The Owls are restless

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked up the steps to the owlery and before she had even gotten to the final few steps stopped. The owls seemed to be going crazy, she could hear the mad flapping of lots of wings and the hysterical calling of all of them. She ran quickly to the owlery to see what was happening. But discovered that there was no-one, nothing. Yet the owls were getting even more hysterical. She looked about for Freckles, very concerned now. What could have frightened them like this?
She went to Freckles' cage and opened up the door that she left permanently unlatched. Freckles seemed to back itself into the farthest part of the cage before flying out and nipping at her as it did so. The spotted owl flew to a high beam in the Owlery and continued its mad hooting from there. Andromeda looked at each and every owl, they were all looking at her all of them seemed terrified of her.

Realisation dawned and Andromeda shook her head in dismay.
"I'm sorry" she whispered to them, "I didn't know... I'm sorry" she cried now as she ran outside and down the steps. She sat huddled on the middle step of the long flight listening until the owls finally calmed down. She sat there horrified.
Her own bird was terrified of her, could scense the wolf in her and would now not come to her.

Andromeda paled, what more could go wrong she thought.

"what's up Andy?" Brian said walking up the steps he had been getting ready to deliver a letter to his parents when he'd seen Andy leave the top of the Owlery, she seemed down and Brian wondered what it could be.

"Hey Brian" she smiled at him moving over so he could go past her on the steps.
"Hope you're owl is ok" she muttered. She looked back up to the owlery and then looked at Brian.

"They went crazy, the lot of them as soon as I got near. I went in thinking there was something up and they just went mental. They're scared of me Brian!" she blurted out.

"I'm not going to pretend to know alot about werewolves but maybe it's because your letting it take you when you should be in charge" Brian said sitting down next to her. "If you control yourself better than the owls should only see you and not sense the other part" Brian said not wanting to upset her.

She listened to him and shook her head.
"I've been reading up on the damn things Brian. I should have expected this really. I guess I hoped for otherwise. It's like a mouse knowing that a cat is there, even though the cat has a blanket over it", she shrugged.

"If you're going up there, can you try and get Freckles back into his cage. I think I really scared the poor sod nearly out of his wits" she smiled at him.

"No, Andy you have to do it, The Cat may have a blanket over it but don't forget It's also part Dog and the Mice will go to it if it shows what it's more of" Brian said sternly, he wasn't going to allow her to weaken herself and if she started now than she would have trouble later.

Daniel thought to go and meet violet and feed her some dead mice.Taking two steps at once he climed the stairs and noticed that Brian and another girl whom he didnt know where talking about dogs and cats."Hi Guys.Whats up with the dogs and cats?"he asked wit a smile

Andromeda blushed crimson when another boy approached. She had never seen him before but he wore the Ravenclaw colours and was obviously older. Hopefully he hadn't heard too much.

"Brian apparantly thinks cats have part dog in them" she said smiling at Brian and winking at him to let him know she wasn't making fun of him.
She turned back to the other boy and extended her hand, at least Brian couldn't drag her up to the owlery when this boy was here.

"I'm Andromeda but you can call me Andy if you like" she smiled.

"Hi andy, i am Daniel.You can call me Dan"he said as he shook her hand."I think the cats do have some dog in them otherwise how are they able to chase the mice?"he said with a smile

"Hi Dan" she smiled then looked quizzically at him too,"are you both mad? really cats with part dog in them? Either the two of you are gone mad or I am".

She promised herself to look this one up in the library.
"ok, so why would a dog part of the cat -if there is one - be the reason why a cat would chase a mouse? I mean wouldn't it be because of it's ancestary, it's geneology with bigger cats like panthers and lions. Hunters and predatory type large cats" Andromeda smiled she could go on asking them silly questions for hours she knew, just once they didn't expect her to got back up to the owleryshe didn't care, they were Ravenclaw they were supposed to be the smart ones here.
The owls would go mental and Daniel might wonder why.

"Well, because when the cat attcks the mouse it forgets the dog brain it has and only remembers the chasing that it has got from the dog part.You know they are cases of split person in humans like you are Andy but you might think you are Merlin becuase you think about him too much and you feel like your circumstances are similar to Merlin, So when Andy is Merlin, sh edosent remember that sh eis actually and Andy an dwhen she becomes normal again, sh ehasnt got a clue that she was roaming as merlin the other day.Similarly in the cats"sia ddan hoping that he'd made some logic."By the way, where did you find the boringest topic on earth?is it time to discuss cats and dogs.You came to the owlerey for some reason so lets go and finish it"he suggested.

Andromeda stood up now, completely baffled and speechless.
"Are we talking about Merlin the magician? Merlin as in King Arthurs Merlin? What has he got to do with me?" Andy looked at Daniel and then at Brian, maybe it was a Ravenclaw thing to try and outwit and baffle the Gryffindors she didn't know. Whatever it was though it was working.

"I happen to like cats and dogs" she muttered leaning her back against the wall but not budging another step.

"I have to say I've always liked birds better, I like my Owl Athena the most!" Brian said smiling.

Brian chuckled, "well in Germany there isn't alot of Ponies that guys ride" Brian said smiling, it was good to see Andy cheered up after all she'd been through.

"Well this pony it tall enough for a boy of your height to ride, considering your about an inch taller than me" Andromeda knew that she had stalled well now and neither Brian nor Daniel seemed to be bothered about mentioning the owlery again. She might even be able to make it safely down the steps and back into the castle before Brian noticed anything at all.

"well Andy, I have to go deliver this Letter, you want to join me?" Brian asked feeling a cold brush of wind against his skin, he really didn't enjoy it and would much rather be back inside the castle.

"alright. I'll be back in a second" Brian exclaimed running up towards the top of the Owlery where Athena was waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back