The Painters Are In

Artemis Tuuri

Artemis rolled out of bed in the girls dormitories early that morning. Early for her was eleven, since this happened to be a weekend. In all honesty, she felt like death. For a week now, Art had been getting the most horrid twinges in the stomach. Today seemed to be particularly bad, and she wrapped an arm around her stomach as she groaned in frustration. That's it...I'm going to the Hospital Wing, thought Art firmly as she wobbled to the little bathroom set into the side of the girls dorms to set her hair for the day. Art's tiny yellow nightie swung back and forth as she hobbled towards the sink. "Fancy waking up to this," she said out loud. The showers were a little down the stone walkway, and she headed there first for a wash. But there was a shock coming to greet her, and she had no idea what to do.

Artemis let out a squeak of terror as she stared down at the panties clutched in her hand. Panicking, she threw on the rest of her clothes, ignoring her still-wet hair and moved up to the sunlit window to peer down at the cloth. Blood. Blood, she was bleeding. "Orright lass, don't panic, don't panic, oh heck I'm panicking!" she cried, tears already leaking down her cheeks in horror. Most of the girls were downstairs in the common room or out in the grounds, but if they cared to enter the girls bathrooms, they may have seen a miniature person scampering around the room like a frightened mouse.

Running at her top speed, she grabbed her empty vanity bag (devoid of make up) to stuff her panties in there, and she was away. Artemis powered down the stairs, out of the common room door and down the hallway with tears and the vanity bag streaming behind her. Run, run, run, run, you're going to diiieee! her mind bellowed, and she skidded on the marble to reach the stairs...right on top of another person.

Since when does nobody get up until noon, anymore? This frusturated her the most about the students here at Hogwarts. At home, it was always routine that everyone in the household was up by nine, especially when there were so many chores to do while helping her Papei keep up the farm. Yawning, she got up from her comfortable position of sitting cross-legged on the couch and decided to take a walk. She stuffed her hands in the pockets of her pants and slid her feet deeper in the slippers. Siobhan didn't really care if anyone thought she was crazy for walking around in her nighttime clothes. Why couldn't she enjoy her morning and be comfortable?

Pushing the portrait door open, she stepped out into the abandoned corridor, closing the portrait softly behind her, apologizing to the Fat Lady about waking her "peaceful beauty sleep". Gruffing, she walked to the right and looked down at her slippers, crossing her arms. Her bed head hair clung to her face as she noticed a dirt stain on her slipper. Rolling her eyes, she was about to bend down and clean it off when the wind became knocked out of her.

Siobhan's feet came out from under her as she landed on her back with weight onto of her. Opening her eyes, she saw a girl in tears that she hadn't seen before, an older student. "Is there some kind of problem here?" she asked, with a bit of fierceness in her voice, the wind finally refilling into her lungs.

Carla was stood behind Siobhan until now, when she came out from her hiding place.
She recognized the small girl, she had seen her around before. She looked terrified. Even though a girl had already asked her if she was Ok, Carla wanted to help.
She took the girl's arm gently to catch her attention.

'Is everything Ok? Do you need to talk to someone?' She asked quietly, but not rudely. She hoped the girl would talk to her - she liked helping students her age.
'Why don't you come with me?' She asked, gesturing towards the way she had come. 'You don't look well.'She was determined to get the girl to come with her, and wasn't going to stop until she did.

Carla wasn't trying to frighten the girl - she was terribly small for her age, and she didn't want to hold her arm too tightly. She was scared she would break. She loosened her grip slightly, so that she could get away if she wanted to, but waved towards the door in the hope that she would follow.

Dakota was further along the corridor.
She was actually returning from an early morning session in the library when she heard panic up ahead.
Dakota, not dropping the book on elves she was carrying, raced towards the noise.
She had been going to visit her sister outside the Gryffindor common room but now this?

Her eyes fell to the girl who seemed to be in trouble.
She looked really pale.
Dakota tried to enforce some calm.
"Please, everyone, just chill for a moment while we establish the situation."
She looked from girl to girl.
Dakota recognized the small Ravenclaw. They were in the same year.
"Artemis, isn't it?" She asked gently, bending down beside the girl and placing a hand on her shoulder.
Dakota was quite tall for her age and even bent down she was still taller than Artemis.
"Do you need to go to the Hospital wing? Have you been sick?" She looked with great concern to the girl.

It seemed that Art had not run into one person, but a whole lot of people. Her bottom lip was wobbling like jelly, and her huge hazel eyes were filled with tears as she was carted along into another room by three girls. One seemed rather disgruntled and not pleased at being disturbed; a younger student, Artemis decided. One was very caring, and the other much older but still quite concerned. She hadn't meant to attract that much attention, but Artemis hadn't given much thought to that as she she had ran screaming from the Ravenclaw Common room. Far from being loud, Art now went completely silent in bewilderment as she was ushered along.

Her pointed ears were twitching like a jackrabbit's as her nervousness and fear grew to the amount of people (if only two). They probably wouldn't think much of her wailing, but she couldn't stifle her sobs, and so stuffed her fist up to her mouth to block the noise. Now she stood, staring up at the three girls (even the younger, for she was only 3-4 feet high) and couldn't contain her fear.

"I'm dying!" Art told them, and tears rolled down her tiny fists. Her voice was muffled against her fist, but she powered on regardless. "I've been 'avin stomach pains fer weeks, and now...now I'm-I'm-I'm bleeding, and it won't stop!" She was waving the vanity bag while she spoke, but had no intention of pulling out her knickers to show them, regardless. "It still hurts and I have 'ave ta go 'ta the 'ospital Wing!" she snuffled, her English accent getting thicker and thicker in her distress.

Carla suddenly got what Arty meant. She felt a bit sorry for her, not knowing what was going on. Had nobody told her? She put her hand on her shoulder, and felt the girl shaking.
'You're not going to die, Arty.' She hugged her slightly. 'I can take you to the hospital wing and get a friend of your's to come and see you if you like.' She said calmly. She had decided it might be best if she didn't explain to Artemis herself, as she wasn't really her friend.

'Do you have anyone you want to see?' She asked, starting to guide her along the corridor towards the hospital wing.
'They could explain what's going on to you. But it's nothing serious, I promise.' She gave the small girl a squeeze. She was quite caring for a Slytherin girl. 'Don't be scared.' She said firmly, trying to politely shoo the other students.
'Is Pat your friend?' She asked, having seen them together before. 'When we get there, I can try and find her if you like.' She said softly. She urged Artemis to follow her, although she looked weary.

Siobhan realized that even though this girl was smaller than her, as she was a bit among the tall side herself, the crying girl was older. Someone started to call her Arty, so she figured that was the girl's name. Siobhan attempted to help Arty up and guide her toward the hospital wing, even though she wasn't quite sure what was wrong with the girl until she started to spazz out about bleeding. Siobhan bit her lip. It hadn't quite happened to her yet, but her own mother had had this talk with her before she came to school, just in case anything happened.

One of the other older girls started to comfort her first and attempted to get her to the hospital wing. She seemed to want them to go, and Siobhan didn't want to make Arty feel any worse, as she already felt bad for snapping at her. She turned toward her as the other girl shooed her away. "I'm sorry," she started to apologize to Arty, "I hope you get better." She turned toward the other girl (Carla) and asked, "You'll make sure she gets there alright?" Siobhan did have younger siblings, so her caring side was starting to shine through a bit when it needed to.

'Of course.' She smiled at the young girl trying to help her. 'I think I know her friend... If I could just find her, then they could maybe... Talk.' She hinted slightly. She guessed by the way she had reacted that she knew what she was on about. She gave a sympathetic smile, and raised her eyebrows as if to say
'It'll be you're turn one day!'
She turned to Arty. 'Is that alright?' She asked, handing her an old tissue she had found in her pocket.

((OK guys this RP needs to stop/slow down now. I know it said open and we thank you for joining it but it did say PAT on the topic description, and it would have been greatly appreciated if you would have waited for PAT to reply to the topic before bombarding it with your replys. Now reading through these posts there is a lot of inaccurate things been said and seen. I'm not going to go into details but I think it would be save to say that this RP is just about finished, you may all post your reactions to what is happening but only AFTER myself and Art have RPed leaving the scene. Thank you.))

Patricia had left the common room early for Breakfast that morning, she had a few letters to write and she wanted them done and away before spending the rest of the day doing homework. It was nearing mid-day and Patricia finally had all of her letters away, and she was getting hungry again. Making her way downstairs she heard a bit of a commotion coming from the corridor below her. Putting an inch to her step she made her way to the direction of the noise, this much commotion on a weekend morning couldn't ever be good.

Approaching the group of girls Patricia observed the scene, a look of confusion clear on her face. "So who's dying?" Patricia asked, a half smile on her face. Clearly no one was dying or someone else would have been here instead of a bunch of girls, who all looked younger than Patricia. As Patricia observed the scene a little more carefully she looked at the smallest of all the girls, the one who seemed to be in distress. Patricia bent down so she was more on level with her. "Everything OK?" she asked in a calm voice. If this scene needed one thing, it was calm, she could hear the shouts all the way from the owlery.

Art was truly beginning to panic now. She could barely understand anything that was happening, and her legs were pressed together tight just in case she began to bleed again. Everyone seemed to relax as she explained her situation, but contrary to relaxing also, Artemis became even more nervous. She jumped when she was hugged, but couldn't help speaking. "H-How is this okay in the slightest? Why...what...". Yet suddenly, another person entered the cacophony till she was basically surrounded by people. It's all very lovely of them to care about what is going on, but I don't understand! cried Artemis inwardly. Outwardly she was silent, wide-eyed and jittery as a squirrel.

Now with both fists stuffed against her mouth, Artemis's eyes darted around, looking for escape. Like a hot knife through butter, a girl slid in through the small crowd and knelt, looking at Artemis kindly in the eyes and asking her a question. "No! No, everything's not okay! I woke up this morning, but I've been sick for a week and now I'm bleeding, heck, how is that okay? I mean I'm bleeding that can't be-natural-that's-just-ridiculous-and-everyone's-just-standing-around-not-explaining-while-I'm-dying-on-the-floor and... and!" She let out a tremendous sob. "And it's really embarrassing!" wailed Art, collapsing into tears.

Patricia listened to the girl, a sympathetic smile on her lips. She was trying her hardest not to laugh for it was only a few years ago where Patricia was in the same situation, but she had gotten some heads up from her mother where this girl clearly had not. As the girl sobbed Patricia took a tissue out of her pocket and dried the girls tears, "Shh, shh, shh. Look let me say one thing first, you're not dying. OK?" she said in a soft voice, trying to calm the girl, this was a touch experience for most girls, Patricia knew from experience how hard it could be so she knew how hard it must be for the girl. "First of all, we need to get you cleaned up." she whispered, not wanting to make it overly public knowledge that the girl was bleeding. "The girls toilet is just a few doors now, think you can make it? I'll clean up any leakages if I have to." she said, showing the girl she had her wand with her.

"No, no," hiccuped Artemis as she looked up at Patricia with tears wobbling in her eyes. "Nothing like that, no leaking...but...what do 'ye mean, I'm not dyin'?". With some effort, she shuffled to her feet. This new girl would still probably have to bend down if she wanted to talk quietly to her again, so Art took her hand in her little one and slinked over to the wall, away from the crowd. She gave a watery smile to the girls and thanked them profusely, but still she hid her head in the taller girl's leg until everyone was quite out of sight, whether they had left or not. "I'd like to go now, please?" mumbled Artemis to Patricia. This was all very mortifying, and the last thing she wanted was to hang around here like a stunned mullet while she bled to death. But apparently she wasn't, so what did this all mean? How did the other girl know?

Art took her hand again, with was only something she did in stress and nervousness. Generally people didn't mind, because it was like towing a large doll around. Some had been known to get embarrassed and simply throw her over their shoulder and pretend that she really was a doll; after all, Artemis liked to wear her tiny sailor suits, kimonos and baby sundresses. No wonder people didn't think she was a real person. "I'm Artemis," whispered she to Pat. "What's your name?"

Patricia shook her head lightly, "I'll explain when there are less people around." she told the girl. Patricia didn't exactly know how she was going to explain to the girl what exactly was wrong with her, but she was sure something would come to her when the time came. Patricia stayed where she was until the girl was finished talking to the other girls who had tried to help her, it was nice of them, but they all looked younger than Patricia and she wasn't sure if they all knew what was even happening, but then again she could be wrong. When the young girl said she wanted to go Patricia let her take her hand and nodding her head she got up and made her way down the corridor, towards the girls toliets.

"Patricia." she replied to Artemis when she enquired about her name. When the two girls arrived at the toliets Patricia looked in making sure no one else was in, this was going to be awkward enough without an audience. Once she was sure the place was empty she held the door open for the girl, "Are you feeling any better?" she asked as she moved on in, turning to face the girl as she leant against the wall.

“Yes, I’m fine.” answered Artemis in a small voice. “Boy, that was a lot of people,” she whispered again to Pat, before realising that they were almost at the bathrooms. Looking up at her with trusting eyes, Art shuffled in and waited for Patricia to enter as well.
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back