notes that she had given him prior, he looked back up, "I think we will cover the others on another session, Unless you fully understand the first topic." Remus said firmly.

Andy took the book he passed to her, politely thanking him before looking at the page he indicated. Her head swam with the concept of clashing magic. This was the first time she ever recalled being taught that but it seemed to make perfect sense to her. Which considering the subject amazed her greatly. She finished reading and looked from the book to the professor in awe.
"I never knew that" she said as she began to look quizzical wondering now about something, "Sir, it mainly refers to magical creatures but say you had a book or a ... piece of jewellery that wasn't necessary magical but had previously been charmed, can these then be transfigured into other things? Would the prior magics used on them become void then?"

She hoped the question wasn't lame or anything but she seriously wanted to get the entire concept of this down fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back