The Lone Raven

Ai Adlam

OOC First Name
Ana. V
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
Ai was exploring again. She liked the school and how she could get lost in it's corridors. She had met a few of her fellow Ravenclaws and deemed them unworthy. She was starting to think that she should have aimed to be a Slytherin. At least she would have been with Aleyha and Brodie. She liked them well enough especially Aleyha who had become her best friend in what seemed like a short amount of time. She wondered the halls, her black dress shoses making soft tapping noses as she walked.

The black dress that she was waring made her look a bit like a porseline doll. The way her hair was done up didn't help either. She was thankfull that this coridor was desserted. Not that it would have mattered. Her ice like orbs would have been enough to make anyone skuttle into a wall. Heruken had the same stare she did. The black and white blangle cat was following her where she went looking as if he would rather be no where else. Ai let her mind start to wonder as she got herself most and more lost on the second floor.

Would Kai have been with her like this if he where still alive? Most likely. He would have been sorted into Ravenclaw just like she had been and he would have dragged her around the school trying to get to know the place. Not that she would have minded. The sickly boy had a surpising amount of energy even though she hated it sometimes. She reached a window and winced. The sun was shining on her pail face. She looked out it though. She looked up at the sky. Ai wondered if Kai was looking back down at her. "I was stronger." Ai said to herself. Kai was dead and she was alive. She had lived though her own illness while Kai let his over come him. That had to count for something.

Sorry for delay

Oscar was walking along the castle, getting some time for himself. He hadn't fully explored the entire castle. He was barely on any of the corridors, though he could safely say that the towers were explored. He had practically spent all of his time in them. He took his pet white rat, Xanthi with him. He carried him every with him.

Before he left Ravenclaw tower he fed a small treat so he wouldn't be hungry, although he still constantly nibbled on his sleeve of his brown lumpy jumper. He really have thrown the jumper out a long time ago, but it resembled home too much and he wasn't about to throw anything away that reminded him of home.

Oscar instantly got lost in the castle and didn't have a clue where he was. "Damnit." He said quietly to himself. He usually never cursed like that but he was getting very fustrated at the fact that he found himself on the second floor corridor for about the third time. Though this third time there was someone else there.

Should I ask her? Oscar thought to himself shyly. He didn't have enough courage to do it but maybe if he made enough noise she would notice him and maybe offer help. Though Xanthi already did that for him when he jumped from his hand as a cat - pressumbly the girls- noticed Oscar. The cat crept closer and caused Xanthi to leap from his hand and run down the corridor. Oscar was shocked, he then started to run after the animals.

Ai turned at the sound of her cat chasing after the rat. "Heruken, dignety above all else." She said, her voice flat and cold but strangly comanding. Heruken looked from the rat to Ai then bounded back to his owner and started to rub against her leg. Ai picked her cat up then looked to the boy up and down. "I was guessing you wanted to say something before your rat provoced Heruken into that silly chase." She said.

Ai leaned back against the wall next to the window so that the shadows protected her paile skin. She had just about enough sun for one day. The way the shadows played on her made most of her whiter than paper skin darken slightly. Esept for the eyes. They remined as cold and vivid as ever. She obsurved the boy again then thought back to the list of students she had been taking in while in her dorm. She mostly left the girl's alone because one was like her and perferd her own company to her own and the other was a weak girl that tried to keep up with her in battles of wits but could never quite win.

"Oscar Edwards, first year Raveclaw." Ai said while running a black painted finger over Heruken's back. Had this been the real start of the year she would have been nicer to her fellow Ravenclaw. But she had met to many idiots to be fooled into thinking that making into the House made one more than an intellegent moron. She waited for Oscar to answer while Heruken nuzzled into her arms but kept giving the boy the same cold look that Ai was giving him.

Oscar bit his lip uncomfortably as the girl commanded the cat back, surprisingly the cat stop running and did as it was told. He bent down and picked up Xanthi, his cheeks red with embarrassment. Then the girl spoke to him, he couldn't ask for directions now. That would mortify even more. "Oh...umm...no, not really." he said quietly though his soft wispy voice was still audible.

He looked down at his rat feeling the awkwardness growing between him and the girl though when she said his name and his house Oscar had to look up. How did she know this? "Y-es?" He said noticing the cold glares he was getting. He didn't know this girl at all. How did she know him? "I'm sorry...I don't know your name." He said apologetically. He really shouldn't have stopped to ask for directions. He would have been saved all of this embarassment.

Ai's lips twisted slightly in displeasure. Oscar seemed spinless and weak. Maybe not even worthy of knowing her name. She had half a mind to turn on her heel and leave him there looking stupid but she didn't. "Ai, Ai Adlam. I know you because I made it a point to get a list of my fellow classmates and what they looked like. I have a good memory for names and faces as well for other things." She said. Her voice was harsh and wintery as it always was. The boy's suttering really did hit a nerve after all.

With that Ai turned and started to walk away. "Aren't going to follow, I assum your just as lost as I am." She said icyly. Ai's dress shoes made small taping noises as she walked. The boy could follow if he wanted to. He seemed more likely to get more lost before the day was out as Ai would retace her steps and find her way back. Heruken was purring soflty. The cat only purred for Ai it seemed. It was just the way Ai liked it. Just for her.

Again apoligies -_-

Oscar nodded to the cold girl as she said she had a good memory for names. Oscar could retain the name of every person he met and had a conversation with but for those that for example were called out in the sorting ceremony, he was hopeless. He wondered why this girl was so cold towards him, maybe it was Xanthi. He stroked the rats head, it wasn't his fault that he was terrified of cats.

Oscar kept a firm grip on the rat as the girl walked away. He thought about her offer, he was lost, but she didn't seem to a be a pleasant person. Not like River or Leia. He bit his llip and turned to look behind him. What choice did he have? He hurried after the girl without a single word, his head was bowed down, he caught into step with her. He llet his eyes drift to her then back to the floor he kept his mouth closed.

Ai's food steps where the only sound that could be heard as they walked in perfect silence. The silence was comfertable to Ai but she thought that the little mudblood might want some noice. By the way he was looking at her he was either too afraid to say anything or he was smitten with her. Ai assumed the formar. They where elven for Merlins shaggy left buttcheek they had not right to be smitten with anyone.

Ai enjoyed the thought that her mear attiude could make someone cower anyway. Still Ai decided to fill the silence.

"I lived on dread; to those who know
The stimulus there is
In danger, other impetus
Is numb and vital-less.

As't were a spur upon the soul,
A fear will urge it where
To go without the spectre's aid
Were challenging despair."
Ai ended the poem then looked at Oscar as if asking what he thought. She her voice had been cold and steady as she resited a poem by her favoret auther Emily ****inson. Not may others liked her. She was too mobid for thier taist. She liked though. She was mobid but not overly so in her veiw.

Oscar held onto Xanthi not that he needed to be held in such a tight grip. He was perfectly calm now. No, Oscar did this as he felt an odd tension in the air. Something he used to feel back at his old muggle school when the bullies were around.

Once Ai spoke Oscar jumped a little. It was the coldness in her voice which interrupted the tension-filled silence. But what she was saying interested him. It was indeed a poem. A poem by Emily ****inson. He had a couple of her poems back at his home, his mother liked her a lot. He could feel Ai's eyes on him. He didn't know what he was supposed to say so his eyes looked up from the ground to meet hers. "Emily ****inson." He said simply and quietly. "You must really like her." Oscar said. If someone learned off a poets poem they must either love the poet or the poem itself. Oscar didn't read many poems and so he couldn't recite any but a few lines from a few poems stuck in his head. Some that meant something to him, though he was in no way about to reveal them.

Ai let a sigh slip her lips. "I do. Well I like the poems she writes that talk about death and despair because she doesn't write them as if she is feeling sorry for herself like other weaklings that seem to think getting pitty from others though words is something to be celebrated. Ms. ****inson write as if it's just another part of life." She said then turn another corner.

"The stares are here." She said pointing down. Ai herself would be heading up another way or maybe getting herself lost again so she could see other parts of the school. "Steer clear of me. You are a spinless mudblood that much I am sure of. I have only held my tongue in hopes that another Ravenclaw my be worthy of conversation. Clearly I was wronge." She said. Her words where harsh but her tone stayed cold and flat. With that Ai turned on her heel and walked off into the shadows that kept her safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back