Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Swishy Pear Wand with Boomslang Venom Core
After a long conversation with Marisol about her condition and all the troubles it had caused for her thus far as well as a few other things the boy had lead her to Gryffindor house but had not gone inside himself. Instead he walked down to the Hospital Wing because if he was going to help her get better or at least make her life easier then he had to start getting realistic about his future and the medical field in the wizarding world. Since he had spent his younger years learning the basics of muggle first aid and even a little more than the basics thanks to practice dummies and nurses showing him secretly how things were done Wyatt felt pretty certain that he would at least be some sort of help to the people working in the hospital wing of the school. So the boy walked in and looked around, glad to see it wasn't mayhem here, and knocked on the door of RN Garcia, waiting but not feeling nervous or sheepish like someone his age probably should have. His purpose was above all else at the moment.

The man had been spending more of his time in New Zealand than back in Spain, and he had begun thinking about how much he preferred this job, even though it had a lot of work in it, there was just a novelty about not having to get up early or running drills, not that the lack of structure that he did get in the army was really stopping him here. Felix kept up the fitness, he kept up his knowledge in muggle medicine, it was just better here because he was closer to his family, and that was pretty important to him. The nurse was surprised when someone knocked on his door, of course the hospital wing got visitors and they were usually unannounced but it didn't stop his surprise. The Spanish man sat up slightly straight, straightening the stray paper on his table, "Come in," he told the person, the door was open and he knew if this was a medical emergency then there would be less polite knocking and far more shouting, "What can I do for you?" he asked as the student made their way into the office.

Wyatt walked in when he was called to and though he started to feel a bit of anxiety at the pit of his stomach this was greater than him so he closed the door behind him and though he wasn't offered a seat he took it anyway. "Mr. Garcia, I'm Wyatt Finch - I'm in my third year and I have a proposition for you," he said, sure that this would be mutually beneficial. The boy continued before being asked what it was. "See, I've been around hospitals all my life and I'm going to be a healer," Wyatt had absolutely no doubt about his career path. It had to be in medicine. He had to be a doctor or healer or surgeon. It was really the only way to be able to connect to his father and have some resemblance of normalcy in his life when he had been thrown away like a used tissue to a country he'd never been to and to study something that had pretty much ruined his life. That said his best friend was in more dire straights than he was. "I would like to help here." The boy sat quietly for a moment, allowing Mr Garcia to process what he had just said because he was sure that a busy nurse would have his mind racing a mile a minute in several different directions just to keep up with the work load.

"If privacy is a concern for certain afflicted patients I should disclose that I am aware of Marisol Woods' condition," Wyatt said, feeling his heart ache for her as she had described the pain of it all to him. "I would do anything. If you need someone to clean up vomit or file something away for you I'd be happy to do so," he added with a smile to show that this was the case though he wasn't a particularly peppy person internally. He learnt to hide his emotions from his father because patients and their families didn't care how your day was and you should only be thinking of their care in front of them. Compartmentalizing emotions was Wyatt's specialty by now.

Felix greeted the student who entered warmly, "Please, just Felix," he replied, since he was just a school nurse he didn't think there needed to be such formalities, instead they could just continue on as somewhat equals. He listened along for what the boy was saying, nodding and smiling in understanding, the boy wanted to help out with him in the hospital wing, it was certainly something, and he couldn't imagine wanting to have something like that when he was the boys age, but Felix had been an immature child and clearly by the fact that this boy had at such an age come to him showed he would at least work hard. The boy continued to speak and Felix felt it was unnecessary, "Well, firstly you wouldn't be looking at files or student records because those are private," he told him in a conversational manner, "But, if you are interested in becoming a healer, there's no reason why you can't shadow in the hospital," Felix shrugged at him, "The hospital wing is not too busy most of the time, but an extra pair of hands is always good," Since they weren't too many at the wing then it would help to have a young pair of hands doing some of the manual labour. Felix nodded to himself, "One thing to understand that'll be up to the patients if they want you there shadowing when either myself or my colleagues deal with them, and you are never allowed to repeat any of the private information you learn," Felix was sure then he had cover his bases, "I'm only part-time, so you might have to deal with my colleagues, does that all sound alright to you?"

Wyatt nodded - he was sure that he wouldn't be looking into records he had just come up with the first thing that popped into his head. Still the boy's smile grew as he listened to Felix say that he could shadow the healers here. He hoped that this would help him in the future because more than anything he wanted to be a surgeon - since that wasn't going to happen this was his next best option and helping people like Marisol was an added bonus. The boy nodded and said, "Of course. I'll sign a non-disclosure agreement if you like?" The boy didn't know if that was necessary but with a lawyer for a mother he could easily have her read over anything for him and advise him appropriately but the benefits outweighed any negatives and so far that was really just what being in the medical field was about. Doctor/patient confidentiality was of upmost importance only under to the hippocratic oath. "That's amazing, thank you!" The boy hadn't felt this happy in a long while so he was glad that Felix was so willing to help him.

The man nodded, "That's a pretty good idea," he told the boy and picked up a nearby quill and wrote it down on a spare bit of parchment, "I'll have something drawn up in time for when you start," Felix nodded to himself and he'd be sure to have something for the him to sign, it was entirely a formality really but it was easier to have that in case something went wrong. Felix was pretty pleased that the boy was happy, so he stood up, and held out his hand to him, "No problem, Wyatt, I'll owl you with some details soon once everything's cleared up," he told him. The nurse was sure there was a deeper reason to why this boy wanted to shadow a nurse at the school but it was pretty fair, he was surprised that in his time at hogwarts this was the first time it had happened, but he was happy to encourage it. The student would gain from it and would hopefully help them if they wanted to continue on a healer path in their career following school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back