Hetrosexual
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Core - Tail of Charmed Newt
Full Name: Thomas Ethan Smith
- Birth Date: 14 May 2011
- Current Age: 11
- Basic Appearance: Short brown hair. Brown eyes. Medium height. Thin
- Parents:
Simon Smith (Mixed Blood): (Deceased) Simon was a graduate of Hogwarts Scotland. When in Hogwarts he was in Gryffindor and became a Prefect and Head Boy.He obtained a job in the Ministry shortly after graduating. He worked in the Magical Law Office and after a few years became and Auror. When Thomas turned 8 his died whilst on an undercover mission
Joséphine (Thomas) Smith (Muggleborn): Joséphine is a graduate of Beaubaxtons. When in Beaubaxtons she was a Prefect. After graduating she travelled for a year. She met my father when she got a job in the British Ministry of Magic as a receptionship.

After a few years of dating they got married and moved to New Zealand with my fathers work. A year later they had me.

- Siblings, if any: No, my fathered dies before they could have anymore
- Pets, if any: No, but I'm hoping to get one in Hogwarts
- Area of Residence: Nelson, New Zealand
- Blood status: Mixed Blood

- Hogwarts House (And why): Hopefully Ravenclaw
- Best school subjects (And why): Not sure yet
- Worst school subjects (And why): Noy sure yet

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? Owl
- What would their Boggart be? His fathers dead body
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) Raven
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? His family, father included
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? Getting my acceptace letter

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:
14 May 2021 said:
Hey,

Well today has been a weird one. First of all this morning during breakfast when I was opening some birthday presents an unfamiliar owl came to the house, with my acceptance letter to Hogwarts New Zealand. How did I not know about this?!? I was so angry at mum, keeping this from me for so long. She toldme that I wasn't able to go to Wizard School because there was none near by. Turns out she didn't want me to be associated with magic because that's how dad was killed. When she mentioned dad she started to cry. I suppose it's understandable, today been his 5th Anniversary and all.

I'm going to see if she can tell me anymore news, report back later.

Tom.

Neat character!

So, how does Thomas cope with his father's death? Does he get depressed or angry? Does he acknowledge his father's death at all?

How is his relationship with his mom?

Is there a particular reason he wants a pet or does he just want one for the sake of having one?

Does Thomas have any quirks or habits like chewing his fingernails when he's nervous or bored, or cracking his fingers, etc?

Why was getting his acceptance letter such an amazing memory that he might be able to produce a Patronus from it?

Thank you ^_^

So, how does Thomas cope with his father's death? Does he get depressed or angry? Does he acknowledge his father's death at all?
Thomas, after 5 years, has learned to deal with his father's death. At first he would get slightly depressed, but never angry. Seeing as his father's death is the day of Thomas' birthday, it is hard for him not to acknowledge his father's death.

How is his relationship with his mom?
Thomas and his mother get on very well. She has been his best friend and his mentor all of his life. But he did get very upset with her keeping him from magic for most of his life, but he understands why, and has forgotten about it.

Is there a particular reason he wants a pet or does he just want one for the sake of having one?
Thomas didn't have a normal childhood, he never had friends and never had a pet. He saw all the muggle children playing with their pets so he wants one to feel like a normal child.

Does Thomas have any quirks or habits like chewing his fingernails when he's nervous or bored, or cracking his fingers, etc?
Nothing like that. But when he has a great emotion, (angry, sadness, happiness) he either writes in his journal or a short story, highlighting that emotion.

Why was getting his acceptance letter such an amazing memory that he might be able to produce a Patronus from it?
Because for all of his life he was told he would be able to attend a magic school, even though he was a wizard. So when he got the acceptance letter from HNZ he was over joyed that was finally going to have the opportunity to attend a magic school.

Hi Thomas! Welcome to HNZ, I've got a few questions for you xD Anyway, just go ahead and answer them, miss some out if you feel like it, so long as you think about them. Feel free to answer them either OOC or IC. I've worded them as in character questions, but feel free to ignore this.

Was your father away from home a lot when he was alive? How was your relationship with him? According to your diary entry, your father died on your birthday.

Did the 'uncover mission' involve death eaters?

Does your mother currently work? If so, what as? If not, how does she keep you up?

Is your mother seeing anyone at the moment? If not, will she be lonely when you head off to Hogwarts?

Were you homeschooled as a child?

You were 8 when your father died, yet 'my fathered dies before they could have anymore'. Were they trying for eight years? Or did they just want a break?

Are your grandparents a part of your life? What about aunties/uncles/cousins?

Do you get on well with other people - even though you didn't have many friends? Was this just because of a lack of opportunities to meet them?

Why is your patronus an owl?

Why is your animagus a raven?

- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? His family, father included
Does this mean you miss your father a lot? ((I know you have answered a similar question already but you didn't say whether you actually missed him.))

Why did your mother keep her maiden name when she was married?

Did your parents have a happy relationship?

Is it a coincedence that your first name is the same as your mother's surname? =P

How would you define 'short' brown hair? And medium height? And thin? Are you really, really thin; or just slim?

Is your mother French? If so, does she speak it? Do you?

Where was your father from?

Wow, did I get enough?
^_^

:huh: Wow yeah I think you have enough :p Thanks anyway Lemina. I'll try my best.

Was your father away from home a lot when he was alive? How was your relationship with him? According to your diary entry, your father died on your birthday.
Father was away most of the time. Been an Auror he had a hefty work load most of the time. Me and my father got on very well and I looked up to him a lot. Yes, my father died on my 8th birthday, it was a sad day doubled with the fact that it was the day he was supposed to be coming home from one of his missions.

Did the 'uncover mission' involve death eaters?
He never talked about his work much but I have my suspicions that it did, although nothing was ever revealed.

Does your mother currently work? If so, what as? If not, how does she keep you up?
No mother doesn't work anymore, she became a stay at home mum, when I was born. We survive on my father's pension money and my mothers parents are very well off and make sure we are OK.

Is your mother seeing anyone at the moment? If not, will she be lonely when you head off to Hogwarts?
No mother doesn't talk to anyone much apart from family and old friends. She won't be staying in out new Zealand home during school term, she is moving back to her parents house.

Were you home-schooled as a child?
Yes. My mother was quite gifted with brains so she home-schooled me, with a mixture of magic and muggle studies. Although, she never thought me how to perfrom spells, just a lot of theroy.

You were 8 when your father died, yet 'my fathered died before they could have anymore'. Were they trying for eight years? Or did they just want a break?
Unfortunately, my mother and father did want another child, but my mother had a few miscarriages very early on in their marriage. And with my father been away for a lot of the time, they were unable to try much.

Are your grandparents a part of your life? What about aunties/uncles/cousins?
My fathers' parents are dead. Both of my parents were only childs. I occassionaly see my maternal grandparents at holidays etc, but I'm not close to them.

Do you get on well with other people - even though you didn't have many friends? Was this just because of a lack of opportunities to meet them?
Well I think I can get on well with people. I never had the chance to meet many people due to my mother not wanting me to go outside. Although when I would visit my grandparents I would talk to their staff a lot and I would get on well with them. Also some of their staff would have family living with them, and some had children. So mother would let me play with them because they knew I was a wizard and my mother was a witch.

Why is your patronus an owl?
Because it is a symbol of wisdom (which is associated with) Ravenclaw and I love to fly.

Why is your animagus a raven?
Near enough the same as above, it is the symbol of Ravenclaw (my house) and I love to fly.

Does this mean you miss your father a lot? ((I know you have answered a similar question already but you didn't say whether you actually missed him.))
Yes I miss my father a lot. He was a great man and a great wizard and I admired him.

Why did your mother keep her maiden name when she was married?
((Opps I meant to put that in brackets.)) She took my fathers name.

Did your parents have a happy relationship?
Yes. A very happy relationship. They were very much in love and my mother still loves him.

Is it a coincidence that your first name is the same as your mother's surname? =P
My mother was very proud of here family so both of my parents agreed on that been my name. Ethan was my paternal grandfathers name.

How would you define 'short' brown hair? And medium height? And thin? Are you really, really thin; or just slim?
Short as in it doesn't move in the wind or can be tied up. It is roughly an inch long. Medium height as in average (5ft). I am not really really skinny I am slim, just about average for my age and height (8st)

Is your mother French? If so, does she speak it? Do you?

Oui ma mère est française. Elle m'a pensé quelque français.
((Yes my mother is french. She thought me some french.

Where was your father from?
He was from Surrey in England.

OK I'm going to put these here to see how they play out before putting them into my Bio.

This is mum and dad.

16115822.jpg

This is my maternal grandparents (Bridget and Henri)

HappyFamily.jpg

This is my paternal grandparents (George and Jane)

8359.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back