thinking

James Abbott

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash,
James walked out of the castle, smiling.
He had just made up with Steph, and asked her out on a date! He was so happy.
It was a gorgeous day, so he sat by the lake, looking at pictures on his i-pod, laughing occasionally at the silly ones of him and Steph.

"Hey. Lover-Boy" Belle laughed as she sat her self beside James. "That was great that you guys made up."

Harri walked out to the lakefront slowly, she had a lot on her mind and she was feeling rough. She saw Belle and James and walked over and sat down "Hey guys," she said her voice flat, none of her usually happiness was there and there was no sign of a smile anywhere. She was wearing a huge sweatshirt and denim shorts and her hair took messed up to a whole new level.

'Hey guys.' James looked up, he noticed there was something wrong with harri the moment he looked at her, 'Harri, whats up?'

Harri sighed then slapped on a fake smile "Nothing nothing." she said quietly, she couldn't bother them with her problems, she was meant to be older, wiser. And she couldn't bare to cry infront of them. "So you and Steph ehh," she said pleased to change the subject "Where you taking her then?" she asked.

'Um, not sure yet.' He told her, 'Harri, seriously whats wrong? And dont say nothing, i know there is?'

"Yeah, girl cough it up." Belle smiled at Harri. "Sisters are supposed to tell each other everything." Belle added.

Harri smiled and but her bottom lip began to tremble. Why were they being so nice? She needed someone to shout at her, to tell her she was being stupid and babyish. But she knew no one would do that. She cleared her throat "My.." she paused and took a deep breath "My parents have... haev broke up." she said quietly and felt a tear roll down her face she wiped it away quickly, she dare not look up, how could she? How could she face these people? She was being so stupid it was unbelievable. Peoples parents divorced all the time. But not her parents. Why did this have to happen? Why was everything going wrong. She longed for a hug but knew the only person who could give it to her wasn't here. He was away in Scotland at his school. She hid her face in her hand, ashamed.

'Oh my..' James looked at her, she was crying, she looked broken. 'Harri it'll be okay! I guess i understand how you feel almost. You'll get to see them both y'no. Everything will work out in the end!' James didnt know what to say to her, so he just squeezed her shoulder, and smiled at her reassuringly.

Harri smiled and tried to pull herself together, she appreciated James support and tried to show it by smiling at him. She wiped her eyes refusing to cry anymore, she could do that tonight when she was alone. She shook her head "But I'm not going home. I'm going to live with my friend in Scotland," she said, it would be far to painful for her to have to go back and forth between parents. She didn't want to live out of a suitcase.

Belle took Harris hand "Well no matter what happens, we're here for you and I think I speak for all of Gryffindor when I say that. Harri? When did you get this news?" Belle asked concerningly.

Harri nodded her head, she knew she had a bunch of great friends who could help her through it. She wished she could tell Ellie but she already had a bunch of stuff on her mind, Harri couldn't bare to burden her with her problems. "Yesterday," she said quietly, she really couldn't bare this, the whole incident was bringing back flash memories of when she had lost Emma. She remembered how much of a reck she had been and prayed she wouldn't go back to that. Though she could feel herself slipping into the dangerous cycle of depression. She kept all her feelings botteled up not wanting to had to burden others.

Stephanie was sitting in a window in the castle when she saw her friends down by the lake, she ran down and walked towards them.

'Hey guys!' Stephanie said cheerfully, 'Oh god Harri! Whats wrong?!' She asked, noticing the sad expression on her friends face. Stephanie sat down by Harri and put her arm around her.

Harri smiled at Steph weakly, she couldn't explain it again but she knew she would have to "Nothing. Being silly," she mumbled then sighed "Parents broke up," she said so quietly her eyes burned but she blinked back the tears and stared at the grass.

'Harri!' Stephanie said, 'Your not being silly, im here for you, okay?'

"You are being perfectly normal. Your actually sooooo strong. If I was in this situation I would be in a state. Your holding up well but maybe you shouldn't bottle it up." Belle knew that would not be healthy.

Harri smiled weakly at her friends. Strong? If only they knew what was going on inside her head. She shook her head "Not bottling up anything," she lied with expertise. Flashes kept coming back in her head of when Emma died. She winced as she remembered them and tried to shake them off but they wouldn't go, she leapt up she needed a bit of alone time "Right I have some..." she paused trying to think of something good to say "Stuff to be getting on with," she said lamely and began walking away "See you guys!" she said quickly dashing off.

Stephanie watched Harri jump up, 'Well, cheer up darling.' She said. 'See you later.'

"See you later...." Belle said sadly, she felt so sorry for her. She looked at Steph with a look of sorrow for her. "She can't bottle it up..." Belle repeated although Harri had just said she wasn't she knew she was.

James watched her go, 'I feel bad for her.' He said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back