Talking paintings.

Dominic Thatcher

Wand
12 inch, Eucalyptus, Essence of bunyip fang
Dominic sat on the floor in the corridor. He marveled at the paintings as they moved about in their frames. He got a few strange stares form people coming by, but he was used to it by now. One particular portrait took his eye. It was a young boy, about sixteen, who just wouldn't stop moving about. It tapped it's fingers and swayed it's arms. It reminded Dom of himself. "What are you looking at?" The painting exclaimed rudely. Dom laughed. "What's your name?" He asked, the painting was obviously annoyed, Dom had decided to poke fun at it. The painting said nothing, it had clearly had a bad day. "You're boring," he joked with the painting. "Hmph," Is all the painting said back.

Dominic suddenly began to feel really tired. Even though it was the middle of the day, he had stayed up relatively late the previous night but was now beginning to regret it. He struggled to keep his eyes open. It would be very strange to anyone who walked past, seeing a guy asleep on the side of the corridor. Dom smiled at the thought of it, again forcing himself to keep his eyes open. Eventually, Dominic could not keep his eyes open any longer and accidentally nodded off into a light sleep.

Ashley was as always walking until she goes off to the third floor to the library, she was going to return a book she had borrowed. She was reading while walking and it seems a tradition for her to read while walking the wide hallways of Hogwarts but it seems that she's not getting any accidents.

"Ouch." Ashley said loudly as she fell in the stoned marbled ground of the hallway. Her right knee has a scratch and slightly bleeding. She looked what or who she stumbled on, it was not what but who, a boy that she thinks about her age was lying in the ground. Asleep, Ashley was angry at this boy but his face says that she shouldn't.

Dominic was only in a very light sleep when something hit him. He sat up and looked around, a girl had just tripped over him. Note to self, no more sleeping in hallways, he thought partly joking. Dominic scrambled over to her side. "Oh, I'm sorry," he said sincerely. The girl was bleeding slightly, but it was nothing bad. Her book had flown out of her hands and landed a few feet away. Dom stood up and retrieved the book. "Sorry, agian," He said as he handed the girl the book.

Ashley's gazed from the boy was cut when the boy awoke with start. He saw Ash's position and quickly apologize, "It's fine, I did look where I was going." She told the boy, Ash stood up from the ground as the boy retrieved her book which is thrown a few feet from her, the boy then handed it to her and apologize again. "Thanks .. and its nothing. But you should not sleep in the hallways again." Ashley' noted the guy and smiled.

Dominic laughed, of course he shouldn't sleep in hallways, he didn't mean to fall asleep in the first place. This was a very strange way to meet someone. "Well, I'm Dom," he introduced. Dom glanced around to see if anyone else was around, luckily nobody else had seen him fall asleep. He noticed the painting he was talking to earlier, it was in hysterics. "Shut up," Dom snapped at the painting. the painting just laughed even harder.

Guy introduce himself as Dom and as always she has to introduce herself back. "I'm Ash." Ashley told Dom, Ashley chuckled when Dom snapped at the cute kid painting. "Don't worry, no one saw what happened except that painting and the victim." She told Dom and giggled this time.

Dominic sat down, resting his back on the wall. Dom probably wouldn't have cared much if the whole school saw him fall asleep in the corridor, he just didn't like that painting. "So, Ash. Where excactly are you from?" He asked, not being able to pick up on her accent. He saw the painting was still laughing and pointing at Dom. "I'm trying to talk here," Dom told the painting, showing no anger in his voice. "Think I care?" The painting replied smugly. Dom quickly got up, and spun the painting around so it faced the wall before returning to where he was sitting.

Ash sat across from Dom and answered his question, "I'm from London .. and you?" she smiled as she waited for Dom to reply. But got distracted when the cute kid on the painting laughed again, it was then that Dom walked at the painting and turned the painting on the wall. Ashley giggled and faced her palm, "You know your funny." She told him.

Funny. Dom never meant to be funny, maybe Ashley was just reffering to his unusual quriks like getting into fights with paintings and falling asleep in hallways. He didn't get funny very much, more common were comments like weird or strange, but he took those as compliments. "I'm from Australia," Dom replied, "though I used to go to school in the UK, I transfered from there actually." Dom glanced at the painting, it was giving him no trouble anymore.

"Australia? .. My mom lives there with my step sister." She told him and smiled, Ash then heard that he just transfered from there, "Really? I was a transfer before from Hogwarts Scotland." Nothing is to serious that her talkative personality around boys, but it was just a trait that she always have.

Dominic had never seen Ashley there before, they were in the same year, though Dom had only been at Hogwarts Scotland for about six months before he transfered to Hogwarts New Zealand. "So where abouts in Australia is your mum?" Dom asked, wondering if her mum was anywhere near Dom, though it was very unlikley.

"She lives in Brisbane and works on a clothing line ... She's a ... Muggle fashion designer." Ashley told Dom and put a weak smile. She totally misses them and wanted to go home, "So, you said your from there. Where city are you from?" She asked getting on her happy side again.

"Well I'm not really from as city," Dom told Ashley, "I'm from a place just a little bit north of Brisbane. It's called the Sunshine Coast." He wondered if Ashley had ever heard of it, chances were that she did, people from Brisbane always visited the Sunshine coast for short holidays on the weekends. It was sort of like the Gold Coast without the crowds and high-rises.

"Yeah it is pretty nice," Dom agreed, remembering back to when he was younger and he would play on the beach. For the first time since Dom had been at Hogwarts, he began to feel just a little bit homesick. He loved Hogwarts, but he hadn't received any letters for two months and was missing his family.

"Yeah I have made a few new friends here," Dom said, thinking about all the friends he had made. "Though I do have some friends that transfered over here when my old school closed down," He said, a little sad that some of his friends from HWA had transfered to other schools. "So how long have you been at Hogwarts New Zealand for?" Dom asked, wondering if she had been at this school from her very first year.

Ashley bit her lips a little, "That's great for a transfer ... But a bit sad for your old friends who didn't transfer here. But atleast you have new one's." She told her making him cheer up. It was then Dominic asked how long she had been in this school, "I transfered when I was in fourth year, so, I have been her for 3 years now. Like you, I was been Transfered from Hogwarts Scotland."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back