Thinking

Connor Simons

Connor looked outside the window from the common room. It was a decent day out and Connor was sick of being inside. Connor made his way outside to the lakefront and sat down by this nice shady tree. Connor looked out over the lake and was imerge with thoughts; thoughts of home, school, friends, family, and just about everything else. Connor had not written home yet since the sorting and was holding it off as long as he could. Connor knew his father would be proud that he was sorted into Slytherin if only for a second. Soon the fact would become the past and Connor would no longer be a good enough son again. Connor wanted to wait until the last possible momment before he wrote home. In a way he wished he didn't have to, but to not would get his father angry and that was the last thing Connor needed. Connor stared out at the lake and just thought. He tried to get all his thoughts to calm down and fad off but the attempts were useless.

With her belongings finally stuffed in 'her' new room, Ivy decided to examine the outside of the castle, as she had already been through most of the corridors inside. She made her way outside and saw a beautiful lake, reflecting the afternoon sun's light on its surface. The wind stroked Ivy's hair slightly. I'm already in love with this place. And she sighed happily. She walked up to the lake, and she saw a few people sitting around, or near the lake. Her eyes spotted a boy around her age sitting alone under a tree. Ivy wondered why someone would sit alone in the shade on such a beautiful day, so she walked over to the boy. "Hello there, mind if I sit here with you?" She asked, smiling at the boy.

Connor was lost in his thoughts and was snapped out of them when he heard a girl speak to him Connor looked up at the girl and smiled. "Hello" He said "Why not Have a sit" He said patting the spot next to him. "I'm Connor " he said introducing himself.

"Oh, Hi Connor. My name's Ivy" She said, as she sat down next to him. "I don't want to sound rude, but you seemed to be looking way too serious on a beautiful day like this, is there something on your mind?" She asked.

Connor gave a small laugh "your a bit nosy aren't you Ivy" He said in a joking tone of coarse. "but actually yes" He said "I have too many things on my mind that is the problem" Connor said

"Ah, a deep thinker!" Ivy said, giggling. "Is it something private, or would you like to enlighten me as well? Usually if someone's so busy thinking they have problems that they need to solve, and sometimes others can help you with that." She said, in a somewhat more serious tone.

"A Ravenclaw I take it?" Connor said thinking that Ivy had to be a ravenclaw with that logic. There I go again. Labeling because of the house then why am I in Slytherin. I don't have any qualities of Slytherin or do I. Do I even want them. I don't know Connor thought having a little war going on inside his head and sadly he was losing. "If you don't mind to hear some babbling then I will tell you but if you would rather not thats fine too" Connor said trying to be polite and not bore someone else with his problems as he had Mr. Bay.

"Oh, I'm not easily bored" Ivy said, while smiling at Connor. "And yes, I'm in Ravenclaw. Is that what's on your mind? You're wondering if your house is right for you?"

Connor smiled "Is it that obvious" he said. "But yes you hit the nail on the head so to speak. I was sorted into Slytherin but now I am not so sure why or if I even belong" He said. Connor felt like he was the only one doubting the sorting hats choice or not doubting more like wondering how indeed the hat picks.

"Well, the only problems a first year could have would be about classes, being homesick, having a crush on someone, or something like that. But well, classes haven't started yet, and you just came here, so I doubt any of those apply. So I figured it's pretty much the only thing you could worry about." Ivy said, grinning. "If it's any help, that hat has been around for a really long time, and I don't think he's ever wrong. Maybe you have a few character traits in you that haven't surfaced yet? What house are you in, by the way? By the fact that you actually think, Hufflepuff is already out. You don't look arrogant, so I don't think you're a Slytherin either. You in Gryffindor then?" She ranted.

"Nope. I guess you can't always hit the nail on the head" Connor said with a smile "I am actually in Slytherin" He said wondering what her reaction would be. "Now do you think I'm arrogant" He said laughing a small amount hoping that she understood that he meant the last comment in a joking manner.

Ivy chuckled at Connor's last comment. "Well, I suppose Slytherin isn't all that bad. In fact, I think the Sorting Hat considered putting me in Slytherin too. Maybe it's not your cunning or arrogance that's so pronounced, maybe you're just really ambitious. What are your own thoughts on it, what reason could the Hat have had to sort you in Slytherin?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back