There will be NO awkward conversation

Dylan Fields

Wand
Oak 14 3/4" Essence of Raven Feather
Dylan just had this strange urge to climb a tree, and as nobody was about, that was exactly what he did! He sat on a thick branch, of an old tree, which was hanging slightly over the lake, throwing leaves into the water. It didn't sound very interesting, but it was surprisingly fun for Dylan!

After a couple of moments, he could hear someone approaching the lake. He couldn't see them, and doubting they could see him. He gave them a wolf whistle, he knew it was a girl, oh gosh, he hoped it was a girl!

Kat was bored and wasn't really in the mood to do any homework at the moment. She decided to take a walk down to the lakefront, maybe hoping to catch a glimpse of the giant squid. As she got closer to the lake she heard someone let out a whistle. She snorted loudly and then gave a little chuckle to herself. As Kat got nearer she saw that there was a young boy sitting up on a branch. "So do you often sit in trees and whistle at passers by?" she smirked.

"Yeah its quite a habit of mine!" Dylan laughed and jumped down off the branch, luckily landing steadily on both feet. Dylan had only recently learnt how to whistle, and lately he had gotten quite good at it. He looked at the girl, noticing not only the unmistakeable Gryffindor badge, but also a shiny Prefect badge. Had he just wolf whistled at a prefect, it seemed so!

"That's a dangerous little habit to pick up!" she grinned at him slyly. "So i'm taking it that you're a first year then? I don't believe that i've ever met you. I'm Katalina, or well just Kat." she added with a bright smile.

"Dangerous!" Dylan replied, "I find it quite entertaining actually!" He said, nodding at the whether he was a first year. And then she introduced herself, Kat ey, nice! Dylan was about to introduce himself back, when he remembered Katalina, or Kat, was a prefect. It wasn't a good idea having prefects know your name, because then they can spot you out of a crowd. He could hardly not introduce himself though.

"I'm Dylan!" He eventually said, regretting it slightly. He could have just run off, but that would have just looked silly! "What year are you?" He asked.

"Yes...dangerous! It could have easily been a boy that you had whistled at. Now that would have been funny!" Kat replied with a chuckle. "I'm a third year. Gryffindor Prefect too." she added proudly, though she was still getting used to the idea. "So Dylan...how are you liking it here at Hogwarts?"

"A boy, no I would never be that stupid." Dylan may be a Hoofle, but he wasn't stupid! "I knew it was a girl anyway because I saw you coming!" Dylan listen to Kat say she was a Gryffindor Prefect. He had already worked that out but didn't say anything.

"So Dylan...how are you liking it here at Hogwarts?"

"S'Alrite!" He replied, "I like it. Its nothing like anywhere else I've ever been to!"

"I don't know, we have some pretty girly looking guys that go to school here." Kat said in a serious tone and then looked at Dylan out of the corner of her eye and snorted with laughter. "I'm kidding!" she chuckled and then added, "Hogwarts is defintely something else! There's no place like it. So Dylan, what house are you in?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back