Third Years, Lesson Six

Noel moved to the front of an empty Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom when the first wave of students walked into the classroom. He greeted them with his friendly smile. And waited for the last to arrive. And closed the door with an quick movement. He then turned his attention towards the students.
'' Hello everyone. The last lesson already again, before exams.'' He than told them. Some would not wanted to be reminded at exams, but it was important and they were faster there than they thought. '' I'll be brief today. I'm giving you the choice to either practice or self-study today.'' He than told the third years. It was their choice which they felt was better for now. ''On the board behind me, you will find some notes on vampires, which may appear on the exam. I suggest that you write these down as I will remove them at the end of the period. I suggest that you also read the chapter about vampires.'' He than paused for an moment. ''Furthermore, you may stay to observe the grindylow or confront the boggart once more.'' Professor Waldgrave pointed towards the fish tank next to his desk and then at the large wardrobe in the back of the classroom. He had it all in once, so the choices were there. They would also be reminded at what they learned this year so far. ''You may also choose to leave if you want to study in the library or somewhere else where it's quiet. I'll be available to answer any of your questions about the exam or help with the boggart.'' He then dismissed the class and allowed them to do what they wanted. Making sure he walked around to to help out wherever needed.

What you need to know about Vampires:

Classification: Being
Affiliated with: Living Dead, a group of dark creatures that also includes zombies
Appearance: Tall, pale and gaunt with sharp fangs
Diet: Blood, or blood-tasting pastries
Range: Found all over the world, especially in wizarding communities
Aversion to: Garlic

Other notes

• Considered dark creatures because they can be dangerous to humans
  • But, we coexist with vampires
  • Vampire hunting is illegal
  • Ministry provides guidelines for how Beings, which are non-human and non-magical, should be treated
  • A handful of famous vampires are: Amarillo Lestoat (1776-1977), Lady Carmilla Sanguina (1561-1757) and Count Vlad Drakul (1390-unknown)

Just roleplay the lesson. You can tag @Professor Noel Waldgrave for some interaction. I will try my best to respond.

Kyousuke entered the classroom feeling like the previous lesson had gone well for him - maybe not so much for others but that wasn't any of his business. If students couldn't competently face their fears at this age, he didn't know what to say to them.

Kyousuke took his usual seat and listened to the professor, taking down the notes on vampires. He knew a lot of it already from his studies, but it was always good to know the sort of information that might turn up on the exam. He reread the chapter on vampires for the rest of the period. He'd decided grindylows weren't that interesting and facing a boggart...well, he just didn't really feel it was necessary. Once the lesson was over, he packed up his things and left.

O

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back