The White Cliffs of Dover

Imogen Day

OOC First Name
Emzies
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
It was a dull grey morning. The threat of rain hang very strong over the morning air. Most people were not enjoying this sudden change from extremely nice weather to not so nice weather. For Immy this was completely normal and in fact quite comforting. She loved it. It made her feel like she was back home. And right now Immy would give anything to be back home. That morning Immy had woken up with a disere to go to the one place in Hogwarts she had not been at all. She'd gotten dressed and had headed out the dorm. She was wearing a a black and white dress with red heels. Immy was now outside enjoying the colder air and the sense of rain coming. Her heels made soft noises and sank into the grass slightly. Immy couldn't help the smile which spread across her face as she walked.

The cliffs was like nothing Immy had ever seen. Yes, she'd seen the white cliffs of Dover but that had been in plane and they were no way as amazing as the cliff's of hogwarts. There was a small wind and the sea was a dull grey colour. Immy walked to edge of the cliff and sat down. She took off her shoes and sat them beside her. She looked out to the water and felt her thoughts drift back home. To the sea and beach near her house. It was completely silent. Immy smiled as she sat, her legs swinging slightly, her hair lightly blown by the breeze. Immy counted to three and then came the rain. Light and soft. Immy couldn't help the small laugh which escaped her lips. In her mind she was back home, not caring and not knowing if anyone was around.

Dan walked idly down to the cliffs. This was one of the few areas in the grounds - besides the castle - that he hadn't really explored much yet. He was inquisitive, Dan was and they held a certain mystery to him. But he hadn't wanted to destroy the magical surrounding them. Odd as it sounded, it felt a lot more 'special' visiting the cliffs on a day like this. A stormy day, a day when the heat wasn't beating down upon him. Sure, it may not have been the nicest weather in the world, but it was a nice change for Dan. As someone living in cold weather all their life would adore a heatwave, he was fascinated by the rain, the lingering clouds. He had pulled on his jacket as he had left his dorm. Now he was glad his mum had made him bring it. She had been right, NZ weather did sometimes get a little stormy.

As he got to the cliffs, he saw a girl he hadn't met before. She had long curly hair and he smiled when he saw her. She was sitting on the edges of the cliffs. He approached her, "Hey, mind if I join you?" After a slight pause, he added, "Not a bit cold out?" He gave a grin, hoping the girl welcomed him.

The rain felt soft and soothing on Immy's skin. She was lost in thought and hadn't heard someone approach her. When she heard someone speaking it sounded distant. Immy for a second thought that her mind had made up the voice so imagine her slight surprise when she looked up and saw someone standing beside her. Immy's face of slight surprised changed to a polite smile. She could feel the droplets of water dripping down her face and nose. She moved over slightly and nodded to the boy.

"Sure, sit down." Immy smiled at his second question. She gave a small laugh. She was surprised she wasn't cold her dress wasn't exactly good for rain but Immy wasn't cold. She shook her head slightly. "You'd think I'd be cold but I'm not. It would have to be colder for me to find it cold. This is normal temperature where I'm from. I'm Imogen, or Immy" Immy held her hand out to be in a welcoming and friendly manner.

Dan smiled once again at the girl as he sat down beside her in the soft rain. He listened carefully as she explained how she didn't find the weather that bad. Daniel certainly felt the cold, but it was quiet nice. He wouldn't exactly wish for it every day though. He shrugged. "Hey Immy, I'm Dan." He smiled at the other girl, whom he recognised from one of the classes. Grinning, he began, "So, where are you from then? If this temperature is average." He was about to add his origins and place of residence - Australia - but decided to wait until Imogen had spoken.

((Sorry, it's lame -_- ))

Immy smiled as the boy sat down. She turned back to look out at the water as he introduced himself. Immy looked up to the grey sky. Droplets of water fell onto her face. She looked back to Dan when he spoke again. She gave a little laugh, the weather like this wasn't only average it was all the time where she was from.

"Aberystwyth, Wales. UK, Europe, 3rd planet from the sun." Immy said with a bright smile. She felt surprising very happy and cheerful while sitting in this horrible, wet, stormy weather. "It rains a lot and is almost never warmer than this. What about you. Where are you from Dan?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back