The Real Magic

OOC First Name
Liam
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Rigid Alder Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
The first day of classes was over. Kendji was overwhelmed with the amount of information he had received that morning and for the first time in his life he was feeling desperate and helpless. He hadn't imagined the effort needed to learn how to use magic. It proved to be not only magic phrases and wand movements. There was complex theory, ingredient proportions and the worst, a great amount of concentration so far. Downhearted, he found consolation to the only thing that never disappointed him. He grabbed Loki, his red mahogany guitar and went straight for the grounds where he could find a quiet spot and practice.

In search for the ideal location, he found himself walking casually the perimeter of the lake. He took off his shoes. He wanted to walk barefoot on the lake's beach and feel the smooth, cool stones underneath his feet. Kendji found a flatten rock by the lakeside with a lonely willow hanging over it. He sat on the rock crossed legged, placing his shoes next to him. The scenery was a mood maker. Kendji already felt better. He closed his eyes and inhaled the fresh air. A soft smile hooked on his lips the moment his fingertips pulled the guitar's strings and the sweet chord escaped in the air. He submerged in his own world as his fingers continued gently pulling strings and adjusting positions on the guitar’s neck, pressing them effortlessly. A beautiful melody that was swirling constantly the past week in his head came into existence.

Kendji had attempted to write lyrics before but this time he was much more confident about them. Every time the melody was invading his brain, he was trying to dress it with words. It was an upbeat one but it had a hint of nostalgia. This interesting combination must have been caused by the events that drastically changed his life. A letter was enough to alter everything he knew about life. Now there he was at a school learning about magic, away from his family. He was open to new experiences but he couldn't deny that he was going to miss his people. This was his inspiration for this bittersweet melody.

Once he had finished, he started playing again. This time he started singing when he reached the part of the first verse, separating his lyrics with soft chords.

"Close your eyes.
Think that you are near.
I feel like you are here.
But you're not.

All I see is different dimensions.
Of similar perceptions.
Of the same hallucinations."

He paused for a couple of seconds and started playing more intensely, continuously striking the strings as he had reached the chorus.

"But the clock kept going,
tick tock,
and I became what I was not.
And the ladies kept walking,
and those big men talking
and the kids just hopping along."

He paused and a smile spread on his face. They were his first lyrics and he was really happy for managing to make his music speak. If only he had a piece of paper or...parchment to write it down and work from there his adjustments, that would have been perfect.

Lenore couldn't be inside for long, but she didn't like the sun light either. Len stepped outside with a brown sunhat perched on her tiny head. The sun was blocked nicely this way. She had send her owl Hermes outside, he really needed to stretch his wings. Lenore inhaled deeply and the air filled her tiny body. It was nice and somewhat salty.

She was enjoying the lake when she suddenly heard someone playing music. At least she was sure she heard someone playing the guitar. Or the guitar was enchanted to let it play itself. The melody was beautiful and it almost put Lenore under its spell. She followed the music and ended up at Avie's rock. A boy was sitting there playing a bright red guitar. His voice was nice and it all sounded amazing. She could only hope she didn't scare him. ''Hello, your voice is really good'' Lenore smiled. ''I am Lenore'' she walked up to him and sat down on a rock making her look even smaller.

Kendji was about to play again his song and sing it in order to memorize his lyrics when someone made their presence known. Startled a bit, Kendji turned his head around to see a girl at his age. He had been so engrossed, he never became aware of her arrival until she talked. "Oh, hey!" He greeted back regaining a smile after the fright. No matter how hard he fought it, a blush touched his cheeks and he scratched the back of his head, feeling awkward. "Thanks! I didn't see you coming." He smiled sheepishly as she had a seat at a rock. It was the first time he was singing around someone else apart from his family. "Nice to meet you! I'm Kendji!" He said and passed his fingers over the strings. He turned his gaze into the distance where the lake was stretching as far as the eye could see. "Such a beautiful place." He sighed content. He was really grateful that the school was built near this lake. He liked this spot and he was planning to visit regularly when he needed a place to practice.
"Do you play or sing?" He asked and nodded at his guitar.

The boy could sing really good and Len actually enjoyed to be outside. ''Sorry, that I scared you'' Len giggled and her cheeks coloured beet red. When the boy said he hadn't seen her coming Len smiled. She got that rather often since she wasn't bigger than a big sized toddler. ''Yeah I get that a lot'' Lenore smiled and looked at his red guitar. Her owl was flying over them making some hard noises. ''Likewise, and it is a beautiful place here'' She thought about swimming her when the weather would let them. When the boy asked if she could sing or play an instrument Len blushed. ''I can hold a tune and it doesn't sound bad, but not as good as you'' Len said honestly, I mean she could sing, but she only sang under the shower or when no one was home. ''How long have you been playing the guitar?'' Len asked interestingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back