Thinking

Riley Kelsson

Riley had finished his last class for the day, so he decided to go for a walk around the grounds. He ended up at the lake, and he noticed how pristine it was, and calming, so he leaned up against a tree at the water's edge. He idly watched the giant squid, his eyes half-closed. He began thinking of his life up to this point.

Wow, I'm finally at Hogwarts. It's finally really real. Potions was really fun, though I can't believe I only got 7 points. I wish I had more...But at least, Lucretia's in there with me...I really like her, well, at least I think she's really cool...But I think Arabella's really cool, too...Hmm...Maybe I should hold off on girls for now...At least until I can choose between the 2...They're both really nice, and really pretty...Merlin!...No, no girls. Not right now.

Arabella decided to explore the Hogwarts grounds, as this was going to be her home for 7 years. She headed out the front doors, and walked toward the lake. She was almost 3/4 of the way there, and was about to turn around, when she caught a glimpse of a boy leaning against a tree. Moving a few steps closer, she noticed it was Riley, the boy she met at the Leaky Cauldron, and on the Hogwarts Express. She skipped the rest of the way over to the tree. Jumping between him and the lake, she flung her arms out.

"Hi!"

Riley opened one eye, and stared at the girl. That girl has way too much energy, he thought to himself. D***, there goes not thinking about girls. Riley opened his other eye. "Hey, what's up? Having fun in class?" He noticed how her loose ponytail was falling, sending stray hairs every which way. Sexy...Gah! Stop that Riley!

Arabella laughed as she saw Riley only open up one eye. She realized she must look psychotic, but she didn't really care. "I'm doing good. I've had History of Magic and Astronomy already...I think I have Charms tomorrow..." She reached into her messenger bag, and pulled out a much-folded piece of parchment. Unfolding it, she read it quickly..."Yeah, Charms...With...Hey! With the Slytherins!" She folded the schedule back up and placed it in her bag again. "So how are you?"

"I'm doing good," Riley replied to the red-head. Realization dawning on him, "No, wait, do we really have Charms together?" He fumbled into his bag for his schedule. "Sweet!" C**p! Arabella and Lucretia...Fun class. "Yeah, I've just gotten done with Potions. I only got an E, thought, which isn't exactly how I wanted to start my school year in the class...I really like Potions."

Arabella smiled sympathetically at the tall boy. "It's Ok, I only got Es in History of Magic and probably Astronomy, too." She reached out and playfully punched his shoulder. "Besides, you can't be good at everything your first week here. Just be glad we're here, at Hogwarts!" She held her arms out, tilted her head back, and spun around, laughing.

Riley grinned, she definitely could make him feel better. He rubbed his shoulder where she hit him in mock pain. "Ow, missy, that hurt!" he joked. "Besides, you have way too much energy!" He raised himself from the ground, and launched himself at her, grabbing her around the waist, mid-spin.

Arabella stopped spinning when she felt his arms around her. As she slowly turned around to face the taller boy, their eyes locked. "Um..." she began to mumble. She placed her hands on his forearms, steadying herself, and lifted herself on her tiptoes. "There," she said shyly, "we're almost the same height."

Riley's stomach started doing somersaults when Arabella placed her hands on his arms. Wow. I could definitely get used to this... He laughed when she made her small joke about the height difference. With a sudden burst of confidence, from who knows where, he picked her up around the middle, and lifted her off her feet.

"There. Now you're taller."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back