To Be Back

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor returned to one of her favourite places in Hogwarts, finding it oddly strange to be back at the place that was beginning to feel like home, but was so far from it. She set down on the grass, wishing she could be back with her family. She tucked her knees under her chin and hugged her legs close to her. Her Mum was going through a difficult time and Taylor just wanted to be there for her. It was hard to stay away when someone you care so much about is in so much pain. Taylor shook her head to rid her mind of the thoughts, her Father had told her not to make it her problem, Mel was strong and could get through this. Taylor just wanted her Mum to be happy, surely she was aloud to worry?

Toni had just been up in the Slytherin dorm trying on the whole new wardrobe that her parents had gotten her for the holidays, dress after dress after skirt after top, Toni tried on everything before she slipped a short black skirt and a white top on with a black belt around the waist. Simple enough outfit for simple enough day.

To spend the rest of the day Toni decided to go outside. Walking along the lakefront remembering all the memories that she had already created here she noticed Taylor sitting on the grass looking almost sad. Usually Toni wasn't caring but lately she seemed to be changing slightly caring a bit more about people that were worthy. Even at first when Toni met Taylor Toni didn't find Taylor close to worthy of her time but now, it seemed different.

Sitting down next to Taylor, Toni remained silent for a moment. "So I am totally going to shock you right now and be completely out of character but.." Toni paused before starting again. "Are you ok?" She asked looking over at Taylor out of the corner of her eyes.

Taylor was shocked out of her thoughts when Toni sat next to her, she glanced over at her, but said nothing for a long time. She let her attention fall back to the lake in front of her and she rested her chin on her raised knees. Toni spoke after some time and in fact it did shock Taylor a little at her words. Taylor let a light laugh fall from her lips. Not a strong laugh, but it was genuine. "Yeah I'll be ok." She said softly, glad she had someone to distract her at least. She wasnt meant to be worrying about her Mum. "Just thinking about stuff." She said with a shrug, lifting her chin off her knees to look at Toni. "What brings you to the lake?" She asked.

Toni smiled slightly as Taylor spoke. Maybe Toni was going soft, hopefully not. With everyone else up against her going soft would never ever be an option. "What are you thinking about?" Toni wondered bringing her knees up to her chest and wrapping her arms around them as well.

"But I had already tried on all my clothes that I got from the holidays so I thought I would go out and spend the rest of the day outside" Toni explained realizing that it was quite odd that Toni wanted to spend sometime outside. The outdoors were something that Toni hated but as this year progressed, Toni was starting to find it a good place to find her extra time.

"Im just worried about my Mum." She said, not sure whether she wanted to talk about it. Maybe she would feel better if she did. If Toni asked she would probably tell her, but she wasnt sure if she could be the first one to say it. Taylor nodded when Toni answered her question. "Did you have a good holiday?" She wondered. Did Toni go home or stay at the school? Taylor forgot what she had said, if she actually even said it at Sam's birthday.

Toni thought back to Taylor's birthday party when she had met Taylor's mother. Things seemed ok back then, did Toni miss something that was going on. "Is something wrong with your mother?" Toni asked curiously not knowing why she suddenly cared so much. Really Toni didn't care too much about family in general, her family mostly but that dislike for her own family usually lead to her dislike of others parents and siblings.

Thinking back to the holiday, a smile formed on Toni's face rather bright. Her eyes almost sparkled as she thought about her holiday with Beau. "The holiday was great" Toni said trying not to let too many of her emotions out. Showing off so many emotions was never something Toni did in front of just anyone. "I stayed at the school spent most of the holiday in the Slytherin common room" Toni smiled not saying any more about it. Taylor could ask or fill in the pieces on her own. "Did you have a good holiday?" Toni wondered.

Taylor nodded her head, "Yeah, just some stuff going on. I shouldnt be worrying about it but its hard not to." She said honestly. She didnt really want to bother Toni with her family situations, Taylor didnt think she would be interested, instead Taylor looked back at Toni with a small smile. "Yeah my holiday was good actually." She said with another nod and a glance out across the lake. She had loved flying around her backyard on her new Nimbus 2001 with her Dad, there had been nothing better than to sit down with the whole family and have meals. With her Mum staying at her Dads place, they could all be together. It had been nice.

"Why in the common room?" Taylor raised an eyebrow. "The look on your face says there is someone you spent it with." She laughed lightly. Taylor realised she hadnt spoken with Toni in a while, only seen her with everyone else, she didnt know what was going on with her. The last time they had spoke, she was still caught in the love triangle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back