Taking a Swim

Ivy Black

Ivy squinted in the sunlight as she made her way down to the lake. Feeling extremely exhausted and hot, Ivy decided to take a swim. She quickly dived into the water as she felt the water relaxing. Ivy swam for a while, refreshing everything she used to know about the wonders that water can do. Feeling satisfied and a bit better, she climbed out of the water. Ivy shivered al little as her clothes started to dry and her hair stopped dripping. Ivy really wanted to talk to someone. I haven't seen Micah since the summer, Ivy mused, I really want to catch up with her. Ivy sighed and secretly hoped that Micah would suddenly appear out of nowhere.

Micah was extremely bored. Classes had just ended and she didn't have anything to do. Of course she could do her homework but who wanted to do that on a sunny day like today?
She decided to walk down to the lake and if she saw her friend, Ivy, on the way that would be a bonus. Besides Ivy loved to swim. Micah made her way towards the lake. She didn't see Ivy anywhere. Micah was a little disappointed. After all, they hadn't seen each other since before coming to Hogwarts.
Micah came up to the lake and saw someone swimming in it. Micah realized that it was Ivy. Oh! What luck! Ivy and her could finally catch up and talk about things they hadn't since school began.
Suddenly, Micah got a brilliant idea. She saw Ivy coming out of the lake and drying herself off. Micah crept up behind Ivy and in the most snake-like voice whispered, "Sssomeone ssseemss a bit lonely here. BOO!" Micah ended with a shout, and started laughing like a maniac.

((Sorry for the really late reply.))

Ivy had settled down on the rocks, drying in the sun. Her thoughts were roaming elsewhere, and before she could bring them back in, Ivy jumped out of her skin. "OMG!" she shrieked. Ivy whipped her head around and glared at the newcomer. " Thanx for scaring me to death and not kepping in touch with me." Ivy grinned in spite of herself. "You know, your laugh hasn't changed at all" She also join in the laughter and wondered if on-lookers might think of them as mainacs who have escaped from St. Mungos. "So Micah, how have you been?"

((Np!!! :p))

Micah was trying to regain hold on her ability to talk when Ivy asked her how she was. That was when her grin dropped to a small smile.
"Okay, I guess. I just miss dad and Blake soo much! And Rayne as well," Micah pouted. She knew Ivy would understand her. This was the first time in ever, that she was away from her brother and her cat. "I'm so happy that you're here. Even though we haven't seen each other in a while. How's life in Ravenclaw? I knew you'd end up there. You're always thinking up clever sollutions to people's problems. honestly it gets on my nerves at times. Why do you have to help EVERYONE?!" Micah was exicted to finally talk to her friend but when she got exicted, she did two very different things. Firstly, she would babble on until someone cut her off or slapped her and secondly, she had major mood swings. Ivy could handle that though. That was one of the reasons why she was Micah's best friend. After all she had lasted all these years.

((It's my turn to say: sorry for very (no exxageration) late reply!))

Ivy grinned when Micah began to babble. It was very amusing to see one of her bestest friends lose themselves. Through her barely controlled laughter, Ivy managed to say, "Looks like someone is enjoying their newly attained rights as a Slytherin " Ivy snorted as she realised that she had to use complex words in every sentence. Ivy would always sympathize with Micah about her cat and family. But Micah was always there for her too; she was kind of like a home away from home for Ivy. Smiling, she said, "What other house did you expect me to be in..??" For once, Ivy was unsure about what she had just asked. She herself had been expected to be in any house as her traits reflected those of all houses: mind of a Ravenclaw, heart of a Gryffindor , the features of a Slytherin and the actions of a Huffelpuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back