There is only so much I can take.

Jessica Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Jessica walked out to the grounds. She was by herself, yet again. Why had she not found someone to talk to yet? She was too picky she supposed. She didn't want to make friends with anyone. She wanted someone worthy of her time, but when was she going to find someone like that? Letting out a sigh Jessica sat down near the lake with her legs crossed. She looked over the steady water and wondered why it hadn't been as easy as she had expected. She had come from a secure social standing, thrown into a world where she had to make a whole new group of friends. Not that she hadn't wanted to come to Hogwarts, but she hadn't thought about how difficult it would be to make friends in this entirely different world.

Hilary had been in the student clubs section of the school trying to figure out what she wanted to do with the Wild Patch club for her last year as there leader. She seemed to hit an invisible wall in her thoughts and knew that she should probably get out of the room and go wandering. The lakefront seemed like just the place. Once she got outside Hilary was taken by the air and the beautiful scenery and started skipping to a muggle show tune that she had started humming.

When she reached the lake, Hilary kept skipping and then without realizing it almost fell over a young student. She jumped back and then in true 'Hilary style' gave the young girl a huge smile and held out her hand. "Hi! I'm Hilary, seventh year Gryffindor" she said to the girl in a very enthusiastic tone "what's your name?" she finished looking into the girls face waiting for her answer, the excited but genuine smile still plastered over her own.

Jessica heard someone humming, disrupting the peaceful simplicity of looking out over the lake. Jess turned her head to see who was making the annoying noise when they almost tripped over her. Jessica blinked as the girl help out her hand, introduced herself and asked what Jess' name was in what seemed to be all at once. Jessica cleared her throat. "Er." She said, raising an eyebrow looking at the girl as if she had gone completely crazy. "Jessica Mercer." She said slowly, gingerly grasping the older students offered hand and shaking it once, before letting her hand drop again. "Do you want something?" She asked, wondering why the girl had decided to target Jessica with her perky attitude.

Hilary was looking just into the young students eyes and missed the strange look that she had given her. Once she had gotten the girl's name and she had returned the handshake Hilary plopped down beside her on the grass. She replied to Jessica with her kind big sisterly smile by saying "Oh, all I want is to meet my fellow students and make some new friends." She paused for a brief moment and then continued "So where are you from Jessica?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back