That's not my name

Sapphire Bookchild

OOC First Name
Ana V.
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Sapphire had gotten particularly hard time in Astronomy that day because she could not explain what the teacher had called on her to talk about. Not because she didn't know the material in fact Sapphire loved Astronomy because she could actually put some explanation to the stars instead of believing that they where just an entity there to rock her to sleep. What had given Sapphire a hard time was that she could not speak and there for could not give the teacher any answer she was looking for whether it was right or wrong.

Thing was that the day didn't seem to be quite through with her yet. It wasn't Sapphire's way to be this unalert but somehow she had been. A door collided with her back sending her forward and her glasses flying along with the books she had been caring in her hands while she landed on her hands. There where not many people in the halls so Sapphire started to crawl around for her missing glasses when it seemed the whole of Gryffendor house seemed to want to come out of where ever they had come from.

No one seemed to notice poor Sapphire on her hands and knees though crawling around for her missing glasses. She wound around legs trying to see if no kicked the glasses somewhere. Finally she realized that she was being a bit silly. Sapphire took out her wand and mouthed Accio glasses only to have nothing come to her. Sapphire tried again and again only to fail every time. It didn't occur to her that her flustered state may have been contributing lack of successes. Finally Sapphire crawled into a corner and put her hands on her face deeming herself a failer.

Keitaro was bored of being in his common room as he had been studying all day. Even if he was a book worm there was only so much that he could take right now and the weather outside was just too good to not be gettin out for a while. Keitaro loved being out side in the open. When he got his own house he wanted to live in a forest somewhere. Maybe abroad in like the amazon or somewhere remote like that. It would be great. He thought to himself happily as he made his way onto the seventh floor corridor. His common room was quite high up but he liked to walk around the school every now and then, just for something to do really.

As he walked through the corridor he had to make his way around all the other students making their way around the school. Why was this corridor so crowded whilst the others were so quiet. Keitaro shook his head as he walked. As he made his way to the door he saw out of the corner of his eye a girl sat on the floor. It didnt actually register with his until he had walked trough the door. Stopping in his tracks and frowning as he turned on his heels and walked back into the other corridor he looked at the girl in the corner. He looked around and saw books on the floor. He assumed that they were hers so began to pick them up as well as a pair of glasses that were quite a distance away. Once he had everything he walked back to her and knelt down by her side and smile. "Hey. Are these your books and glasses?" He asked as he handed them to her

Sapphire looked up and squinted. She managed to see the blur of a boy with a funny shape in what she supposed was his hand. Sapphire heard him ask if they where her glasses and she smiled so brightly in relife. She reached up and took the glasses from his hand and put them on quickly. Thank you Sapphire signed before taking the book from him. Sapphire was so grateful that someone had found them. She really couldn't see a thing without them or so she thought.

She didn't know when her eyes had gotten bad. They hadn't been bad before but now she couldn't live without them. Sapphire let it go and sighed. She was about to sign another thank you when she took a good look at him. The boy that had given her back her glasses was handsome. More than most of the boys she came in contact with. Except Collen but he was busy with other girls that giggled and flirted around him. Sapphire didn't really understand why. They were eleven and Sapphire didn't even know how to flirt. Sapphire blushed, squeaked and ducked behind a statue dropping the books again as she nearly flew away to hide.

(sorry about the delay. I have been a bit tied up with other characters)

Keitaro smiled kindly at the girl as she put on her glasses and took her books. She suited glasses. They brought out her pretty features. "Dont mention it." He said standing up and offering her a hand to stand back up. He frowned slightly in confusion when she squeeked at him and ran off and ducked behind a statue. He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Um ok then." He said walking over to the book that she had again dropped. He didnt go around the back of the statue though in case he scared her so he stayed on the other side. "Urm you dropped a book again." He said loudly so that she would hear but not too loudly that the whole school could hear. He didnt want to make a scene. She seemed shy and he wouldnt want to do that to her

Sapphire peeked from around the statue and blinked a few times. She wondered why the boy still here. She had done this all the time when Collen was around and he just walked right on by as if he didn't notice her. Then again she was acting strangely but Sapphire couldn't help it. When she saw someone that looked beyond the standards of normal beauty Sapphire got the urge to hide. This was probably because one could call her mother Dympna was beautiful but the woman was also the most frightening person in the world.

Sapphire stretched out her hand to take the book while still keeping her face half hidden behind the statue. There was a slight lack of self confidence in Sapphire that made her think that someone that handsome should not have to look at someone like her. She was not physically deformed but her handicap made her imperfect. Sapphire had always been told that it was her imperfection that made people not want to look at her.

Keitaro watch her take the book. He found it strange in the manner that she was acting. Had he done something wrong? Maybe approached her too fast and startled her maybe? What ever the reason Keitaro's curious side kicked in and he couldnt help but know why she was acting the way she was. "You know i dont bite you dont have to be so scared of me. Whats up?" He asked her in his high pitch voice as it ha not yet broken. "Im keitaro." He said with a smile. He thought that if he introduced himself with a nice smile then it may make her more at ease around him. He didnt really want to talk to her through a statue.

Sapphire put her hand to her lips to show that she was laughing. She found it funny that his voice rose like that. She knew she was acting strangely but she couldn't help it most of the time. "Sapphire Clow." She said in sign language. If he couldn't understand her then she would try something else. Sapphire hoped he could understand her though. IT was a lot more trouble to have to try and communicate with people that didn't understand her signs. She was half way out from behind the statue now.

Keitaro watched her hands and he quicky understood. She couldt talk. Luckily for the both of them he knew sign language. Sorry i didnt realise. Nice name by the way i suits you well. He said using sign language. He had studied it not long ago, he had thought it may come on useful one day and looks like he had been right. Are you a fist year then?. He said moving his hands in the specific ways to what she would understand. He liked doing this, it made him feel a little more in tune with her

Sapphire crept out from behind the statue now. It wasn't often that they beautiful boy tried to talk her. She sighed when she saw him sign again. Sapphire's dark blue eyes seemed to sparkle when he signed that he thought her name suited her. Sapphire always thought that she had been named after her eyes. "Yes I'm a first year. Your one too. I have class with you." She signed. Had he not been in Astronomy with her? "Oh and I can hear you I just can't speak." She signed. She had to let him know she Keitaro would know that and think that he had to sign the whole time.

Keitaro smiled at her as she seemed to be happy that he could do sign language. Oh yeh we most probably do, cat think which though, im usually to into work to notice, well anyone really He signed to her then giggled at what he had told her. I guessed you could hear me but i thought this way would be more personal for you. He signed before speaking. "If you prefer i can talk but i dont mind either way." He said sitting down on the base of the statue

Sapphire was happy when she found out that others could sign because it meant that she could talk to them more easily. There was something more to it in this instance though. Sapphire just couldn't pinpoint what it was at this point. "I notice but that probably because I watch people in class. Not in a creepy way. It's just interesting to see what everyone is up to." Sapphire seemed to glow a bit when Keitaro told her that he thought it more personal if he talked to her in sign language. "Anything is alright with me. I just didn't want you to get tired of it." Sapphire signed with a grin on her face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back