OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Curly 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Sycamore Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Allison sat at the cliffs, her legs dangling over the edge as she sat there, swinging her legs and humming. Stanis should be there soon. Why he'd wanted to meet out here in the cold, she had no idea, but she wasn't going to complain. She felt cozy, all wrapped up in her puffy coat and scarf. She had hoped things would get better with the new year, but with him already having been in the hospital wing again- she had curled up with him and started to read him the Hobbit when she'd first noticed it a month or two after school started, and now it was a regular thing. She had the book in her bag now, actually, in case he was having a rough day. She also had a bunch of strawberries she'd taken from the kitchens on the way down and was munching happily as she waited for him to show up.

He hadn't meant for Allison to find out about his monthly visits to the Hospital Wing but he figured that she would find about it sooner or later. Stanislaw, of course, had hoped that it would be the latter, but there really wasn't much that he could do about it now. He actually liked having Allison there with him during the mornings, especially now that she was reading the Hobbit to him. The fact that she was so sweet towards him during those days made him consider telling her about his condition - which was something Mrs Briar's letters had even encouraged, so it must have been a good thought, too. He approached the cliffs, spotting his best friend sitting at the edge almost immediately. Stanislaw had chosen this spot above all the others, as he was a hundred percent sure that no one would be able to eavesdrop here. Stanislaw was happy that his friend was back at the castle again, as it had been awfully boring without her during the break. Giving her a smile, he dropped down next to her. ''Hello!''

Allison looked up to Stanis, smiling and offering him a strawberry. "Took you long enough," She teased him, eating another strawberry of her own. "You summoned, your royalness?" She asked, still swinging her legs. She hadn't been surprised when he'd asked to meet up, he probably missed her while she was gone. It had been certainly boring back at home, though she had been happy to see her parents again. She picked up another strawberry, watching the clouds. "Hey, that one looks like a horse," She pointed to a cloud in the sky.

Stanislaw took the strawberry she handed to him and ate it in one go, nodding at the question. ''I did, Your Excellency,'' the boy replied after swallowing it down. It was nice to see her again. The fact that he had missed Allie so much made him realise how much he had come to rely on her for things. It had been the two most boring weeks of his life, so hopefully, they could return to doing their usual mischief again as soon as possible. He furrowed his brows when he looked up to the cloud she was pointing at. ''A horse? That looks like a dog!'' It took him a moment to muster up the courage to ask her what he wanted to ask her ever since the letter from Mrs Briar. The only good thing about exams being over and Allie being away for the holiday was that Stanislaw had more than enough time to think about how he wanted to ask her such. ''When you went back home I reread one of my books again. It is about werewolves, and in Polish, so you can't read it,'' It wasn't in Polish, Stanislaw simply added in that detail so to make sure that she wouldn't be asking him any questions. ''It is about a boy becoming a werewolf and befriending this really cool person, but he is afraid to tell his friend because werewolves aren't accepted, and he is not sure how she will react. I was thinking, how would you react if were you the protagonist's best friend?'' he asked, looking at her questioningly. Their friendship would rely upon the answer she would give to him.

Allie continued to munch on her strawberries, offering her pile to Stanis for grabs. She snorted at his comment, savoring her berry and enjoying the silence. She raised a brow at his question. "In Polish, huh?" She questioned. She listened to his rambling, looking at him curiously a moment. "'If you were the protagonist's best friend'," She corrected automatically. "That's the best you came up with? It's a wonder you get anything done without me," She ate another strawberry. "So, you read a polish book I can't read?" She questioned skeptically. "That brought on a very specific question. And you're in the hospital wing once a month with weird excuses after leaving your bed empty the night before." She was pretty sure she knew what he was lamely asking, but she didn't come straight out and say it.

She turned, mulling over her answer. "If I were the protagonists best friend, I'd call him an idiot for doubting me," She started, propping herself up with her hands. "Probably smack him upside the head. Still," She ate another strawberry, "I guess there are valid reasons to be concerned," She pouted a bit. "I say everyone else can bugger off," She shrugged. "From what my pops told me werewolves are really lonely and I think it's stupid," She said decisively. "So you turn into a giant dog once a month, big deal. You're still the same person, I'll just have to start carrying around dog treats," She teased lightly, turning and nudging his arm.

He rolled his eyes as she corrected him. He liked that she did so, as it did really help him understand things better. He just didn't think this was such a good moment for it because he was trying to be serious about something for once. She didn't know so yet, of course. He listened to her in quite, taking a strawberry from the pile even though he wasn't that hungry anymore. ''What? Why is this about me? This has nothing to do with me? I'm in the hospital wing once a month because I get really bad aches all over!'' Stanislaw retorted. He was pretty sure that she knew what he was trying to say now, she would not have brought up his monthly visits to the hospital wing otherwise. Yet he wasn't going to tell her about it until after he was sure that she wouldn't abandon him as his mother did months ago. He just couldn't lose her as well.

Putting the strawberry back onto the pile since he wasn't going to eat it anytime soon what with how anxious he was getting from hearing what Allie was saying, Stanislaw continued to listen to his best friend. He couldn't help to let out a chuckle at what she said about smacking him upside the head. It was such a typical Allison move that he didn't even flinch anymore whenever she smacked him upside the head. He nodded his head slightly at her words, things did get lonely from time to time, especially during the days around a full moon, but at least he had her to keep him company until the night itself. He hugged Allie the moment she was done speaking and did not let go of her for at least a minute. Hearing the girl say that he would still be the same person was quite possibly the best thing he had heard in a long time. Trying his hardest not to cry, as all the emotions he had been keeping inside for the past 4 months or so, all the worrying and the fear of losing not only his mother but perhaps his best friend as well, were seeping out.

Oops

Allison grinned as Stanis almost immediately hugged her, wrapping an arm loosely around his waist and leaning her head against his. "Didnt I tell you already, Stanislaw?" She asked softly in Polish. "You're mine now. It's you and me, always. You think a tail can change that?" She tightened her arm around him lightly. "What happened? Puppy bite you?" She tried to tease him lightly.

Sobbing softly, Stanislaw looked up at Allie when she leaned her head against his. It was a big weight off his mind knowing that she wasn't going to abandon him as well. ''Of course, I know, I was just scared that you would not like me anymore because of it,'' he answered. He chuckled a little at her comments, even though he couldn't see the humour of it just yet. Something had indeed bit him, something big and dangerous and scary. Something he still saw in his dreams every now and then. ''Can... Can we not talk about that? I would rather talk about what you did over the holidays instead or something like that.'' He didn't think that he would ever feel comfortable talking about the night he got bit, at least not anytime soon.

Allison grinned, knocking Stanis' shoulder a bit with her own. She used her sleeve to wipe at his face, trying to make light of his worry. "You look like a wet dog, stop that," She teased him lightly, "Why dont we go do something fun? I bet you I can climb higher than you can in those giant trees by the lake," She dared him, trying to distract him from his emotions. She understood, of course, but why deal with them when they could go do something reckless instead?

Stanislaw smiled weakly when she wiped the tears from his face. Of course, she would be fine with it, she was almost just as weird as him and she wasn't even a werewolf. Giving her one more hug, Stanislaw stood up to inspect the trees at the lake behind them. ''Pfff, you wish,'' he commented, thinking that there was no chance that she would be able to climb up higher than him. He had actually done a lot of climbing into trees back home, he'd often go into the woods with his friends after school to hang around to sword fight with branches and climb strong enough looking trees. ''Race you there? The last one to arrive has to do the other person's homework.'' She was fast, he knew so, but so was he if he was motivated to run as fast as he could - there was no way he was going to do her homework what with how much he struggled with his own at times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back