That Moon Song

Megara Bennett

OOC First Name
Alexis
With NEWTs coming up so closely Megara hardly felt the need to socialize with people but she was feeling lonely and the only person that she hadn't lost contact with or actually knew decently was Gideon who she talked to on a regular basis anyway. At least when she was certain her mother wasn't reading her letters and keeping them from being sent to her best friend. For some reason their parents didn't approve of their friendship. One side thinking that the other was a bad influence and vice versa when Meg and Gideon both knew too well that their misdeeds were no one's fault but their own and that while they plotted together it wouldn't have made any difference because they were mischievous in nature. It was part of what bonded them together so tightly and part of what made her care so deeply for the young man. In fact, it was part of the reason she accepted the ring that was on her thin finger. Since Megara was certain that Gideon had no clue that it was, in fact, an engagement ring she had not mentioned it and just relished at the thought that their was a prospect for things to move this way although she loathed herself for being such a frilly girl.

And yet here Megara was grinning foolishly to herself as she picked up a quill to write to her "betrothed".

Dear Gideon,
I fear that NEWTs have swallowed me into a pit of despair and I will require your company on the next Brightstone Weekend for Firewhiskey and fun. That is, if you can stop being an adult for an hour or two for your lovely best friend. In all seriousness, Gid, I loathe studying and wish that I could skip it all and be out in the so-called real world although I'm sure you will not hesitate to tell me how hard your life is, right G?

Yours,
Megara.

Megara put the quill down and glanced at her engagement ring once more and sighed wistfully before heading off to the Owlery where she could be certain her mother wouldn't intercept the letter from reaching Gideon because she needed the comfort he provided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back