Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Jordie had gone over this in his head a hundred times. He'd talked to Onyx about it, he'd figured out the best way to do this. He took a little extra care with his appearance today; carefully styling his hair, some subtle eyeliner, a casual but cute outfit. He hurried to the library, knowing he would probably find Eoin here. He smiled brightly as he spotted his friend. Jordie took a deep breath and casually strolled over. He pulled up a chair, turning it backwards and settling in it. "Hi, Eoin," he greeted softly, smiling brightly.

It was not an unusual sight to see Eoin sat in the library with his nose shoved in a book. Today was just the same as every other day, he'd picked a quiet corner, picked a couple of books from the shelves, and had gotten to reading them. He needed to if he wanted to read every book the library had to offer before he graduated. It was only the sound of a chair scraping against the ground which pulled him out of his little bubble, blinking as he glanced up to see who it was, surprise flickering across his features for just a moment as he took in the boy now sitting opposite. "Jordie," he greeted in return before turning his attention back to his book, "What are you doing here?"

Jordie pouted a little when Eoin turned so quickly back to his book. He scooted forward a little, ducking his head to try and catch Eoin's eye. "I came to see you," He replied easily, brushing his curls back out of his eyes. "I wanted to ask you something," He started, reaching over to put a finger on the edge of Eoin's book, trying to win back the boys attention.

Eoin pressed his lips together slightly when a finger appeared in his peripheral vision and pulled his book across the desk a little. The Ravenclaw sighed as he looked up from it again, fixing his gaze on the Hufflepuff sitting across from him. "What did you want to ask?" It would have just been easier of Jordie had come out and just asked it instead of beating around the bush so much.

Jordie smiled, pleased he had Eoin's full attention. "I want you to come to the yule ball with me," He replied easily. He was proud his voice didn't waver. His heart was beating furiously in his chest, he was sure the blush on his cheeks was obvious. He was holding his breath waiting for an answer.

"You want to go with the Yule Ball with- Huh?" His expression changed as the words the Hufflepuff had actually just registered in his brain. All Eoin could do was sit there and blink rather stupidly across the table at Jordie for a moment. And then a moment longer. Was Jordie actually asking him to the ball, like a date? That is what people did, right? They asked their dates to go to the ball with them. That is what was happening right then, right? "Well... I mean... I... uh," he fumbled over his words, almost forgetting the English language, suddenly feeling all hot under the collar, anxiously pulling at his tie to loosen it off.

Jordie smiled brightly, giving Eoin a few minutes to process it. Eoin was so cute when he got all flustered. After a bit, Jordie leaned forward, resting his arms on the back of the chair and his chin on his arms. "Yeah! I mean, it should be fun, right? I took my friend Aerin last year, she let me do her hair for her and it was really fun! I think it could be a good break from our studies," he offered, grimacing a little at the mention of his studies. He still wasn't sure he was doing well with his course work.

He tried to compose himself again, though found himself frowning slightly as Jordie told him that last year he had gone with Aerin. Now that name he recognized. "She tried to hit me in the head with an arrow last year," he was quick to respond, his dislike of the girl rather obvious from his tone of voice. "But I don't know... I mean... you don't mean we go as a date or something, right? Just as friends?" At least, he really hoped that was the case.

Jordie's eyes widened. "She did what?" He asked, incredulous, curious why Aerin would do something like that. He would have to ask her later. His smile faded a little bit as Eoin continued. "Well," he mused, "I would be alright with either. Both. So, whichever makes you more comfortable, I suppose," he offered.

"She tried to hit me in the head with her bow and arrow," he repeated, already feeling rilled up again just talking about it. Though it was more concerning right then that Jordie had just admitted he would be fine going as dates. "Just as friends," he said the words carefully, making sure that Jordie was actually listening to him, "I don't... do... dating. Not right now." He was still too young to be worrying about such things like relationships.

Jordie nodded as Eoin said they could go as friends, eyes lighting up anyway. His mind latched onto the 'not right now' at the end, immediately thinking that Eoin liked him too and just didn't want to date yet. He laughed brightly, he had no problems waiting. If Onyx could take forever to date his french boy when it was obvious that they were meant to be, then Jordie could do no less and wait however long he needed to for Eoin. He ran a hand through his hair, smiling brightly at the other boy. "Of course! Just friends," he agreed easily. "I can pick you up at the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room if you want. Or maybe we could meet up outside of the Great hall," he offered.

Eoin wasn't even sure he would want to date someone while he was still in school. Too much of his time was taken up as it was already with his extra studying and the homework and the time he spent down by the lake. Dating would just take up too much time, not to mention it would mean worrying about someone else as well. "You don't need to pick me up," he was rather quick to respond with a shake of his head, "I'm pretty sure I can manage the stairs by myself. It's a waste of time for you to climb all the stairs only to have to go down them all again."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back