The Displeasure of Your Company

Sophia Stark

OOC First Name
Kaela
Sophia was happy. It was such an odd feeling for the Slytherin, but there it was. Being back in school was not that great, but she did have at least a couple of friends she could tolerate around here. And although it did stink to be cooped up with the numerous people she did not like Sophia was rather enjoying getting to learn again. She had become a little rusty in her spellcasting and it was nice to catch up. It wasn't nearly as hard as she had thought it would be either. After all, the Slytherin was a hard worker.

Then there was Daniel. Although she detested the idea of being away from him so long the saying 'distance makes the heart grow fonder' often came to her mind. It felt so true for the teenager. As she read his letters and wrote her responses and thought about him she found her heart swelling. How was it possible that Sophia Stark of all people could be so consumed with adoration for a boy? No, not a boy, a man.

After Arithmancy had concluded Sophia left the classroom and started down the corridor. She was thinking of Daniel and turned the wrong way without realizing it. Once this dawned on the Slytherin she turned around and started back the other way. Her thoughts were very occupied by her boyfriend and the noirette was paying absolutely no attention to where she was going. This was a dangerously bad idea, for Sophia soon found herself running square into someone.

Stepping back the sixth year looked to see who she had run into. The dreamy look that was previously on her pale face was replaced by a smirk as soon as she saw who was standing before her.

"Well well, fancy running into you." Sophia raised her eyebrows momentarily, her voice viciously polite. She stood up straight, her open robe revealing a sleeveless sweater over top of a long-sleeved shirt, a slightly shorter than normal skirt, and a pair of black heels. The Slytherin had her black messenger bag draped over her torso as usual, her black hair hanging straight as a pin on either side of her face.

Arithmancy was the one class Ford tried to stay awake in, rather than directly falling asleep. That is not to say he did not fall asleep, he apathy was much to thick for that. However, his fear of Manteia was paramount in keeping his efforts alive each time he entered the classroom. But now that class was over, he could go sleep peacefully elsewhere and forget the lingering tingling sensation in his nethers from when Lily had sacked him. He pulled himself out of his chair sluggishly and sauntered out into the hall at a lazy pace, he was in no rush after all. At some point eating would be necessary, but that would come in time. He began walking down the hall yawning when he ran into something. Bloody, he thought as he opened his eyes to see the last person he wanted to see, "Hell..." He completed unconsciously.

Before him stood Sophia, who looked ultimately too pleased for this encounter than was healthy. What in the nine hells does she want now? Ford thought to himself petulantly, I just want to get a good all-afternoon nap. He pulled himself together into the waking world as well as he could and put on his usual expressionless mask. "Fancy indeed, unusual even," Ford greeted with a sigh. "Is there something her highness would like?" He mocked, not bothering to hide his displeasure.

Sophia's smirk strengthened as Ford spoke. Oh yes, this encounter could definitely prove to be fun. Annoying as he was Ford was quite enjoyable to torture. Sure he won their battles quite often, but Sophia was in high spirits today. And if she was not mistaken Ford was not on his game. He looked a little...sleepy?

"Her highness...?" Sophia nodded a bit as she considered the name, her gaze moving to look at nothing in particular as she rolled it around in her mind. "I like it," she concluded as her gray eyes traveled back to Ford. "Now if only you would treat me as such we would be golden."

Ford rubbed his eye sleepily, "Golden? We would, wouldn't we." He glanced at her through his hand, she had no other reason to bother him than to toy with him. Which meant she had something up her sleeve to dangle in front of him to make him upset. What is it with girls and this drama crap? He sighed to himself, he supposed he should make an effort to wake up so that she didn't embarass him right in front of the classroom.

"Not unlike your eyes used to be? Do you want me to get some gasoline and a wand so I can ignite for you?" He yawned, "Admittedly, it would be a good show. Hells, I could dance. That would be a death worth doing."

Sophia rolled her eyes at Ford's comments, not at all visibly phased. The eyes thing was getting old. She had gotten used to the color change, it was about time everyone else did too. Besides, the attempt was pathetic at best. Really, was that the best he had, to poke fun at the ability she used to have?

"I have a wand right here, and I certainly do not need...anything but that." The Slytherin was going to repeat the other word but she truly had no idea what it was. Ford was constantly throwing muggle words at her that Sophia simply did not understand.

"And as delightful as watching you burn to crisp would be, I would rather like to keep you in tact. At least for a while."

"Oh yes, so you can toy with me?" Ford asked rhetorically, "You've obviously got something to dangle in front of me, so let's here it." He sighed dramatically, "Is this really necessary? Are you back with Bruin again? Because, that stuff is getting old." If this was all she was going to do, Ford might as well just turn and go take his nap now. Sophia was many things, and as Ford saw it, she was also petty and controlling. The perfect example of the crazy ex. He crossed his arms and awaited Sophia's half-assed response, he had better things to do than spar with the craziest girl in Slytherin.

A disgusted look came upon Sophia's pale face when a certain Gryffindor was mentioned. "I would never date Bruin," she declared, sounding offended. Why would Ford suggest such a thing? Sure the thought had crossed her mind at times during third and fourth year, but that was forever ago. Things had changed, and so had she.

The Slytherin was not too pleased at having lost her cool, even if it was just a little. She quickly regained herself, but she did not smirk. Sophia opened her gray eyes wide, looking at Ford with a seductively doey stare. "Besides, why would I want to be with Bruin when I could be with you?" The sixth year's voice was silky smooth as she spoke, her gaze boring into Ford. She wanted him to believe it, and it was not too hard to act. After all, he was rather good looking.

Were all women this batnuts crazy? Or was it just the ones Ford seemed to encounter on a daily basis? He had just got crotch rocked and now Sophia was acting warm and friendly, which was just how Lily had been acting. Not today. Not again. Ford thought, and gave an exasperated sigh. "Do you have a point? Or are to just going to make an ass of yourself right here in the hallway." It wasn't really a question. With the physical reminder of his recent encounter with Lily still hanging around, Ford did not exactly have any patience for games, toying, or, well, women in general.

Sophia sighed, her look morphing into one of complacency. "You're right. Anyone flirting with you would have to be a fool. I can do much, much better than a pathetic little boy such as yourself." No Ford was not little, and in fact he was technically older than Sophia, but she did not care. She smirked at her housemate, feeling good. Ford may not be playing her game as she had hoped, but the sixth year was not about to let that ruin her good mood. After all, she had Daniel, and he had no one.

Why is she sticking around? Ford thought, exasperated with the whole affair already. It was quite astounding how quickly one's opinion of another could change so drastically. Only a bit ago Ford would have killed to have flirted with Sophia, but anymore he tired of her presence. Maybe if I called her fat, she'd leave me alone? He pondered, but quickly reconsidered. Sophia was like him in that it would be impossible to walk away peacefully from such a slight. Retaliation would have been the only recourse.

"Then why do you find it necessary to make yourself feel better by harassing me, if I'm such a pathetic person?" He raised an eyebrow, more out of unconscious habit than out of his usual mischievousness.

This encounter was turning out to be considerably more boring than Sophia had expected. Ford was not being his usual feisty self. Where was his fight? She had been hoping for something more heated than this. Oh well, Sophia was not about to give up yet. Ford had not walked away, so there was still a chance of getting under his skin.

"Well, a girl has got to amuse herself somehow. And that is about all you are good for really, amusement." The smirk on the noirette's face grew somewhat, becoming a bit more malicious.

Ford sighed to himself, she really wanted to bring it down right now, didn't she. Perhaps it wasn't amusement she kept him around for, it was a fight. Perhaps that was how the ice queen let her emotions out? Though Ford couldn't care less, Sophia brought with her too much drama. And Ford was a bit worried that since she could no longer conflagarate anyone, she would be even more angry than usual.

"And all you are you good for is coming around and being a pain in the ass," Ford retorted, and immediately wished he hadn't. For some reason, he had suddenly gotten fed up with the situation at hand, and let himself lose control momentarily. A mistake he would soon regret making, if he knew Sophia.

"A pain in the ass?" Sophia repeated the words in a drawling tone, much like the one she used to speak in often. Her thin brows were raised in question, almost daring him to continue. Sophia Stark was more than just a pain, and Ford would admit that.

"How...eloquent of you. Although I think you are forgetting that I am a very good kisser." Ford could try and deny it all he wanted, but Sophia knew it was true. Ford himself had said it, as had Daniel, and every other guy she had ever kissed. A smirk was evident on the noirette's lips as she stared at her housemate, awaiting his retort.

Where was she going with this? Ford couldn't help but be puzzled by the girl's intentions, usually she got down to business quickly. Sophia had a reason for this wonderful conversation, Ford was just not able to piece together what it was. And the conversation was starting to dull on Ford, she was dangling him so that she could hit him with...something...

"I suppose one must count their qualities," he said in a bored tone, hoping vainly she'd get the hint and leave him alone. "However limited in quantity or use they are."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back