The Beginning of a Friendship

Ashton Rook

OOC First Name
Sammy
Ashton was spending yet another day in the library, it seemed to be his home during the school year. When he wasn't asleep, or at class he was here nose deep in a book. Ashton tool a momentary glance up from the text he was reading and saw that it was nice and sunny outside Maybe I should go outside every once and a while... Soak up some vitamin D Ashton thought for a moment before looking down at his pale skin. He shrugged it off before looking back down at his book. Who needed sunshine anyways? He took a deep breath inhaling the smell of the books before returning his full attention to the non-fiction in front of him

Nick was seriously quiet bored. So bored in fact that he decided to venture out into the library, the one place that he would never be caught. Oddly he tried to work on his studies so he could show his family that he was worth something. While walking up and down each isle, he saw other students either reading or working on papers for classes. He also noticed that the sun was brightly shining as well. "Mental note....GO OUTSIDE! Nick almost jumped at himself as he spoke in his mind.

With that mental note, Nick still decided to walk up and down the isles. Oddly he was hoping to find a friend. He didn't have many because some thought the way he acted was just rude. He couldn't help it most of the time. The way Nick behaved now was almost in his system. Probably close enough to where it was almost his nature.

Without Nick knowing his way around that well he took a right turn to one of the windows so quickly he almost tripped over a kid sitting in a chair.
"Hey watch it!" he hushed as he tried to be silent.

Ashton gave out a yelp as someone tripped over him, "Me watch it!? How about you moron!" he hissed trying to be silent while glaring at the boy. Merlin some people were so idiotic. Ashton gave one last glare to the boy before trying to return back to his book. He couldn't really completely get back into it knowing that kid was still there, he could knock down a bookcase at any time, so instead he set his book down and crossed his arms waiting for the boy who obviously didn't belong there to leave.

"Well excuse me if I don't own the library and know the layout. I'm rarely in here to begin. I'd feel too much like a geek." Nick said as he defended himself. Wasn't complete his fault to begin with. Nick wasn't really looking for a fight but if this argument would turn into one then so be it.
"Considering you're in here studying you must be a Ravenclaw." As rude as it sounded, Nick wasn't calling out this kid.

Ashton rolled his eyes at the boys poor attempt for a come back, wanting to do the best you could was not being a geek. "If you don't hush up we'll both get kicked out, and since when did studying make you a Ravenclaw? Everyone studies. However I'm guessing your Gryffindor, all brawns and no brains? Although by the looks of you, you don't have much brawns either" Ashton remarked smirking at the boy. Not wanting to get kicked out and not wanting to listen to the boys idiocy anymore Ashton picked up his book and began reading again.

Nick stood on the opposite side of the table. He took his index finger and pushed hard on the book so it would slam on the table.
"Oh really now? Is that so? Its just that every house has their own sterotypes. Plus I'd like to bet that I do have brawns. As for brains well...I can agree with you on that." Nick said almost laughing. All this commotion was just a little test so to say.
"Well I'll give you points for being quick. I'm Nick." he said with a smirk. "There is a slight chance that maybe this kid could be friendly competition."

Ashton growled a little as he slammed his book down on the table, way to damage it. Ashton was throughly confused when the boy went from ready for a fight to friendly within seconds, "Are you bi-polar?" Ashton asked not trying to be rude. Ashton looked around awkwardly before turning his eyes back to the boy, he was just supposed to go from being a jerk to nice all of a sudden? "Uh, I'm Ashton" he offered.

"If that's what you wish to call it go ahead. I just call it a anger-tick." Nick was laughing so hard on the inside. He had learned to deal with it in a way. Once the tick comes on, Nick will be like that for a while and then it will fade away. Its weird. He had learned to just roll with it and if it went too far, he would apologize for it.

"Let's just say I'm a very weird child. Nice to meet ya." Nick said as he sat near the window but close enough to the table.
"So what's the crummy book you got all up in your face about?"

Ashton listened as the boy started explaining is 'anger ticks' He really should go see a doctor Ashton thought sighing on the inside, he was sure there was some sort of medicine for that kind of thing. "Yeah, nice to meet you too... I guess" Ashton mumbled. He wasn't a people person to say the least. The young Ravenclaw rolled his eyes as Nick asked about his 'crummy book', "Its about the human body from a muggle perspective, you know, Science?" Ashton replied sliding the book across the table towards Nick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back