The Bad Feeling

Artemis Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Fir Wand 14 1/8" Essence of Sphinx Remains
Artemis clutched her forehead that morning. It was hurting so badly. She didn't know why, but she had a guess. Probably it was because of her lack of sleep yesterday. She wasn't able to sleep because of studying for some of her subjects. She refused to sleep that night. Now it was the morning, the black circles under her eyes, were probably forming already. Artemis groaned. Also, it might be the heat that is causing it. That morning was terribly hot, so Artemis stayed in the shower for some extra few minutes too store some of the cool water on her body.

Artemis stepped out of the shower. She dried herself and put on her uniform. After doing all of this, she stood up to check her own reflection at the long mirror in the bathroom. Artemis stumbled because of the pain her head. She didn't feel good. She wanted to rest, puke, and sleep for the rest of her life. It was definitely a bad feeling. Artemis groaned louder. 'This is really going to be a bad day...'

Artemis reached the mirror to look at herself. When she looked at the mirror, a girl looked back at her with sleek and shiny blonde hair and her face was as pale as sheet. Artemis was horrified! She wished she just didn't look at herself. It was like looking at a pale, sickly little girl who looked sleepy and pathetic.

Artemis tried her best to run to the Hospital Wing as fast as she can. She didn't stop even if she could feel the blood in her head pounding. The more steps she took, the more pain shot into her head. It really hurt badly. Artemis wasn't going to give up at this. She wanted to be healed... instantly.

The young Slytherin stopped in front of the Hospital Wing's doors. She caught her breath in a few minutes time and peeped inside the Wing. Very few students were inside. About 2 or 3 only. Artemis was glad. She didn't really like a lot of students looking at her when she wasn't feeling well. She carefully took a step inside.

"Hello? Is anybody here?"

Aisling wasn't too busy that morning. It as a beautiful day, if a bit on the hot side, and she just had a few cases of a sick stomach, and a boy with a broken ankle. She was just performing the spell on his leg, when the door opened. "Just a moment, love." she called, as she frowned in concentration, her Irish accent warm and welcoming-as always. "Brackium Emendo." she whispered, quickly, and with a swift click the bone was back in place. As was procedure, she checked him over, within a few minutes, twisting his foot one way, then the other-t make sure that the bone had set correctly. "Alright, over there with you, there's some pumpkin juice with your name on it." she smiled, sending the boy over to the area of the hospital wing that she had set up with armchairs and coffee tables. It was useful in case people were visiting their friends and it was where she got children to sit, while she had them "under observation." Usually she gave them hot chocolate, but it was too warm today, so she had switched to pumpkin juice. She walked ast the girl with the sick stomach, who was slowly regaining some colour in her cheeks and came over to the girl who was waiting by the door.

"Hello Sweetheart, you don't look very well, how about you take a lie down and tell me what's wrong." she suggested, leading the girl toward one of the beds. She didn't look well at all. Her face was pale and drawn, and there were beads of sweat on her forehead. Her eyes were drooped and tired. With a flick of her wrist, Aisling had summoned a basin, full of cool, clear water and a cloth, which she dipped in the water. She dabbed it over the girls forehead-she had a fever. "Now, it looks like you have a bit of fever-could be a problem, but don't worry." To be honest, she wasn't sure what was wrong with her-it looked like possible heat stroke-and if it was, she would be able to prevent it from escalating, or becoming dangerous. Also, the girl looked tired, now came the questioning. "What's your name dear?" she asked, her voice soothing, she needed to know more, before she could diagnose the girl. "Have you been sleeping well? Or, have you maybe thrown up?" she asked, if she had, it was most likely heat stroke-and with weather like this-she was surprised if this was her first case. "Would you like a drink?" she asked. As she dampened the cloth once more.

Artemis was greeted by one of the new nurses in Hogwarts. Arty was glad that the new staff member came quickly into noticing her. She really wanted to rest badly. She could feel her head throbbing fast and the blood in her ears, pounding. She saw a nurse go to her and with a concern look on her face she led Artemis to one of the beds in the Wing. Artemis was really glad she did this. She wanted to rest for her whole life. She was almost drenched in sweat when she laid her head down on the comfortable pillow.

"I feel weak. Terribly weak. And it looks like my head is hammering itself. It hurts badly." Artemis mumbled weakly. "My eyelids feel droopy. And I'm really tired." The day was really warm, and Artemis thought that probably this could be one of the factors that's causing her to feel weak. Something was bothering her. Probably it was the weather. Or maybe lack of sleep. Arty didn't really care about that at the moment. All she wanted was to go back to normal. Shifting her body to a more comfortable position, she looked at the girl beside her. "My name's Artemis Jackson. I'm a 1st year ma'am. From the Slytherin House." "Have you been sleeping well? Or, have you maybe thrown up?" asked the girl. "Last night's sleep was pretty bad. I didn't really sleep for a lot of time. I didn't have time." she admitted. "Oh no, I haven't been throwing up. But sometimes, I feel like it. It's uncomfortable, so I decided to come here." Artemis agreed to have a drink. She really needed it badly. She licked her dry lips and waited for the nurse to hand it over to her.

Aisling smiled as the girl lay down on the bed. "Now that your comfortable, we'll see what we can do for you." she spoke quietly, and sweetly, but she was slightly worried, the girl definitely wasn't doing well. Aisling smiled as the girl told her what was wrong, nodding to acknowledge that she had heard-definetly heat stroke, but she didn't want to alarm her. "Well, Atremis, this sounds like a mild case of Heat stroke, but it's not really sertious, so we can deal with it." she replied, and immediately busied herself. She flicked her wand, closing all the blinds in the room. and she turned on the airconditioning full blast. As she did this, she got some grumbles from other invalids, who were suddenly cold, with a quick summoning charm, she had several hot-water bottles ready to go, and she handed them out among th eother students.

She wasn't too worried about Artemis, but she knew that she needed to be under supervision, so she quickly prepared a cool, icy, glass of pumpkin juice, and levitated it beside her, as she carried over a bundle of ice-packs. "Here you go Artemis, there's your drink, now I need to give you some ice-packs, so we can bring down your temperature-unfortunately-there's no magical sollution to heat stroke yet, we just have to keep you in a cool shady place, and we have to put ice-packs at your feet, on your stomach, and under each arm, now if you start to feel cold-tell me because that means your getting better." she directed, and as she was speaking, she placed the ice-packs in the correct places. "Now, if you think you can sleep-go ahead, but otherwise, I'll sit here beside you..." at this she conjured a nice, comfy armchair "And keep an eye on you." she added, as she sat down. She waited, to see whether Artemis was going to go to sleep or not.

The cool pillows almost hypnotized Artemis to sleep. It was so soft and comforting, that she just wanted to live with it. The bed was also comfortable. It wasn't warm, which made Artemis very glad. She smiled and nodded weakly at the Madame Finnigan. Even nodding was even difficult to do! Artemis groaned at the sudden pain that shoot inside her brain. It was pretty stupid trying to nod her head when you have a headache, but Artemis wanted to show her appreciation, so she did it.

The nurse finally told her that she might has a mild case of heat stroke though, not that bad. "Alright then." Artemis managed to say, again, weakly. At the moment that Madame Finnigan looked away from the young Slytherin, she took advantage by looking at her palm. God, it was like she was a corpse that was raised from the dead. Her hand was really pale and it looked like no blood was flowing through it. This made Artemis's heart beat faster. She hoped she would be better as soon as possible.

Artemis drank hungrily from the glass of pumpkin juice. It tasted just as exactly the same she experienced just 2 days ago, it's just that, this time, it was more appreciated by her. Since she was ill. The ice-packs helped her too. She felt her headache decreasing. She smiled thankfully at the nurse with great appreciation. Once the ice-packs were put in the correct place, she turned her head to face the nurse and watch her speak. After Madame Finnigan's response, a relieved sigh escaped the young Slytherin. "Aah. Thank you." She needed sleep badly. Especially this time that the temperature was lower since the airconditioner was put on to its highest. She didn't hesitate to sleep or not. Her decision was decisive. She would love to rest. Probably just 45 minutes would be fine with her. Or probably 1 hour. She slowly closed her eyes and let the darkness surround her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back