thinking.

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Stephanie walked out of the castle into the warm grounds. There wernt many people around, so she walked down to the lake and sat on the grassy bank.
Stephanie looked out into the distance. So many things had happened recently, Steph hadnt had time to think about it properly.
She thought about Rose, lying in a hospital bed, hundreds of miles away, doctors watching her all the time. Steph closed her eyes. Tryed to block out all the thoughts of Rose. But when she opened them, a silent tear rolled down her cheek. 'Please be alright?' Stephanie said out loud,

"Hey Steph" Belle said skipping over to her friend. But she quickly realised her friend was crying. "Whats happened Steph?" Belle said kneeling down beside her.

Stephanie jumped slightly. 'Oh um, just thinking about Rose. I feel so helpless.' She told Belle.

"Well.. Steph theres not much I can really say. I know you must feel hepeless right now but..I know I don't know her or anything but she probably wouldn't want you to worry about her like this, distracting you from classes, I have noticed y'know." Belle said with a small sympathic smile. "All you can really do about it is well..pray. You worrying and stressing isn't going change anything right now.." Belle knew her advice was harsh. But it was the truth

'It seems like thats all i can do, just worry. I feel like its my fault, because i came here. She thinks mum and dad sent me to boarding school. What if..' Stephanie stopped, she coughed, and continued. 'what if she dies, and i dont get to see her.'
Another tear rolled down her cheek. 'Im sorry.' She muttered.

"Oh honey." Belle said hugging Steph tightly as she cried onto her shoulder. "Don't be sorry...let it out. Thats why I'm here." Belle said rubbing her upper back slowly.

"Try not to think of such thoughts, because they might not happen and you would have wasted a lot time worring. Y'know? If things do get bad I am sure you'll be let of school for a week. Especially something this serious."

'I cant take the fact i have to lie to her about being here. It could be too late and i dont know whats going on.' Stephanie said, she was crying hard and shaking. 'Im sorry, im being stupid.'

"Hey. Steph you are not stupid. Stupid is hiding your feelings thats what that is. Come on. Steph.. I don't know what to say have you written to your parents about this?" Belle asked not knowing what else to say she squeezed her hand tightly. Things having been going Stephs way at Hogwarts and she really felt sorry for her.

'n-no, ive written to my brother.' Stephnie told her, she was ashamed. Steph didnt want to be like this, she wanted to enjoy it here. But she was making herself misery. She needed James to tell her it was gonna be ok, but she hadnt even told james.

"Ok. Well maybe you should let your parents know how you feel about this or maybe talk to Prof. King, you probably wouldn't want to do that but see if you could be let off while brightstone weekend is open or if......." Belle could really tell Steph wanted James to be here. "Shall I go look for James?" She smiled kindly Belle knew James would be able to help Steph more than she could.

Stephanie looked up at her, she had to tell him someday and i guess she needed him now more than ever.
'I guess so.' She said to Belle, wiping her eyes and smiling weakly.

"Sure no problem, you wait here hon. I'll get him down and give you guys some privacy." Belle said giving Steph one last hug. "Don't worry, these things always sort themselves out. See you later okay?" Belle walked back up towards the castle.

'ok and thanks.' Stephanie said to her, watching her walk away, and hoping she'd hurry.

James ran down to the lake and spotted steph. 'Steph? Whats wrong?' He asked, sitting next to her.

She was crying again, this happened everytime she was alone.
'James, er..' Stephanie looked at him, he looked upset too. 'Whats wrong with you?' She asked, changing the subject.

'nothing just y'no, mum, she um, its a year tomorrow.' James muttered looking at the ground, 'but this isnt about me, whats up?'

James looked her in the eye, 'Your such a rubbish lier Steph! Tell me the truth?'

Steph sighed and looked away, 'I got a letter, off Alex. Its Rose. Y'no from Canada? She's got type1 diabetes, and she hasnt been eating, or drinking. She's in hospital, its s-serious.' A tear trickled down her cheek. 'She's dangerously under-weight. She's.. she's barely conscious.'

James didnt say anything, he just pulled his hand out of Stephs grip and put his arm around her, and grabbed her other hand and held it. 'She'll be okay Steph, im sure of it.' He told her.

Stephanie rested her head on his shoulder and cryed, 'What i shes n-not? She could d-die.'

James didnt know what to say to her, he couldnt promise anything. Because no one knew what was going to happen. 'Steph, it'll be ok,' He said, wiping fresh tears from her cheeks.

Stephanie took James' arm from around her, and pulled her hand away and lay down, 'I just want everything to work out.' she whispered,

James watched her and lay down too, grabbing her hand and holding it tight, 'It will babe, it will.' He whispered back at her.

Hollie skipped across the lakefront, looking for someone to spend the afternoon with. She spotted Belle, Steph and James in the distance, and decided to go over and see them.
"Hey you guys!" she said, happily. "Are you all Ok? Mind if I join you? I just..." she stopped abruptly as she realised that Steph was crying. "Oh Steph!" she gasped, kneeling beside her friend. "What's the matter honey?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back