Talking with Friends > Studying

Annamarie Rousseau

Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather (Fortified w/ Yew)
Annamarie was once again attempting to study. She had been staring blankly at the same page of her Muggle Studies book for the past 20 minutes. She could probably recite the importance of indoor plumbing word for word by now. Anna let her thoughts wander. These first couple of weeks back seemed to be going by so fast, but it felt like she had little to show for it. Sure her room was finally decorated, clothes finally unpacked, and courses finally picked, but hadn't had much time for some pure fun. Anna sighed and pushed aside her Muggle Studies book and unceremoniously flung her Astronomy book to replace it. She laid her head on book face down on the book. She was tempted to bang her head on it a couple of times in hopes that the information would sink in faster, but she really didn't want to risk the headache that would surely follow. Studying blows she sighed melodramatically.

Alyssa's heels clicked on the floor as she walked into the Library slowly yet gracefully, she never really hurried anywhere because it wasn't in her nature to feel rushed. Her Outfit was as usual, preppy and expensive like she often preferred it to be. Why she was actually in the this pat of the castle she really couldn't say, Alyssa rarely when to the Library to study or finish her homework. But she needed to get some research for some Herbology Homework that she seriously needed to finish before she went off and did anything else that day. If she wasn't so into getting good grades this year she would have cared less about her homework, but since Alyssa did care she was stuck researching for the next couple of hours. Walking over to a remotely empty table that already had one girl at it, she placed her pink messenger bag on the table carefully.

"Whoa. Annamarie...is zat you?" Her french accent remained with her to this very day but she didn't know if Annamarie would remember it in the first place. Alyssa's full 5'10 height made her pretty much tower over her sitting form and her crystal blue eyes stared at the girl curiously. She really hoped that this was Annamarie, she hadn't seen one of her first friends here since..well...awhile ago.

As Annamarie's snapped her head up at the sound of her name, her dark brown bangs fell her eyes. She recognized the voice and eagerly pulled her hair out of her face so she could fully see the owner of the voice. "Alyssa!" she said happily, rising from her seat. She had to stretch every inch of her 5 foot 4 inch frame to reach and hug her friend. "Holy Merlin you got tall!" she said with a giggle and a friendly smile.

If height was any indication of how long it had been since Anna had last seen Alyssa then it had clearly been too long. Even though their relationship was not the closest when she transferred to Salem, Annamarie really did miss her friends and looking back she regretted not reaching out more to them in her earlier years. But Anna had grown up a lot since then and she was thankful for the new start.

Alyssa playfully rolled her eyes when Annamarie made a statement about her getting extremely tall. That was the one thing that people often seemed to notice first when they always saw her after a long while. After all, she was extremely tall for a girl, and even more tall for someone who had been extremely short as a first year. She went from being a measly 4'11 to a whopping 5'10. Now if only she could gain the hips and other features she'd been hoping to get sometime soon. Sitting down across from Annamarie she beamed her a pretty smile, it was good to see an old face in the castle, she only vaguely wondered if she and Isabella had caught up yet.

"Where have you been all zis time?!" Annamarie seemed to simply disappear and not be heard from since pretty much the second year. It seemed like just yesterday that she was meeting everyone on the Hogwarts Express, and now she was a Fourth Year, feeling older and wiser than ever. 'I can't believe how fast time is flowing by.' Before she knew it she was going to be a Seventh year and headed off into the world. "Bella and I ave missed you much!" She decided to clear her thoughts and voice her thoughts on much Annamarie had been missed.

Annamarie laughed when Alyssa rolled her eyes at her. It looked like her height had changed but her personality didn't (which, of course was a good thing). Anna's smiled faltered when her friend asked her where she has been and said how much she was missed. She knew that she had left after second year without word, but she did not know what to say. Lately it had been so easy to tell everyone she transferred and leave it at that, but she knew that response would not be good enough for her friend. She owed her more than that.

"I went to Salem for third year. My grandmother was a professor there and my family wanted me closer to home." Annamarie began simply. She took pause, willing herself to continue talking. "My Nanny had gotten really sick and my Dad really needed my help." Annamarie could feel her tears build in the corners of her eyes, though she refused to let them fall. This was the first time Annamarie had spoken openly about her Nanny's illness and the first time, in a long time, that she had gotten truly emotional, but she was determined not to breakdown. "Ahem" She cleared her throat in an attempt to restore her calm demeanor. "Well my grandmother died around the start of the school term. She wrote in her will that she wanted me to come back here." she said with a small, yet genuine smile. Annamarie knew her grandmother loved her and that the only that she wanted was her happiness.

This had to be the most personal information she had ever shared with Alyssa. Anna looked up at her friend and gave her an embarrassed smile. She hated burdening other people with her own issues, but was glad that she had gotten the words out. "But yeah...I am glad to be back" she said in brighter voice. "How have things been with you?" she asked, desperately wanting to get her mind off of her own worries.

Alyssa's smiled faded as she listened to Annamarie's sad news, it seemed like almost everyone was having some sort of sadness thrown upon them lately. Was Nicolette really correct when she said that sadness and hatred has started to overcome the world as everyone knew it? "I'm so sorry Annamarie." She smiled to her old friendly softly, if she ever needed anything all she had to do was come to Alyssa and she would try her best to help..if she could. She found it so sweet that she actually returned to Hogwarts like her grandmother's will had stated, especially in such a hard time for her. Courage..guess she really does have the Gryffindor traits.' Alyssa didn't think she had much courage in her, just the will to save her own arse when a moment came along where she would need to.

"As for me, well I learned last year that Theodore Snow is actually my twin brother." Alyssa shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know if Annamarie would remember him or not, but that was pretty much the only exciting thing that had happened to her within the past few years that was actually big enough to mention, except the being Part-Veela thing, which she didn't quitw feel like mentioning at the moment. "Other than that I've been great!" Her smiled returned once more, showing that truly had been enjoying herself the past couple of years.

Annamarie was getting better at accepting people's smypathies. When she was finally able to put her pride aside, she was able to see that people really were concerned and wanted to be supportive. Anna gave Alyssa a small appreciative smile and said "Thanks."

Annamarie listened intently as Alyssa described how she had been lately. It seemed like she had been doing pretty well, but her little piece of news caught Anna off guard. "What?!" she exclaimed a little too loudly. "You mean your cousin Theodore, the guy with a bad attitude?" she said in a slight shock, trying to place the two together. Anna remembered the two were close and that they even did look an awful lot a like. "How did you find out?" she asked curoiusly hoping she wasn't hitting a sore spot.

Yep, Annamarie definitely remembered Theodore. It could easily told by the way Annamarie talked about him, anyone who didn't know him well often called him grouchy and mean. "Yep thats him. We found out in a letter that our parents sent us." She shrugged her shoulders, attempting to be as casual as she could about it. Although everyone thought he was a bad guy, he wasn't that bad. He just wasn't a people person, nor did he even attempt to be, but it's not like it was that much of a problem to Alyssa.

"Are you glad to be back?" She asked finally, she could imagine that Annamarie might had missed the school, and her friends, and maybe even some of the teachers. But then again maybe Annamarie liked her old school better than she liked Hogwarts, Alyssa couldn't really tell.

"Wow..." Annamarie said in a soft voice, still trying to take in what her friend had said. This was one reason why she could never forgive herself for wallowing in her own self-pity. Everyone had their own issues to deal with and Anna felt that her energy was better spent helping others rather than focusing on herself. If there was anything that hurt her the most in her sudden disappearance and year away, it was knowing that she couldn't be there for her friends if they needed her. She saw Alyssa's shrug and she nodded in reply, acknowledging that she shouldn't linger on the topic.

Annamarie gave her friend a big bright genuine smile when she asked if she was glad to be back. "I am very happy to be back. I am not sure if it was the new situation I was in...or the fact that my grandmother was so well known there but everyone there just came off as fake to me. My Nanny was kind of serious about education so everyone assumed I was too. It felt like if the kids weren't judging me as some big teacher's pet, they were always trying to suck up and use me. Anna let her feelings about her old school spill out freely. It wasn't that she didn't like it; it was just that the vibe there was just not for her. "Sorry..." She caught herself getting carried away and gave Alyssa an apologetic look. "It is just that when I came to Hogwarts and met you guys, it was one of the first times I could just be myself. I really missed my friends here. Annamarie wrinkled her nose at her own corniness but every word was true and she hoped Alyssa knew that she considered her a good friend. "Oh yeah...and the boys are wayyyy cuter here too!" she added quickly with a giggle.

Alyssa was sort of surprised that Annamarie thought that people in her other school came off as fake, but then heard that she felt like she was always being judged and almost frowned. If it was one thing she could never really complain about or anything, it was about judgment. Alyssa was one of the most judgmental people in the entire school here, she often based people's status just by the clothing they wore or the people they hung out with. It was a bad habit to have, but it couldn't really be helped, it was pretty much programmed into her system. "I'm not so sure people here are much better, but I'm sure you'll fit in fine." Alyssa knew Annamarie already, plus she had to admit that her Gryffindor friend had a pretty nice sense of fashion already. So there wasn't really much for her to judge on.

"Boys eh? I have yet to see the proof for that one." Sure there were some cute boys around here, but Alyssa had yet to find any here that really interested her. So far she was smitten with Vincent, and she had yet to see or hear anything from him since Winter vacation.

//So sorry about the delay, I've been having computer issues.//

It is no problem...I hope it gets fixed soon! ^_^

Annamarie thoughtfully considered the point that Alyssa made about Hogwarts possibly not being better. Everyone she had met at HNZ so far seemed genuine and honest enough and she hadn't found a reason to not trust anyone at least. At least here she knew that her social isolation had everything to do with herself and nothing to do with how people viewed her. I guess it is relative... she shrugged.

What are you taken or something Miss. Picky? Anna joked with a warm smile. But seriously some of those transfers are down right yummy...And some of the third years around here have really grown up! Her mind was clearly on the encounter she had with Scorpius a while back. While she wouldn't say that she liked him or anything, it was obvious from the slight twinkle in her eye that she was slightly smitten

Alyssa laughed when Annamarie had called her miss picky or taken even, this was actually pretty close to how she was with boys recently. "No no, I'm not taken, but I am picky." She giggled and scratched her head shyly, it sounded bad when other people could pick it up but she couldn't really help it if she didn't find any of the Hogwarts boys to be datable. That and she seemed to a good job chasing or intimidating a lot of them to the point where they wouldn't talk to her really. "There is this reeeaaally cute Beauxbatons boy that I'm eying." The thing was, she barely saw Vincent enough as it was, so there was really no telling how long it would take. They were already friends and had ended up kissing once, but she didn't really know if he wanted to be more or not.

"What about you?" Alyssa wondered if Annamarie had scouted anyone from Hogwarts yet, chances are she'd have a lot more luck since she was less picky than Alyssa was when it involved boys.

Gahhh so sorry for the delay. I was on break and then got smacked with papers so sorry if this is lacking :doh: I am just now catching up.

"Hey whatever floats your boat." Annamarie laughed along with her friend. She grinned happily as she listened to Alyssa talk about her Beauxbatons boy. "Awww Alyssa..." she gushed. She was such a hopeless romantic. Any love story, no matter how big or how small, brought a smile onto her face.

Anna heard Alyssa question and raised her eyebrows. "Nope. I am perpetually single." she said over-dramatically. She couldn't help but roll her eyes at her own ridiculousness, but it was how she felt. She had to admit, even though she was only 14, she felt behind when it came to this who dating thing. She had never had a boyfriend, a date to any dance, nor had she ever been kissed. The closest had ever gotten was on semi-date to Brightstone with Matt her first year, but he disappeared before anything serious could happen.

As she thought silently to herself, the memory of her and Scorpius by the lake flashed in her mind and a small shy smile spread across her face. "Well there is one boy...well kind of...." Annamarie took a sweeping glance around their general area to make sure she wouldn't be overheard. "Have you heard of 3rd year Ravenclaw named Scorpius Knight? Well...Me and him had a flirting session...I think. I don't know...it definitely felt like we were flirting." she stammered. Anna definitely knew that the boy had major crush potential but she had no clue how he felt about her and not knowing was being to take it toll. "He had potential, but I guess time will tell." she said with a sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back