The streets of Obsidian Horbor

Mortimer Bones

The bottom of Mortimer's wizards robes fluttered around him as he made his way thought the Harbor again. He was thinking of Mallory and where she had gone. They had just met but still he could not help but think of her. Shaking his head he walked. It seemed like something to do now that there he was away from work. That and he needed to get out of the house. Alex's old world trinkets where starting to give him the creeps. He wondered the harbor absentmindedly letting the spring sun shine off his sunglasses.

Savannah was walking through the harbor carrying a small stack of books in search of a resturant. She worked over at the school as a Librarian but even on her day off she had to have one or two books with her. It was her day off and she was taking a day to herself to relax. A small kid near by thought it would be funny to watch someone fall and stuck his tiny foot out infront of her causing her to stumble. She didn't fall, but her books tumbled out of her arms and onto the ground. "Damn..." she muttered as she bent down and started picking them back up.

A swift flick of his wand and Mortimer had the books off the ground and had them jump into his arms. "Are you ok?" He asked glaring a the little boy though his black sunglasses. He always had them. It wasn't a fashion thing it was a habit his picked up though his work as a Auror. Mortimer looked around again to see if he could not talk to the small kid but saw that he had dissapered. Maybe gone to hide behind his mother. He thought.

Savannah had been in the reaching for another book when they all flew up off of the ground and into a mans arms. She rose back up until the was standing up once more, "I'm fine, It's my books that took the real spill." she replied to the man "Thanks for getting them for me though... I hadn't even thought about doing that." she admitted a little embarassed. I've been separated from the magical word for far too long... she thought

Mortimer have her a small half smile. He rarely smiled fully something that his sister Alex was quick to pick up on. "You might want to do a repair spell on this one." He said looking over one of the books. I must had hit the floor first because the cover was all battered. "What are you doing around here anyway?" He asked as kindly as he could.

"Reparo." she said with a small flick of her wand, Instantly the battered book looked brand new once more. "Oh I'm just taking a day for myself... Getting out of the castle and all." she answered casually while relieveing the mans arms of the mild weight of the books, Not that it would have put any strain on them anyways if she could carry them.

Mortimer nodded. "There is nothing much to be done at the Ministry eather so I'm walking. You work up at the school as what?" He asked trying to figure out of this woman was professor. "Oh sorry, I'm Mortimer a pleasure." He said politely.

"I see, I'm a Librarian." She replied "Oh, I'm Savannah...Nice to meet you." The name Mortimer rung a bell from somewhere. But she couldn't quite place where she remembered it from. Probably from a book or maybe I knew a Mortimer in College or something... she thought

[They were in the Same year at Hogwarts...But Savannah has changed ALOT since her Hogwarts days. lol]

((What house because Mortimer didn't get out much except for Prefect business.))

Mortimer nodded. "I didn't think you where a Professor but then I am often wrong about those things." He said as alight joke. "Savannah... Seems to be becoming a rather popular name." He said. Mortimer too thought her name sounded familer but then he had met a lot of people during his years as an Auror.

[Twas a Gryff... But had quite a few Ravenclaw friends.]
"Mortimer isn't a very common name is it." Savannah replied looking at the man "Where as the world is full of Savannahs. Though I don't believe I ever ran into another Savannah in the wizarding world." she added still trying to think of where she had heard that name before.

"More like an outdated name. My mother was and still is a very old fashioned woman in some ways." Mortimer said laughing softly. "There was a Savannah London I remember and I think the last name of another one I used to know was Martin." He said his voice getting a wondering tone to it.

Savannah remembered a Savannah London going to school with her. "Wait...I'm Savannah Martin." She reponded the wheels in her head turning. Didn't I know a Mortimer in Hogwarts? Mortimer Jones... No that wasn't it it. Bones maybe? Yeah, I think it was Bones... she thought before asking "Your last name wouldn't happen to be... Bones would it?"

Mortimer looked at Savannah for a moment. "Wait Gryffendor Savannah? It is Bones. Mortimer Bones or Prefect Bones to those that wanted to make fun of me." He said looking up to the heavens. He often wondered why no body over took him siriosly as a Prefect then he remembered that they had until his little sister had come to school.

"Yeah, Thats me... Wow, I haven't seen any of my old classmates in forever." She replied looking at him. She wasn't all too surpised that He wouldn't recognise her. One it had been Fifteen years since they had graduated and she had changed quite a bit. She had lost quite a bit of weight and had one rather late growth spurt Causing her To go from short and overweight to Tall and Thin, and she had stopped dying her hair that awful orange color she had loved so much. Mortimer on the other hand looked similar to how she remembered him in school, however foggy those memories may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back